Nicks Army Air Corps Helicopters

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
JGaz-UK
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Nicks Army Air Corps Helicopters

Post by JGaz-UK »

I just installed the Army Air Corps MAIW Helicopters excellent package.
If I dare make one point re; the automatic install. :oops:
You always have the option of installing the addon scenery or not, but the install will also always put a number of files into the Addon Scenery/scenery folder, which is always active. It did cause a bit of confusion as I wanted to keep using Just Flights British Airports Boscombe/Yeovil & the new MAIW AAC Apache scenery for Wattisham/Middle Wallop which is better than JFlts. As a number of the package’s files have unfamiliar names its been a bit of a struggle!
(I.e. At Boscombe I have Apaches flying through the wind sock & flying dangerously close to buildings! :shock: )
Sorry if this sounds a bit nitpicking :oops: it is an excellent download & it would be good to be able to finish it off.
I have moved all files with a known airport code, but If there is a list of what AAC airports are where it would be great! :wink:
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

We are glad that you liked the package and thanks for the comments.

You make some interesting observations about the install and you have actually hit the nail on the head of our biggest problem, individual set ups.

Now what is obvious to me is that you like to do a bit of mix and matching, and have the knowledge to do this. This is not dissimilar to the way I work. What I do to overcome any issues is that I do a manual install by installing the package to a temporary folder and then working out what needs to be copied across and what should be left out.

The files that we put in the Addon Scenery/Scenery folder are going to be afcads or excludes and are prefixed with MAIW for the express purpose of making sure that users know where the file comes from and we do mention in the Docs about checking for duplicate afcads.
If the afcad does not a recognizable ICAO code then it is either a waypoint or a secondary runway at an airfield, i.e. for Helos.
The Docs normally carry a complete listing, but a check in the folder will reveal all of them.
In your specific case about Boscombe we install two afcads there, EGDM and E1DM. If the helos fly too close or through things its because you are using the JF scenery. We can't provide afcads for all possible variants of scenery. It may be that your solution will involve you modifying the E1DM afcad to fit your scenery or asking on the forum if anybody else has already done this.

Hopefully I have explained everything fully but I should finish by saying that your FS9 installation is a personal choice setup and we have to make packages for vanilla FS9 setups and leave any mods to the individual. You can't make packages any other way.
Steve
scottr5213
Captain
Captain

Post by scottr5213 »

This may help, when I do an install I put it into a temp folder on my desktop first that way I can put files where I want without going searching for them later. everyone out there does things different. One of the things that helps me is when I install aircraft files I combine them ( all my aircraft by type in the same folder) this helps with load time. Also by doing a manual install I put my voice pack into one folder and then install them.
JGaz-UK
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by JGaz-UK »

Thanks to Firebird & Scott for replies

Yes I do like to mix & match, as downloads vary so much in scenery .
I’ve been using JFlts British Airports for years in FS 2002/4 & although they are getting a bit long in the tooth they are still way better than default. Then some downloads have excellent (less memory hungry) scenery that’s preferable.

My problem is when choosing which to use (trial & error) FS9 takes so long to load each time it takes hours!
I was up until 3am Friday wrestling with the AAC Apache files (I’ve got to get a life!) :roll: I moved E1DM 25yds to right solved the EGDM glitch.

I usually do manual installs with other downloads, I didn’t realise you could with the MIAW install? I didn’t notice a manual choice come up????

Thanks again to MIAW keep up the good work!
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

JGaz-UK wrote:I usually do manual installs with other downloads, I didn’t realise you could with the MIAW install? I didn’t notice a manual choice come up????
There isn't. Just select a directory of your choice when it asks you where to install (it will show the FS9 path by default).
JGaz-UK wrote:Thanks again to MIAW keep up the good work!
And thanks to you for the kind words. We certainly will :wink:

Greg
JGaz-UK
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Install options

Post by JGaz-UK »

Yes & thanks. :)
I had just previously had another go & succeeded in diverting the “NAS Miramar Top Gun” download to a temp folder, which makes life a lot easer! (Just changed all the F14 to F18)

Got to say this is a very speedy Forum with answers almost instantaneously. :!:

Re AI helicopters A while back I adapted the Traffic2005 AI helicopter config/Air files to convert the “Abacus Combat Helicopters” to fly as AI, also various others, Merlins, RAF CH47,Gazell, etc. seems to work quite well & not to difficult to do.
JGaz-UK
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by JGaz-UK »

Thanks again
for the advice about maunal installs
Problem solved for people who like to mix & match Addons.
:lol:
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

No problem.
The way the installer is designed is to be kind to people with and without knowledge of what makes FS9 tick.
Steve
JGaz-UK
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Chivnor

Post by JGaz-UK »

For any one else who may mix & match

Amended afcad for Just Flights Chivenor to work with British airports EGDC prevents floating parked aircraft

Remove Justflights British airports AF2_EGCD & the MAIW_AF2_E1DC_DEFAULT then replace with new AF2_E1DC.

Edit your flight plans for new Airport.
Attachments
AF2_E1DC.bgl
(1.86 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Chivenor RMB.JPG
Chivenor RMB.JPG (137.86 KiB) Viewed 529 times
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

i find that most of the maiw scenery is better than the just flights sceneery so i just remove the airport from the just flights and use the maiw one. as i found with wattisham but i still managed to keep all the other airports i that area from just flight
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
JGaz-UK
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by JGaz-UK »

DaleRFU wrote:i find that most of the maiw scenery is better than the just flights sceneery so i just remove the airport from the just flights and use the maiw one. as i found with wattisham but i still managed to keep all the other airports i that area from just flight
I find some are & some not I just mix & match using which looks best
JGaz