UKMIL closes doors

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by Ford Friendly »

Firebird wrote:N.B. Once Dan finds out that you were a vice consumer you will probably find that he is your new best friend. :)
Reread what I wrote.. I was a "service provider", not a consumer.

I don't have anything else to contribute to this thread... so I am gone.
Why waste 'trons for a snappy signature when I can use this?
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

There site is Back up. But it looks like it will only be to download current stuff.

Thanks Gaffer I think that is fair move for the club members.

Mark
Mark
starlifterfan
Captain
Captain

UKMIL closing

Post by starlifterfan »

I enjoyed UKMIL for their aircraft and have had no problems with anyone or anything thats affiliated with them, I always make it a point to tell a designer,modeler,etc..etc,Thank you for a job well done, it will be a shame to see them go and I wish them all the best....When I read that MAIW might be charging(joking) (from above), I was reaching for my wallet...MAIW has class and alot of other flightsimulator forums could use this website as a guidline for forum debates and the such...anyways I thought I would throw my two cents in..or was that five dollars...lol :lol:
Stevo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Stevo »

campbeme wrote:There site is Back up. But it looks like it will only be to download current stuff.

Thanks Gaffer I think that is fair move for the club members.

Mark
I agree, the rash decision to close because of a minority was in my opinion out of order. If the Gaffer takes a look around the various websites he will see the overwhelming support he has from happy members, its a shame he take the bad things to heart and forgets about the people who do care.

Stevo ;)
Rimmer: Step up to red alert.
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

I enjoyed UKMIL for their aircraft and have had no problems with anyone or anything thats affiliated with them, I always make it a point to tell a designer,modeler,etc..etc,Thank you for a job well done, it will be a shame to see them go and I wish them all the best....When I read that MAIW might be charging(joking) (from above), I was reaching for my wallet...MAIW has class and alot of other flightsimulator forums could use this website as a guidline for forum debates and the such...anyways I thought I would throw my two cents in..or was that five dollars...lol
So true. I belong to many, many other forums for various topics but THIS one is the best in terms of respect for one another and general tone of speaking (typing). On more than one other forum I belong to it seems like every other topic is locked because of abusive behavior towards one another :shock:

Hats off to all MAIW members for pulling that off, give yourselves a pat on the back :D
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Weescotty »

Once you start charging for things you open up a whole other can of worms.

Thats why I like MAIW, we get to produce what we want, when we want.
No deadlines etc.

I took a rather extended break from modelling since the Gripen, but I am starting to get the itch again. (Yup there is something in the works).
Don't think that would have been possible for me under any payware scheme.

Yes, we do have rather a good bunch of staff and forum users.
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

but I am starting to get the itch again
WAHOOO! :D
MACC
Major
Major

Post by MACC »

John Young wrote:I too am one of the 3 scenery designers that left UKMIL yesterday. I have to say that I have rarely experienced "bitching" about my work. I don't think Stevo and Ian got much either.
The reason why you's didn't get the bitching was because you tried to the best of your ability not to rush projects, make sure everything was in the right place and make sure you did not make silly mistakes, also when you were told something wasn't quite right, you went and changed it so it was.

I feel the Gaffer made great models in the time he made them, but he rushed them and ended up making small mistakes that people ended up noticing and having to fnd fix's and to me subsequently ended up to "bitching."

I have seen alot of people saying to keep negative words to yourselves, yet i found that the Gaffer found constructive critiscm as negative words and that got to me.

Macc
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

so dus this mean that maiw are going to start to charge us form the down loads? or can we wait and they will become freeware eventually?

shame to hear about UKmil. a hope the people who abused and complained are happy. they wer an awsum team that made the fs world as relistic as you can get anywere. there work will be sadly missed.
Pops
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Pops »

This is all news to me! As a (now 'ex') UKMIL staff member, I'd have liked a little notice this was going to happen! just as well I have a day job.... :roll:
Last edited by Pops on 21 Mar 2009, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

DaleRFU wrote:So does this mean that MAIW are going to start to charge us for the downloads or can we wait and they will become freeware eventually?
Dale, not to worry, Barry is just kidding (the Voz heat is getting to him). We will never charge for our packages, to do so would lead us down the primrose path and we certainly don't want to go there. Freeware they shall remain for all to enjoy (including those of us who make the packages):wink:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by DaleRFU »

orite. cool. thanks for just confrming that 4 me. keep up the superb work lads :D :D :) :D
Last edited by DaleRFU on 22 Mar 2009, 13:46, edited 1 time in total.
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Man, even when you're not getting PAID your job could still be on the line....

Sorry, an attempt to make light of the current terrible job market lol :D
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"