New Zealand/Australian A-4 Skyhawks package *RELEASED*

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
fishlips

New Zealand/Australian A-4 Skyhawks package *RELEASED*

Post by fishlips »

For all who are interested in aircraft downunder, Nick Blacks wonderful A-4 Skyhawk now helps to fill the skies over New Zealand and Australia.

The package contains everything needed to fully activate the A-4K, Skyhawk of 75th and 2nd squadron, A-4G Skyhawk Royal Australian Navy and the Royal New Zealand Air Force Base Ohakea for Flight Simulator 2004.

Package contains Model, Textures, Scenery AFCADs and Flight Plans.

The Scenery features photo real ground textures with custom made buildings.

Many thanks go out to Steve (Firebird) of MAIW for his advice and assistance, which was invaluable to this project.

Also to Nick Black and all the guys behind the curtain for a wonderful AI aircraft in the A-4 Skyhawk.

Please enjoy,

Mark
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Well done and congrats to you and Laurie, Mark.

I hope it proves to be a very poplar download.
Steve
92rc11
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by 92rc11 »

where can i find this download :P ?
Karaya
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Karaya »

92rc11 search for nbai_skyhawk_complete_package.zip on avsim.

Mark I had a problem with all the VOZ scenery disappearing when I installed the package ( I used the afcad marked for use with VOZ). I checked out the file with AFX and the exclude had everything excluded,not just the default buildings.I have adjusted it and now the buildings are back but you may want to see if it is happening to anyone else.

And thanks for the scenery to,its great to have RAN and RNZAF A-4's flying int he sim!
92rc11
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by 92rc11 »

brilliant got it up and running good to see some fighters around new zealand again
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Someone post some screen shots in the screenshot forum when you get a chance. I'd like to see how the Scooters look in a Kiwi flavor.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Hi Karaya,

Unless your running Voz, select the non-voz afcad.
I will let Laurie know about the exclude file. It could also be the order in which you have Voz listed within the Library, this does cause problems with other sceneries at times if its not spot on as per the instructions that download with VOZ.
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

We have checked the excluded files and all seems OK, We even tested a complete reload of the installer with Voz1.8 and all worked fine.

If you experience scenery issues with Voz Nowra, please check that you have the Voz folders loaded in the correct Library order as per installation instructions that come with Voz1.8. Doing so will also correct any other Voz scenery that you may be missing out on as well.

Mark
Karaya
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Karaya »

fishlips,I am running VOZ 1.8 and it is installed as per the instructions with the scenery folders in the right order.Only thing different I think is that I had to move the addon folder in the library up so a few airfields like Baachus Marsh would show up.

I did get the Nowra scenery back by unticking some of the items in the AFX exclude file,so it works ok now.I might have a look later at putting them back and mucking the scenery order a bit to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks!
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

Great package mark! It was worth the wait!
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
The Virtual Air National Guard
Ask me how to join....
http://www.flyvang.org/
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Hi Scott,
The wait was mainly because of Avsim and the fact that Laurie did not realise that an MS office text file was not the same as the note pad text file and hence Avsim knocked back the upload. Laurie gave up on the upload and I had forgotten all about it while doing other projects.
Eventually I ask Loz about the upload and did it my self.

I can't wait for the armed model to be released as it looks fantastic from what I have seen of it and they should intergrate straight into my package by exchanging or adding the texture files and tinkering with the config and traffic files to have them appear.