Weird AFCAD issue

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
davidbernard
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Weird AFCAD issue

Post by davidbernard »

Guys, help me out please..

I've been working on an AFCAD for Balad AB in Iraq. It's quite complex with drive-thru parking, new cargo and heli aprons and stuff.

I've made FP's for the MAIW Shaw and SC ANG F-16's to bring life to this base. Only: the AC disappear after landing. I am aware of the most obvious reasons for that, like too less parking spots, radius, and so on, but as far as I can see all is ok. As a matter of fact I'm sure of that. All spots are connected, no missing hold short nodes, etc.

I needed to stop testing this morning because I had to go to work, but I can't get this out of my mind ;-)

Last things I checked:

- Airport reference point is same as original
- Airport ID is same as original

Only: I changed City and Airport Name. Could this be the problem because of the AC landing on the wrong/original runway that has no taxiway connections?

Ah.. I hate this ;-)

David
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

One problem that could cause this is that there is too big a gap after exiting the runway before a normal blue node.
It sounds strange but we had this problem in our Spanish Harrier pack. If in doubt try putting one just after the hold short node would be reached by an aircraft exiting the runway.
Try that.
Steve
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Move Airport reference point.
I had a lot of problem when tried a "double" AFCAD for double take-off.

Hope this help.
sprocky
Major
Major

Re: Weird AFCAD issue

Post by sprocky »

davidbernard wrote: Only: I changed City and Airport Name. Could this be the problem because of the AC landing on the wrong/original runway that has no taxiway connections?
David,

did you leave the ICAO code? Or did you change this one, too? If so you have to change it in your flightplans. What do you mean with "the AC landing on the wrong/original runway that has no taxiway connections"? Do you still see the original rwy laying unconnected somewhere? I am slightly confused :?
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
davidbernard
Captain
Captain

Post by davidbernard »

@Jan: No, I didn't change the ICAO. All AC do show up at the right parking spots, take off as supposed, but disappear after landing. I don't see the original RW.

Thanks for the suggestions, will try them out tonight and keep you posted!

David
davidbernard
Captain
Captain

Post by davidbernard »

Well.. I made all properties (airport name, etc.) exactly the same as the default airport and added some normal nodes right behind the hold short nodes. This solves all problems.

Thanks everyone for the help.

I will finish the AFCAD soon and upload to AVSIM together with FP's. Aircraft from a number of MAIW packages will be used (C-130, F-16, A-10, AH-64, CH-47). I also added the 'Yugo' shelters from the MAIW_AB0 scenery library, so if you have it installed these shelters will show up.

I already saw a number of MAIW Seymour Johnson F-15E's on the ramp. Looks great.

David