Tengah AB - Singapore

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by Ford Friendly »

From what I read, the A-4's are "in storage" already.
jgibson_sniper

Post by jgibson_sniper »

yeah, they went into storage around 2005-2006. due to maintenance, cost of operation, and delays with the F-35, the RSAF had to find an aircraft to fill the empty spot. they choose the F-15SG. The F-15 beat out the F/A-18F and I believe the Eurofighter.
maverick69
Major
Major

Post by maverick69 »

it seems that some RSAF a-4su and ta-4su are still flying in cazaux (LFBC) and orange (LFMO)

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singapor ... id=1392105

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singapor ... id=1271795
Jonjon
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Jonjon »

Hello all,

The A-4 are still in use in Cazaux (around 20 of them), for Orange AB, they just came from Cazaux for an airshow.
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Graham King »

I have produced this. If somebody wants to give me some serial numbers I will paint the squadron.

Graham King

Why can’t they keep the colours in the bloody paint pots and just leave them grey

www.graham-king.me.uk

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Nice, shame there is no chance of getting their somewhat unique two-seater though.
Last edited by Firebird on 13 Dec 2008, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

Is there anything Graham can't do :)
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
The Virtual Air National Guard
Ask me how to join....
http://www.flyvang.org/
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Graham King »

Yes, there is lots I cannot do but not mentionable in this forum :)

I worked out how to find the serial numbers, thanks maurizio for your help. I have painted 18 A-4's. Obviously the TA-4 only have a single cockpit.

You can download them here.

Read the note below the download link.

Last edited by Graham King on 15 Dec 2008, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.
Graham King

Why can’t they keep the colours in the bloody paint pots and just leave them grey

www.graham-king.me.uk

jgibson_sniper

Post by jgibson_sniper »

Graham, you truly are awesome!
jinx
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

RAF TENGAH ANYONE ?

Post by jinx »

:D

All the above is wonderful, but If I am not mistaken there was an RAF Tengah at some time in the past with only RAF aircraft. Has anyone done anything about that RAF base at Tengah. It had Hunters, Lightnings, etc and may other interesting aircraft live Bevs, Whirlwinds, etc My memory fails me as to the exact types but a search on the net will reveal things.

Here is wikidpedia:

[edit] Malayan Emergency
During the Malayan Emergency, Tengah was used to house Avro Lincolns of the Royal Air Force and Royal Australian Air Force which performed bombing missions on communist guerrillas. In 1954 the Royal Air Force was re-equipped with Venom FB4's and Vampire T11's of 60 Squadron and was joined by 14 Squadron of the Royal New Zealand Air Force. In 1958 they were joined by 45 Squadron RAF and 75 Squadron RNZAF, with Canberra B.2. The Royal Australian Air Force retained their Lincolns with No 1(B) Bomber squadron until the end of the emergency.

[edit] Konfrontasi
During the period of Indonesia–Malaysia confrontation, the RAF deployed 74 Squadron with its English Electric Lightning F6s followed by 20 Squadron with its Hawker Hunter fighter aircraft in addition to the Gloster Javelins of 60 Squadron and 64 Squadron, to the air base to help bolster the air defense of Singapore and Peninsula Malaysia against air incursions from P-51 Mustangs and MiG-21s of the Indonesian Air Force (TNI-AU).

In 1964, an Indonesian Air Force C-130 Hercules crashed while trying to evade interception by a Javelin of 60 Squadron. On 30 April 1968, the Gloster Javelins of 60 Squadron flew their last RAF operational sorties from Tengah and the squadron was disbanded the same day.

As a show of force to deter Indonesia during this period, the RAF also deployed a medium bomber force detachment to Tengah in the form of Victor B.1A bombers from 15 Squadron in August 1963, which was rotated with those dispersed to RAAF Butterworth (Malaysia). The detachment of Victor bombers was replaced in October 1964 by a detachment of Vulcan B.1A bombers from 12 Squadron, these were subsequently pull back to RAF Akrotiri in December that same year for reasons unknown. In August 1965, 9 Squadron resumed RAF's Vulcan bomber detachment to Tengah, followed by 35 Squadron in December 1965, these were in turn replaced by 9 Squadron again in February 1966. After June 1966, 9 Squadron returned to Akrotiri following the end of the confrontation.

[edit] Closure
The RAF station closed at the end of March 1971 and Tengah was handed over to the Singapore Air Defence Command (later the Republic of Singapore Air Force) by 1973, after the British pullout. Despite this, the base continue to host British and Commonwealth air forces/troops under the auspices of the Five Power Defence Arrangements
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

Has anyone done anything about that RAF base at Tengah.
AFAIK, no.

OTOH, you might want to check UKMIL's website to see if any of those guys have any interest. They are, fairly obviously, RAF-oriented both in terms of aircraft and UK scenery - BUT have also made or are making scenery for RAF Mediterreanean locations.
Why waste 'trons for a snappy signature when I can use this?
rob hirst
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Tengah AB - Singapore

Post by rob hirst »

Hi guy's,

I'm sorry to resurect such an old post, but was wondering where I could get the Singapore KC-135 paints now? The PAI based textures are no longer on avsim, and Graham's site is no longer with us.

A pointer to any plans would also be helpful to save me making my own.

Thanks all.

Rob
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: Tengah AB - Singapore

Post by campbeme »

rob hirst wrote:Hi guy's,

I'm sorry to resurect such an old post, but was wondering where I could get the Singapore KC-135 paints now? The PAI based textures are no longer on avsim, and Graham's site is no longer with us.

A pointer to any plans would also be helpful to save me making my own.

Thanks all.

Rob
Rob, please don't drag up 4year old posts unless you have an update for the thread or are starting your own old thread back up. Next time please just start a new thread with your own topic keeps thing tidy and current. Not having a dig just letting you know mate. :D

Before anyone asks this thread died years ago so please don't ask the status of this scenery, it never got finished.
Mark