Have gone to FSX

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
GrayRider
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Have gone to FSX

Post by GrayRider »

Hello all.

I just wanted to ask a couple of questions,about install's into FSX.

I used to run FS9,and had about 40 of your AI packages installed in it.So I want to ask how much more complicated is it to install your AI/Scenery packages into FSX,based on your usual install instructions that come with the packages?.My FSX is now running,but have not installed anything into it yet.
I am using the Boxed FSX Gold addition with the acceleration pack.In FS9 I didn't have issues installing your pakages etc.So when I get started I hope I won't have a lot of issues installing into FSX etc.I am new to FSX.So I want to start by installing your packages first.At the moment my FSX is bare bones.

I'm also looking for a tool I used to have in FS9.I don't remember the name of it,or who the author was.When the tool was installed,I could go to any airfield click on my addons and open up the program,which would show me all acft.on that airfield,and look at takeoff times landing times etc,to say fly with the AI etc.it was handy for me,so when I'm on a base somewhere,I could see what AI traffic is there.I think it was some kind of a traffic tool to use?
I had it in my FS9,but don't know if it will work in FSX.
It was a freeware tool of some kind.

I forgot to ask.How do I know which AI packages are for FSX or will work in either FS9 or FSX based on the readme's??.I downloaded one in Oklahoma,and the readme say's it's for FS2002 and FS2004?
I should ask.How can I identify which packages are for FSX.

Thanks for any inputs/feedback

GrayRider
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Re: Have gone to FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

We don't test or support the packages in FSX. There are LOTS of posts here and a guide that users have created to help you. Try the search function.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
GrayRider
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by GrayRider »

Where do I find the guides and posts you are referring to,or what forum topic would they be in etc?.If I use the search function,what should I be typing into it to find the FSX guides.

GrayRider
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

You can find it in the Annoucements in the Military AI Discussion Thread.

Mark
Mark
GrayRider
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by GrayRider »

I found it,and downloaded it.For me I don't have that kind of experience for sure,after reading the PDF.I think I'd need more help than it's worth.

So at this point,the only choice I'll have is to dump FSX,and go back to FS9,and start over.I did enjoy the all the AI packs here from MAIW.

Are there any future plans to build AI packages for FSX?.If there are any plans,it sounds like it will be way down the road,like a year or two etc.I wish I had the experience,but thats the way it goes.

GrayRider
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

No, I don't ever really see us going to FSX.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Grayrider,
The guide that Martin has produced is very detailed and has helped many over time so I would say give it a go. It may seem daunting at the moment, but just take it one step at at a time and you may be surprised at what you get out of it.

The short answer is that there is no simple translation from one system to the other so it has to be done manually. Martin I think does a very good job of taking you through it all.
Steve