RAF C17 Globemaster

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
pcpilot007
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

RAF C17 Globemaster

Post by pcpilot007 »

Hi, I hope that someone here might be able to point me in the right direction, or help me out. I am trying to find some RAF Textures for your C17, I have checked on Avsim, Flt sim, Also on Graham King`s site, have even googled it but have not found any does anyone know if there are any textures and if so where I might be able to download them from, help most apprecaited.

Paul
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

As far as I know, and now somebody will correct me, but the only textures are in the original PAI package for the RAF C-17s, although this means that you only have 4 paints.

I think that if somebody had ever asked Graham he probably would have done them.
Steve
pcpilot007
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by pcpilot007 »

Thanks firebird, just one other thought the Hichman AB pack has a C17, which is descride as MAIW_RWAI_PAI C-17 would the orginal PAI pack work with this one or are they different,
Will also contact Graham King, and see if he is able to do one.

Sorry for being a pain.

Paul.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

pcpilot007 wrote:Will also contact Graham King, and see if he is able to do one.
Paul.
Why would Graham do the paints when they are already in the original package? Just download the original package and you will have the RAF paints in a complete package. It comes complete with the aircraft and textures for 90% of the aircraft (100% of those flying at the time the package was produced, including the 4 RAF aircraft).

If you want paints for the two new airframes - you'll find that the differences are so small you'd be hard pressed to notice them.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
pcpilot007
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by pcpilot007 »

Hi Celtic Warrior,
Firebird says"original PAI package for the RAF C-17s" the only C17s that I have found are the MAIW C17, in the Hichman AB which are discribed as MAIW_RWAI_PAI C-17 and will the textures from the origanal PAI Package work with them, if so I will hunt them down.

I would only contact Graham as a last resort, any help would be most apprecaited.

Paul.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Yes, it's the same model.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
pcpilot007
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by pcpilot007 »

Thank You Mile JG,
Have just seached Avsim, Flightsim.com, simviation for the PAI Package, searchrd under C17, Also Rysiek Winawer and found nothing, so will give up on this one, once again thank you all for your replys and help.

Paul.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Don't give up, you just haven't gone to the right place yet.
As far as I know PAI packages are only available through their own website http://www.projectai.com/ I think that you may have to register to get to the download section.
Steve
pcpilot007
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by pcpilot007 »

Thank you Steve,
Have know found what I was looking for HELP most APPRECAITED,

Paul