The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Netherlands Air Force Retro (1989) pack!

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Thud
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Netherlands Air Force Retro (1989) pack!

Post by Thud »

Hi all,

A while ago Superbuggzz and I launched two topics (about Valkenburg and Volkel) concerning a project we were working on. Never finished it but, and that is goods news because we are still working on it! Somethings better might take some time extra than never happen at all.

I actually thought it better to give you a small look in our kitchen and see (read actually) what we are brewing. And how much longer you will have to wait for supper.

As told before, Polleke and I are mightily impressed by all the AI allready gracing the virtual skies but we are really missing the Dutch squadrons and planes. Unfortunetaly the airforce as we know her today is, in our mind, just absolutely dull and just a shadow of her former power.
So we opted for the late eighties. F-5's were still operating from three bases. F-16's were on full strengt and still being delivered. No airbases were closed yet. Flying was plentiful and the Cold War..... was still on!

So, a breakdown of what we are working on;

Aircraft first:
F-16 : A good model is available. And we are working on repaints and flightplans for different squadrons. Ruud (Polleke) is making the repaints and put in at least one great Easter Egg. Which is a very, very interesting repaint.

F-5 : A model is in the works. But not done yet. Once available we will launch the repaints offcourse.

F-15: Not really in the inventory of the Royal Netherlands Air Force but operational very much part of it. Model is available and the repaints are done!

Fokker 27: Also available. All repaints are done for the 334sqn, 336 sqn will follow

Alouette III: We found a model, but not really AI. A light one though and we are trying to fit it in our world. An than off course, we will have to make repaints for the 298sqn, 300 sqn and SAR helo's.

PC-7: Also a model, but not AI. And not really light either. But we had only ten of them at that time so we think we can get away with it after some alterations.

P-3 Orion: Model available and repaints are done! (and beautiful, thanks Ruud!)

Bolkow Bo-105: We found one, no AI but a light one. We are trying to fix it to let it fly as AI and make some repaints.

Westland SH-14D Lynx: No dice yet. Anyone for a good model?

The squadrons:

298 Sqn: No fp's yet. Waiting for the model to come fully operational. And I need to alter the afcad of Soesterberg a bit more.
299 Sqn: Nothing done yet. Waiting for a Bolkow
300 Sqn: No fp's yet.Waiting for the model of an Alouette
306 Sqn: Ready
311 Sqn: Ready
312 Sqn: Ready
313 Sqn: Ready, but for F-16's only. Still waiting for the F-5
314 Sqn: Ready, but for F-16's only. Still waiting for the F-5
315 Sqn: Ready
316 Sqn: Ready, but for F-16's only. Still waiting for the F-5
320 Sqn: Ready
322 Sqn: FP's halfway, repaints as well
323 Sqn: FP's halfway, repaints as well
334 Sqn: Done and looking good ;-)
336 Sqn: FP is ready, waiting for the repaint
860 Sqn: Nothing yet, need a good model first!
EMVO: Done, waiting for the repaints.
32 TFS : Done! Was indeed a USAFE squadron, but operational under control by the Dutch Air Force (a unicum) and just as much part of Soesterberg as the Fokkers and Alo's and the concreet of the runway.
SAR: Working on the FP's, Ruud is working on the repaint. Looking forward for the results.

The bases:
Most bases are not covered or runway only in the standard FS9 world. I am working on afcads for the bases. Don't expect spit and polish afcads but they are good, work well and resemble the bases as they looked like twenty years ago.

Volkel: Done
Soesterberg: In progress, need to fit the Alo's in which fly terrible slow so I don't want them to mess up the circuit
Leeuwarden: Done
Twente: Done, only an execlude file to do
Eindhoven: Almost done, need to fix some for the F-5
Gilze Rijen: Same as Eindhoven
Valkenburg: Done, only an execlude file left to do
De Kooy: Done
Woensdrecht: Done
Deelen: Only some things to do on parking spots. And probably some fixes once the Bolkow is available
Curacao - Hato: Done

I brought some old fields back
Ypenburg: Done
De Peel : Done, 306 is part based there. De Peel was their wartime home.

