ADF AI testers wanted

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Bell 209
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by Bell 209 »

What other traffic are you running? If you have a mix of FS9 and FSX traffic bgls, traffic won't show.
flyerkg
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by flyerkg »

Thank you for the advisory. I might have to pull my other traffic files for awhile and consider it a tour of duty in Australia. I do have a combination of traffic files so I will give it a try.
flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

Rob,

I have found a few helicopters in a few locations when running just the ADF_AI_FSX.bgl and when I add the RAAF Traffic files I never see any fixed wing aircraft. Thus, the Trafficvoz files must create conflicts because if I run these VOZ files you never see the ADF traffic. Perhaps this feedback will serve as a good test?

Keith
Bell 209
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Bell 209 »

G'day Keith,

The VOZ AI bgl is problematic; sometimes it behaves as an FSX traffic file but when put through AI Flightplan Converter it shows as an FS9 file. I recompiled it and then all was well. Both files now work on my computer - you may need to do the same.
flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

Alright, thanks Mate!
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

So, what you're saying is - if you have FSX with FS9 flightplans installed, the FSX ADF package won't work? In which case we'd be better off downloading the FS9 package and installing that?

I was wondering why I wasn't seeing any of the aircraft. The MAIW Hawk package shows up a treat because I didn't install the ADF 67/69 Sqn files :lol:
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Bell 209
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Bell 209 »

Correct. You need to run all your plans through the flightplan converter to make them all FS9 or FSX versions. Combinations mean a loss of traffic overall. This is true no matter whose plans you use. Personally, I use all ADE airfileds (I convert any AFCADs to FSX format) and ensure all my plans are FSX, too.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

There is more and more to this FSX lark than meets the eye. Useful info there, Rob.
Steve
flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

Here's a new observation.

I just re-introduced the FS9 ADF AI files into FSX without any conversion and everything finally shows up. The Flight1 Addon Converter X program must be doing the work automatically. So far so good.
Flyin Illini
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by Flyin Illini »

can you still get this anywhere?
Bell 209
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Bell 209 »

ADF AI for FSX? Yes, at www.vistaoz.org (new version). Flight1 Addon Converter X? Don't know.
flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

I must apologize for the bad info.

FlightSimTools is where you will need to look for the Addon Converter X program. It only had the Flight1 wrapper for purchase associated with it.

Just do a web browser, put the www in front and dot com after FlightSimTools. I think this is still an active site. They also did the Helicopter AI program that builds AI flight plans for choppers you have in your aircraft directory. So far I am seeing the ADF planes without using any of the previously named tools or procedures.

Keith
Bell 209
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Bell 209 »

ADF AI for FSX is a genuine FSX flightplan. Problems only come when the two plan types are mixed.
flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

Thanks again!

I am running nearly every MAIW package that I had in FS9 unconverted and even have some TrafficX which are FSX and now the ADF unconverted. So far so good. However, I think the unconverted flight plans are conflicting with the TrafficX because I have yet to see any of the civilian Helicopter traffic that should show up from that product. I'm happy even if I find out the schedules are a little off.

Keith