PROBLLEM LOADING VOICEPACK

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
delivio
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

PROBLLEM LOADING VOICEPACK

Post by delivio »

INSTALLED MAIW LAST YEAR, BUT DID NOT COMPLETE THE INSTALLATION OF VOICEPACK, NOW I INSTALLED EDITVOICEPACK 3.1,THIS ASK FOR MS NET FRAMEWORK 3.5 (52MG) DID ALL THAT, THEN GO BACK TO INSTALL EDITVOICEPACK, AND IT KEEPS TELLING ME TO INSTALL FRAMEWORK, BUT IT IS INSTALLED???? ANY HELP PLEASE??? CARL :( :(
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Welcome to the forums Carl. First thing, can you do us all a favor and turn off the "caps lock" on your machine when you post? I don't really mind but in the internet forums world, typing in all caps is the equivilant of shouting. Again I don't care but some people think it's rude. It also is a bit hard to read when it's in all caps.

As far as your question goes:

Try going to your start menu/set programs access and defaults/change or remove programs/ and scroll down the list of programs installed until you find which versions of MS .NET Framework you have installed. I only have up through v2.0 so I'm not even sure you need 3.5.

Here's some troubleshooting tips from the EVP documentation:

EditVoicepack won’t start (Microsoft Voicepack damaged)

Typically this happens when the voicepack files of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight has been changed by another program than EditVoicepack (like MyTraffic) but it can also happen in a few other situations.

Please restore the original file from your Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight CD number 2. The file is inside the file "MSGame4.cab" for the 10 voice setup, and inside the "MSGame5.cab" file for the three voice setup. Copy the file to the Sound directory under the Flight Simulator directory. In case the Sound directory contains files named *.evpOrg or Evp_Accelerated.gvp they should be deleted.
EditVoicepack won’t start (Missing registry key)

When you install Flight Simulator a registry key is created pointing to the location Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight is installed. If you move Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight to another directory you should update the registry key to reflect the new location. If you are not comfortable editing the registry you should follow the following procedure:

1. Rename the directory you installed Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight in (the name does not matter)
2. Install Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight in the intended location
3. Delete the directory of the newly installed Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight
4. Rename the directory from step 1 back to the intended name

EditVoicepack won't start (Unhandled Exception)

This can be a serious problem and I can't provide a bullet proof solution. I recommend following the following procedure:

1. Uninstall EditVoicepack
2. Uninstall the .NET Framework version 1.1
3. Reboot
4. Install the .NET Framework version 1.1
5. Run Windows Update - reboot if required
6. Install EditVoicepack

If you haven't done so already, installing the latest service pack for Windows might also solve the problem.

If you've already tried this, I'm not sure what else I know of to try.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Carl,
I think that Mike has already covered the problem. MS Framework is not like normal programs in that the latest version is newer than previous versions. There are three frameworks, currently, 1 , 2 and 3 with various sub versions and service packs.
EVP was created before Framework 3 was created, according to what Mike has logged here it needs Framework 1 and at least updated to 1.1, thats what you need to install alongside Framework 3.

In answer to your next question, yes Framework 2 is separate again and some other programs will use that. You can either install it now or wait until you load something that needs it.
Steve
delivio
Cadet
Cadet

load of voice pack prob

Post by delivio »

thanks fellows, idid load vp3.3, at first. as you said i needed vp1.1, got it on now. still working on getting the download to produce the call signs instead of numerics. any advice? carl
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Sorry, Carl, I don't understand what you mean?
You have installed EVP, and added the VCPMODs that we have done previously and they don't work, or is it something else?
Steve
delivio
Cadet
Cadet

only numeric call signs

Post by delivio »

Steve, i nstaled Edit
voicepack, installed MS net framework 1.1, ran editvoicepack an importall the vcpmod files, by using update the voicepack.reload fs9, still no call signes except numeric. the aircraft is flying. even found 747 AF1 parked in anavel air station. i dont think i've activated the MAiw SCENERY LIBRARY CORRECtly. got confused on page 8 looking for 'scenery library', cant find it. is it on fsx only. got to go to work now. but thanks for any help. I may have multi files for scenery. (self inflicked wounds). be back on line tonight. thanks
carl
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

It sounds like you may be making the same mistake that I made the first time I used EVP, which is to import the new VCPMODS but not update the Voicepack, as per MAIW Docs.

If you import, then save, without updating then EVP will know about the VCPMODs but not actually use them. Can you confirm that you have carried out the update?
Steve
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Yeah I did that too first, second & third time.