And both ranges:
Jackpot Range
Vliehors Range

The helipads will be made as well, but as seperate files because I want the SAR Alo's stand on the helo pad during the operating hours.
I am also planning to make some strips at army ranges to drop in some Alo's and Bolkows. Makes it look good I guess.
Next to that I am trying to get the frequencies of the towers seperated which currently is quite an annoyance in Holland.

So, yes you will have to wait some time more. But I guess we will start to upload some packages soon to Avsim or some site like that. They will not include scenery, only the AFCAD and Execlude files, FP's and airplane/ repaints.

But once everything is ready........you don't want to fly outside the Dutch Airspace ever again!
Last edited by Thud on 28 Feb 2009, 08:46, edited 1 time in total.
"He saluted us with something fighter pilots understand, a buzz job by the boss"
Jack Broughton - Going Downtown
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

A very ambitious project guys, I look forward to the day that it is released.
Steve
Thud
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Thud »

Hi Steve,

Quite ambitious but we think it can be done. All planes all together it might just be as much as let's say a Nellis and Luke AFB together. The Dutch Airforce is not that big!
Problem is time and the fact that we lost some of the things we were working on so we had to re do it. However, we are still learning and the few things that are done makes it allready look good. Visiting F-15's and F-16's on the tarmac at Leeuwarden for example.
However finding the right models and making all the repaints that's really a pain in (Superbuggzz) ass!

I will post some screenshots of the progress later on!

Cheers,

Arjan
"He saluted us with something fighter pilots understand, a buzz job by the boss"
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

Thud
Maybe one of the things you need not worry about is visiting aircraft
Most people have othe packages installed that will naturally create visiting aircraft and it may duplicate other works and over populate

Just a thought to save you some work

cheers

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Chrisb
Major
Major

Post by Chrisb »

Keep at it guys. This is one I have been so looking forward to since your early screenshots.

Chris
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Netherlands Air Force Retro (1989) pack!

Post by bismarck »

Thud wrote:F-5 : A model is in the works. But not done yet. Once available we will launch the repaints offcourse.
Is it a new multi LOD model?

Bye, Giorgio
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The one I am thinking of is fully MAIW compliant, but the E and F are first off the production line, I believe.
Of course as I am not the modeler, what do I know :lol: .
Steve
Keith Jones
Captain
Captain

Post by Keith Jones »

Thanks for the info, Thud. I'm looking forward to replacing all the stuff I do have with yours. Quick question. Will your AFCADs be for the default or the NL2000 scenery? If it's for the default scenery that will be great. It will give me the reason I need to rip NL2000 out of my system!
Where ever you go, there you are.
Thud
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Thud »

The F-5 is indeed MAIW compatible as you say and I know the developer is also working on an A model. I do sincerely hope that he finds the time to finish it and also in a later stage the B. But that's all I will say about it, I don't think it is up to me to open up about it.

About the visitors, well we try to recreate the operations of the airforce at that time. And offcourse most of the days you saw a score of aircraft operated by the airforce. So I will try to get some PC-7's at the fields, some Leeuwarden F-16's to Volkel a lone Alouette to De Peel etc.
Next to that, I will try to let the squadrons operate as normal as possible. Making the fp's very, very extensive. For example, Volkel operates 64 aircraft at 455 legs! Not too bad I would say
Besides, MAIW might let drop in their aircraft at Dutch airfields more often. Did only notice some F-15's from LAkenheath at Soesterberg.

NL2000? Forgot about that scenery. Didn't make Netherland look better, didn't it? Why would you run it? But remember, for as far as now we only do the afcads, no scenery. But yet again, from the air it looks pretty neat. But drop me a pm, maybe I can send you some files and you check if it fits. Don't know anything about the afcads in NL2000.

Best regards,
ARjan
Savage
Captain
Captain

Post by Savage »

Within my flightplans for the Spanish AV8 pack I'm sure I sent some to both Vliehors and (often via) Leeuwarden.
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by zsoltfireman »

Netherlands Air Force Retro (1989) pack?

When will be available?
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

zsoltfireman wrote:Netherlands Air Force Retro (1989) pack?

When will be available?
This was never finished and the member has not been here for some time.

Check the retro forum; http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... m.php?f=47

I have done some scenery and there are flightplans/paints available for the F-16.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by zsoltfireman »

Thank you!
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Szívesen!

:)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."