MAIW_89th_AN_Update Problem

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by flynby »

Using Windows XP with SP3, AFX, and FS2004. Created new airport in AFX
v1.06. Problem: Create 2 identical parking spots for C5 with parking codes. AC#14 seen proper in FS9. AC#15-Nothing.

Please look at aircraft_qafb.txt and flightplans_qafb.txt. I know in aircraft.txt speed is incorrect. I did this because the AI B-52's work perfect. Wanted to see if C5 would land behind B-52's. But the C5 does not even show up in ToolsDataBuilder. AC#14 is 24hr. AC#15 is 4hr. What have I done wrong here? Hope attachments can be seen.
Appreciate any advice
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Hi,
You have given us quite a bit of info here on your setup so that makes things easier.
I will ignore my first question which would be where are QAFB and VVDN?

I think that I would start by asking what happens if in the flightplans you change ac#15 to ac#14, as they are the same anyway?
Also do ac#5 and ac#8 show up?
Steve
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by flynby »

Thank you for the reply.
First, VVDN is Da Nang in VietNam. The QAFB is the airport I created in Qui Nhon, VietNam.
If I change #15 to #14, the C5 "swaps" the assigned parking spots.
But the "Inbound" C5 again does not appear. Again, I changed the C5 to the same speed as the B-52 AI's. All three are flying from Da Nang to Qui Nhon.
Will try 1 more time to send attachment of TrafficDataBuilder view. Some reason, having trouble snapshot was being rejected here.
Also, hope to send attachment of parking spot for C5. Well, I will try the parking spot later. Not showing up.
Again, thanks for the reply.
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by flynby »

Try to send attachment of AFX Parking Code. Here is what I am seeing on my screen. Same thing happened with TrafficDataBuilder attachment but finally went thru.

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/content/b/a/d/badpvtdan/html/forum/files/thumbs/t_afx_parking_spot_138.jpg' for writing in /home/content/b/a/d/badpvtdan/html/forum/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php on line 212

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/content/b/a/d/badpvtdan/html/forum/files/thumbs/t_afx_parking_spot_138.jpg' for writing in /home/content/b/a/d/badpvtdan/html/forum/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php on line 212

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/b/a/d/badpvtdan/html/forum/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:212) in /home/content/b/a/d/badpvtdan/html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 504

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/b/a/d/badpvtdan/html/forum/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:212) in /home/content/b/a/d/badpvtdan/html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 506

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/b/a/d/badpvtdan/html/forum/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:212) in /home/content/b/a/d/badpvtdan/html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 507
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by flynby »

Try sending AFX Parking Code attachment again. Got It!!
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

AFAIK, the only way that "5991" would affect parking is if it was in the aircraft.cfg text file and then only maybe as that's the last AFX parking code entry.
Why waste 'trons for a snappy signature when I can use this?
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by flynby »

I "added" the 5991 and the C5AI in the aircraft.cfg. I do this to have a certain aircraft go to a designated parking spot.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

So my question is does the C-5 appear at VVDN? It doesn't your problem is that afcad.

My reasoning is that my guess is that VVDN is in the same zone as QAFB, due to the closeness time wise of the flights between the two. If that's the case, all traffic at VVDN will spawn at the same time as the traffic for QAFB. If it doesn't show at one it won't show at the other.

As the B52s show it could be something as simple as there isn't a slot big enough, and available, for the C17 at VVDN.
Steve
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by flynby »

Think I have discovered a problem. First, I forgot to say I have 4GB Ram.
After reading about the "spawn", I changed my flight plan to a different departure point. When I did, the C5 showed up in TrafficeDataBuilder!!
It looked as though it was finally going to work.

BUT-when I double clicked the C5 to view the plane, FS2004 closed down. So I tried another C5 AI. Same results.
Beginning to think I may have a memory problem. If I "do not" try to view aircraft in flight, I can watch it land. But FS 2004 "still" locks up and gives error message. Only program affected on computer.

Thanks to your help though, I might be getting closer. At least now the C5 starting to be seen.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

If you have the 32bit XP, then although you might have 4GB installed, you can't use 4Gb only 3GB.
Now I would be surprised if a memory problem caused it to crash when selecting only one aircraft. So can you confirm that it only crashes when selecting C-5s, or only when selecting C-5s at one location?
Steve
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by flynby »

Firebird, I forgot to answer a question you asked Thursday. I will say it this way-before putting this AI at Danang, all AI B-52's (6) and F-4's (20) worked flawlessly. Now, in FS2004, when I go to VVDN, it loads up for a few seconds-then locks up and the FS2004 shuts down.

I know it does not make any sense. Last night, out of frustration, I removed the extra 2GB Ram. Suddenly, the MAIW showed up in Traffic Data Builder. I double clicked the C5 and for the first time, was able to see it in flight. But-it did shut down like 11 miles from the runway.

I realize your are probably at wits end, but again I say Thank You for trying to help me and having the patience to deal with this problem. No one else has this problem so what else (beside reinstall fs2004) can I do?
Not even sure THAT would solve the problem.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well it definitely gives the indication of being a memory issue, but I must confess that it seems a bit strange that FS9 should break the MS memory management rules like that. Of course it could be a malfunctioning chip.

Now when you say the C-5 disappears 11 miles from touchdown, can I ask the difference in altitude between the two airfields?
Steve
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by flynby »

Sorry if I said "disappears". FS2004 Locked Up is what I should have said.
The altitude of vvdn (Danang) is 33. VVNT is 20 feet.

One last thing about the reply I sent this morning. In the aircraft and flightplans. txt in Ttools, I put the // on C5's, re-complied, and all the FS2004 shut downs stopped.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK, this is progress.
So the next question that I am tempted to ask is, what effects have you got your C-5 using?
Is it exactly the same that the MAIW package uses or have you modified the aircraft.cfg to use another one?
Steve
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by flynby »

I have not installed the "effects". I have not made any changes to the aircraft.cfg.

Maybe a lesson here for me. I do not install effects, ect, until I see it will work properly. Then I install rest of download.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

That's not necessarily a bad thing. Quite often a crash happens because of a non-AI effect being used on an AI plane.
So we can rule this out.

So when it crashes now, what does your Event Viewer report as the cause and the error code?
Steve
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by flynby »

Under the Application Tab, there are 2 constant errors:
1) Faulting module terrain.dll version 9.0.0.30612.
Fault address: 0x0003bfe6
2) The most common- Description for Event ID (1000) in Source (Microsoft Flight Simulator) cannot be found. Plus something in this same message about using /AUXSOURCE.

As you probably know, every shutdown causes "4 Red X Error messages"
in the application window.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

When searching I didn't find that specific error, which either means that its unique to you or nobody else reported that specific error code.

Interestingly what I did find is that whilst is that whilst XP can use 3GB, FS9 can't cope with the fact that there is more than 2GB and will abend. If it tries to use more than the 2GB limit.
This shouldn't affect you you know though as you removed the extra mem.

Normally a terrain.dll error comes up on a scenery error, and quite commonly a texture that is not dxt1 for scenery or occasionally non dxt3 for aircraft.

What I would suggest is try to and eliminate a scenery issue, by amending your scenery.cfg and disabling all the scenery that you have added to the default. If it works ok you know that its scenery and then its a case of enabling and disabling scenery in batches to narrow down the cause.
If it still crashes check the textures of the C-5s to make sure they haven't been corrupted, if they haven't then its a very serious issue that may take a lot of testing to get to the bottom of.
Steve
msm8378
Captain
Captain

Help?

Post by msm8378 »

Not sure if this lends to the discussion, but, I have an Acer Aspire 6930 with 4GB RAM installed. The laptop originally had MS VISTA on it, but I dumped that for XP HOME and SP3.

I use FS9 exclusively and am having no crashes or other problems at all. The laptop has built in graphics by Intel.

I use Ultra High for scenery and weather display...Minimal for aircraft display...and have FPS set at 25 with no anti-aliasing enabled, just render to texture. I have a ton of freeware add-on scenery and FSG Genesis USA installed.

My system runs perfectly smooth and reports 18.6 to 20.4 FPS on the ground.

So, I can only quess that FS9 having problems with more than 2GB RAM is most likely based on individual hardware conflicts and not applicable to all systems. Hope this helps a little...