Mark
Mark
delivio
Cadet
Cadet

Post by delivio »

yes, idid update. but may not have 'exit' with save the first time. so i redid everthing and updated, 'exit with save. but still got numeric callsigns on mill aircraft talking to tower and taking off at KADW. maybe this is correct and other call signs are used in flight to each other??? carl
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Carl,
Is this a problem with FS9 or FSX?
Steve
delivio
Cadet
Cadet

Post by delivio »

steve my system is FS9.maybe thats why i can't find a "library' under scenery?? got to go work now. see you later. carl
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Carl,
OK then you should get callsigns for aircraft that you have added vcpmods for. if you could give us an example of a particular aircraft that has this problem.
Now as we know its FS9 then if the updates have been done then you should be getting some callsigns. The only reason that I can currently think of for no callsigns to be heard is that you are picking up a non-MAIW afcad that hasn't got ATC set up properly on it, can't think why only numbers would be heard.

Now as regards to the MAIW Scenery Library, it is not one library but a collection of libraries that we produce and keep in one folder. If you can point me to the specific package that you have the problem with the installation instructions then I can help with that.

It seems that maybe we should start from scratch. What MAIW package would you like to go through?
Steve
delivio
Cadet
Cadet

call sign problem

Post by delivio »

Steve, the package. version'3, for FS 2004/FS9, initial release date' december 2007, package lead' Barry Taylor. thats the USAF Andrews AFB Transport Package. I'm working off printed instruction sheets 1 thru 13, By the way, last night i noticed that AFC started giving more info then usual, esample, "light winds", along with landing info. Never heard that before. Also the aircraft i was monitoring and watching were, 3 of the 6 f16s, two call numbers were,479,and 442. missed the other. then two C130s took off, with call # of, 1888 and 1992, the latter may have been landing. I'll run it now, and check it out,I'll be up several hours. It's 0200Z here on the missippi. thanks for haning in there. carl P.S. this was at KADW.
delivio
Cadet
Cadet

call sign problem

Post by delivio »

Steve, now 3 F 16s are taking off of kadw, time 1325Z. on nov. 5, 2009. ATC gives them "light serface winds" with permission to take off, thats new! maybe these planes are ones from my "traffic Plus" i think i have military also. can this info help? thanks carl 0239Z
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Carl,
I think the Traffic Plus info is very relevant. Firstly, good info of the date and time, although its easy if you just say the day of the week, as date is irrelevant. I turned 5 Nov 2009 into a Thursday.

Now I use a program that is able to show a timetable for a location for a specific day of the week, and I have no three ship of F-16s taking off from KADW at 1325z. The closest is a pair at 13:05z.
There are no F-16s with callsigns of 479 or 442 at all, and no C130s with callsigns of 1888 or 1992.

It leads me to believe that this Traffic Plus pack is adding to your traffic at KADW, my guess is at least doubling it. Also it appears that that traffic is not currently set up to use individual callsigns. I would further guess that the aircraft in that pack either have no unit markings or they have the same reg numbers on the tail.

Can you confirm any of this?
Steve
delivio
Cadet
Cadet

call sign problem

Post by delivio »

Steve, conferm.... none of the planes have unit insig. on tail.
f-16s no tail #s or insig, only red band on top of rudder
c-130 parked by itself, no unit insg. or tail #
" " on apron no unti insg or tail #

looks like a lear jet, winglets,6 windows, but is not like my lear 45
have four.
tail 70401 no insig
tail 60202 " "
tail 904xx " " can't read tail?
tail 96xxx " " " " "
So i see no insig. on any plane, that is shown on page 5, dois that mean these are all my old planes from Traffic Plus- military??? it look like it is!!!
can you tell me a part of the schedule. day, time, airport, plane to watch for?? i'll see what goes then thanks steve, carl raab
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yes all that traffic is nothing to do with this package, for example as the documentation says that the F-16s were done in another package, and there are no C-130s in the package, nor are there any Learjets.

As for the schedule, I have attached a couple of html files of part of the package. The times are GMT so you should be able to find something.

Now I should mention something here, that the html dumps do not have anything down as the airline name, or callsign. This is not because there is a problem with the package.
This because I do not use the MAIW naming standard, I modify it for my purposes. So the aircraft as mentioned there can't be found on my system, therefore the program that creates the table can't find the callsign.
I installed the library specifically to get you the information you wanted.

Please do not get confused by that. The callsign and the day and time of the week will be enough to find your traffic.
Attachments
KADW.zip
(2.29 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Steve
delivio
Cadet
Cadet

call sign problem,

Post by delivio »

Steve,, thanks for the help, the schedule proved that all was correct. call signs and flights. After loading "edit voice pack" correctly. Then decoding days of week "sunday = day 0 ' using the schedule i did see several MAIW planes take off. Is there a way i can dig out the rest of schedule? Or do i have to just take it as it comes?? Thanks again, got to go to work. carl P.S. would you like a pic of a C47 that we have and fly here in St. Louis?? 22:15Z
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The schedule that I sent to you was created using a freeware tool ACA2005, which you can download from here http://aifs.pvdveen.net/download.htm.

Its a very useful multi-purpose tool. There are probably other tools out there that will do he same thing but with this one I know that you can create a schedule from only one traffic file or all of them.

I am glad your problem is sorted out.
Steve
zaccari5
Cadet
Cadet

Post by zaccari5 »

how do you get the voice pak to work with fs10?