The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

RAF Valley AI

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
Guy Neild
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

RAF Valley AI

Post by Guy Neild »

Hi,

I know this request is not strictly military but would like help if possible, to complement my UK AI (MAIW) I would like to install Highland Airways Jet Stream 31 to my UK200 RAF Valley scenery.

For sometime now Highland Airways have run flights from Valley to Cardiff on a daily bases, as I do the majority of flying from Valley it would be nice to have the realism of military and commuter flights in my FS9 set up.

Is there anyone who could point me in the right direction to get the Jetstream 31 doing the flights too and from Cardiff? I know that PAI have a jet stream and I can find flight plans for the Highland Airways fleet, I have also found the correct texture to add to the PAI JS 31 base pack, my problem is that I run Vista and cannot get the PAI installer to run without getting the 103 Error and the point of installation.

I am also not very confident of how to run Ttools.

Thank you in advance for any help,

Guy.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Guy,

I can help you out with the first bit, if you pm me I can send you the basic files that will enable you to add your textures and get your aircraft available.

I did a google on 'pai installer error 103 vista' and did find a work around but it involves going in and changing your environmental settings for TEMP and TMP. It sounds a bit much for just this, but as I don't use vista I am not comfortable passing the info on.

Now on the second part, are you saying that you can get flightplans in ttools format or you can real schedules?
Steve
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

Actually that changing the environmental variables thing is QUITE EASY. Seriously.

There's a thread on the PAI forums about it... very clear instructions.
Why waste 'trons for a snappy signature when I can use this?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

It appears straight forward enough, but I am not going to pass on instructions that I don't know the consequences of and can't help if it goes wrong. Years in IT have taught me to fail safe when in doubt.

If you wish to point Guy to them and help him out with any problems, I am sure that he would appreciate your help.
Steve
Guy Neild
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Guy Neild »

Hi Gent's,

thanks for your replys, I have seen the fix for the 103 error problem on PAI forum, I am not that confident on such things and am very new to Vista so I will take Steve advice and leave the fix.

Steve I have sent you a PM.

Thanks again Guy.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Just to put a final note to this thread, I think.
Guy now has his model installed, and got his schemes and flight plans installed to his satisfaction.
Steve
Guy Neild
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Guy Neild »

Hi gents,

I can confirm that I now have Highland Airways working, I would like to say thank you to everyone that helped me achieve my goal, I would like to say a special thanks to Steve (Firebird) who took great effort to talk me through getting everything installed.

I have been a long time member of MAIW and have most of your packages installed, I am amazed at the quality of the packages but assistance I have received installing a package that has not even been produced by MAIW is outstanding.

Thank you,

Guy.