The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Nominating myself for a Darwin award.......

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Nominating myself for a Darwin award.......

Post by MIKE JG »

So I managed to fall through the ceiling of the garage at my parents house the other day. I was up in their attic storing some boxes from their recent move when I got careless and wasn't watching where I was standing. Next thing I knew, I heard a loud bang and was falling through the ceiling. By some miracle, I managed to grab the ceiling joices and catch myself. So there I was hanging on like a monkey for dear life while drywall was crashing to the floor all around me. Other than being a bit scraped up and a bit sore, I'm no worse for the wear. Could have been much worse.

Sign me up for the Darwin award or as comedian Bill Engvall would say, "here's your sign".
Attachments
DSC03910.JPG
DSC03910.JPG (171.39 KiB) Viewed 221 times
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Mike, hope you only got a bruised ego mate. Are you OK?
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Jumpshot724
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by Jumpshot724 »

LOL!!

Funny thing is, my dad did the exact same thing when I was young, like 8 or so which was 16 or so years ago. I remember hearing the crash and my mom and me running up the stairs to see nothing but my dad's lower half sticking through the ceiling and his legs kicking the air.

Scary at the time, but hilarious now lol
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

So then Mike, when are your parents going to sue you?
Steve
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Hey, Mike, hope you are fine.

But I could not resist when reading your location: "birthplace of aviation"? If you had spread your wings and flew it would have looked like a proud bird instead of a monkey :lol:
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
Dark Morelia
Captain
Captain

Post by Dark Morelia »

Hope you're ok Mike!

I think we've all done things like that :lol:
I had a hard time deciding what my stupidest moment so far is, as there are so many!
I managed to narrow it down to a time I was out for a walk along a small creek, and heard "lizard noises" coming from a large grass tussock ahead of me. Being somewhat of a Steve Irwin, I decided to investigate, and parted the tussock to come face to face with a rather sizable (~4ft) Alpine Copperhead - a snake more than capable of a fatal bite.
I just froze in place, bent over, with my hands about a foot away from it, until he decided he didn't like being exposed, and went to look for another hiding spot. phew! :shock:
Here's a pic of a different one I found crossing a road a little while back - photographed from a much safer distance (8ft or so :lol: )
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dark_morelia/388889099/
Drew >>

Paul
Captain
Captain

Post by Paul »

Reminds me of National Lampoons Christmas Vaction, only no bunk bed to catch you. Glad your alright specially with a concrete floor below you. OOOUUCH!!!!
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

geez dude!, the the most important thing is your ok, minus a bruised ego :wink: