thumbnails

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
robystar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

thumbnails

Post by robystar »

Hi all,

Rather new tio this site but enjoying your contributions. Not yet at the point where I can contribute something myself, though.
Wonder if there is some thumbnail package available for all the scenery objects used in your sceneries.
Tks,

Rob
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Hi Rob,
I don't think that we have any, is the simple answer. I think that most of our scenery libraries were built by the guys making the scenery so they already know what's in it.
I hope that makes sense :) .
Steve
robystar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by robystar »

Hi,

That is allright Steve.
I found out, finally (I am a slow learner) that you can import library objects from other sceneries using the object library manager from ADE.
Problem was that I did not know what the name of the object stood for.
But opening the MAIW BGL's with ADE you could see what the objects were like, import them into ADE and use them for self made sceneries (I am working on Kandahar airfield and after that Camp Holland in Tarin Kowt).
MCDFSXIraq has some nice scenery objects. Wonder I you could borrow them for use in MAIW sceneries.
In FS9 it was easier, but I switch back and forth between FS9 and FSX and I am now on FSX again as I find out new possibilities (and new difficulties as well) everyday in a way of speaking.
Your FS9 projects all work fine in FSX SP2, except that you have to redo the AFCADS in ADE, check the parking spot radiuses, check on cockpit transparencies, adapt some aircraft.cfg' s sometimes, etc.

Tks,

Rob