Military AI in flight

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
SJCarline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by SJCarline »

Done and Done no more errors but it would seem the only airports with parked and moving aircraft are the ones that came with thier own installer, like hill and maxwell i had to use the installer from world of ai but I just got a bunch that installed themselves and they work fine
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK, well done on cleaning up.
Now give me an example of which place and package of ours you think that traffic is missing from. If there are more than one list them all and we will deal with them one at a time.
Steve
SJCarline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by SJCarline »

I never said it was missing just that I couldn't get it to work. maiw packages 1-24 i think use the installer from the world of ai site and those are the ones I can't get working, I'm starting to think its just an issue with my pc lmao. Um I got hill afb maxwell afb luke afb and a few others that just never have traffic on them. More than likely its something stupid that I did lol.
SJCarline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by SJCarline »

oops duplicate post
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK, so its old WoAI installer packages. The newer ones work fine.
OK there is a common thread there. So my guess is that we should choose one that you want to get working.

So name one and I will step aside for one of the people with FSX to step in and talk you through installing that particular package to see where the problem is.
Steve
SJCarline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by SJCarline »

hill abf just because its in utah I like flying low level flight paterns in military jets through az ut and co There's planes parked there a bunch of i think f-15's but they don't take off like ever lol. maybe some one could either teach me how to make\edit flight plans for the ai traffic or just make one and attach it and i can just slap it in a folder or something
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Erm, OK I am now confused. You said that the self-installing packages were OK and Hill is a self-installing package.

If you have F-15s there then its not Hill, unless you are only seeing visitors.
Could you attach some screenshots here so we can see the amount of aircraft that you have there and the scenery, including at least one example of tail markings.
Steve
SJCarline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by SJCarline »

lol so while waiting for my pos satalite internet to upload a screen shot of the other aircraft i went back to check it out (now like is like 10-15 mins later) the aircraft next to mine is now inhabited with a person has started its engines and now has a red tag above it and it says "lockheed f-16" so yes they work and no its not f-15's and they do take off it just takes forever lol all is well now
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK, so you have no outstanding issues at the moment. It just sounds like you expected things to be moving all the time, we don't do that. We try to make it as realistic as possible, given the limitations that we have.

It might be an idea to download and install the TrafficViewBoard, TVB, as its purpose is to allow you to watch AI aircraft, and includes a constantly updating set of flight boards so you can tell when the next aircraft depart from your location.
Steve
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

Another idea...
Decompile the appropriate traffic bgl and take a look at the flightplans.txt file to see EXACTLY when you can expect traffic at a particular base. It's likely to be the only way you'll know exactly what's going on - whether what you are seeing is a transient or a locally assigned fellow unless you know which tail numbers are assigned to that base according to the particular package you've installed and not just which tail code letters as those could be from a different traffic bgl..
SJCarline
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by SJCarline »

Well when you go from a comercial airport like o'hare/Kord and theres so much traffic it takes you 30 mins to get off the ground to a military airport and things arnt moving lol, but Something cool i did encounter using the maiw software today was while flying south east over AK in thee f-18 blue angel i ran across a 4 aircraft what looked like ladder patern type f-14's and I followed them for as long as I could it was very very cool getting so close to them and flying at high altitudes through the clouds with them. Thank you guys so much for making this software.

on a side note, are there aircraft carriers like the airports with flying and landing traffic?
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by swp53 »

Hi SJ,
As previously suggested TVB is your friend. See attached image of TVB at Hill AFB on Thursday at just after 09:00 hrs local. The action realy starts between 10:20 and 10:30 local and again after 11:00 local and thats just page 1 of 5 of whats on the ramp.
I also noted 2 Hill F-16C's at Eielson AFB ramp on Thursday just after 06:00 local.
Hope this helps,
Steve.
Attachments
TVB.jpg
(45 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Past Beta Tester
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

SJCarline wrote: on a side note, are there aircraft carriers like the airports with flying and landing traffic?
Not yet, but you never know :) .
Steve