Skrydstrup v2

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
james84

Re: Skrydstrup v2

Post by james84 »

Pemor2 wrote:
james84 wrote:
Pemor2 wrote:is there away to hide the drag chut extensions on the danish ai F-16
Yes, use the models with no drag chute!

other than that since the RDAF also have the MLU.
Also Norway, Belgium and Netherland have the MLU, but not all the aircrafts have the drag chute: Norwegian and Dutch aircrafts all have it, the Danish don't, Belgium only on twin seaters!
I noticed an interesting feature on the drag chute HTAI model: the "bird slicer" antennas on the nose!
It's a great and respectable model, but if you are familiar with the F-16 construction blocks I'd say that the non-drag chute model represents very well an F-16C Block 25, featuring Pratt & Whitney engine and "Small mouth" air intake, no vents on the fuselage (that is the early C version, with only one detail missing: the blade antenna on the base of the tail), whereas the drag chute one may well represent an MLU, as it also has the bird slicer antennas in front of the canopy... if only the base of the vertical stab was the one featured in the F-16A, that is much shorter!
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

james84 wrote:Also Norway, Belgium and Netherland have the MLU, but not all the aircrafts have the drag chute: Norwegian and Dutch aircrafts all have it, the Danish don't, Belgium only on twin seaters!
None of the Belgian F-16's are equipped with a drag chute. Our A's have the drag chute compartment, but it is used to house some parts of the Carapace ECM system. The B's don't have the compartment at all.
james84

Post by james84 »

Tirithon wrote:
james84 wrote:Also Norway, Belgium and Netherland have the MLU, but not all the aircrafts have the drag chute: Norwegian and Dutch aircrafts all have it, the Danish don't, Belgium only on twin seaters!
None of the Belgian F-16's are equipped with a drag chute. Our A's have the drag chute compartment, but it is used to house some parts of the Carapace ECM system. The B's don't have the compartment at all.
Right, I just confused single and twin seaters! I remember they were different by the time I installed the AI package available on Avsim!
Anyway, it's always an extension of the stab's base! :mrgreen:
garysted
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by garysted »

Totally agree with your thoughts about the AI F-16 Giacomo, it's a lovely 'generic' model that with a little artistic license can cover most variants, but with some of the 'mutant' CFT and podded versions appearing now it really could do with a update from the people who know how to do those sort of things! One area that really needs correcting is the various weapons loads, as none of them are really accurate for the aircraft. For example, the 'agm-65' variant uses that triple launcher, that's the one that virtually every plastic and diecast model company added to their A-10 and F-16 models because it looked 'cool' but was totally unrealistic (besides test and development aircraft I think I saw one very early photo of that configuration on a UK based 81st TFW aircraft and being local to me I asked a former USAF A-10 armourer about it recently; it was not a standard fit and just done for publicity pics). I know there's many aircraft out there that need a AI model first and probably deserve more attention, but if somebody did upgrade what is still a excellent model I would be very happy!

Gary
Military aviation photography in the UK

My photo website
james84

Post by james84 »

james84 wrote:
Tirithon wrote:
Right, I just confused single and twin seaters! I remember they were different by the time I installed the AI package available on Avsim!
Anyway, it's always an extension of the stab's base! :mrgreen:
In fact, here it is
http://www.baha.be/Webpages/Navigator/N ... f16_02.jpg
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

Gary

Unfortunately Henry T has disappeared off the scene and would appear to be non contactable. we would need the original design files to update the models and these have never been made available. We would love to get our hands on them and give them the MAIW treatment.

Cheers

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
james84

Post by james84 »

garysted wrote:Totally agree with your thoughts about the AI F-16 Giacomo, it's a lovely 'generic' model that with a little artistic license can cover most variants, but with some of the 'mutant' CFT and podded versions appearing now it really could do with a update from the people who know how to do those sort of things! One area that really needs correcting is the various weapons loads, as none of them are really accurate for the aircraft. For example, the 'agm-65' variant uses that triple launcher, that's the one that virtually every plastic and diecast model company added to their A-10 and F-16 models because it looked 'cool' but was totally unrealistic (besides test and development aircraft I think I saw one very early photo of that configuration on a UK based 81st TFW aircraft and being local to me I asked a former USAF A-10 armourer about it recently; it was not a standard fit and just done for publicity pics). I know there's many aircraft out there that need a AI model first and probably deserve more attention, but if somebody did upgrade what is still a excellent model I would be very happy!

Gary
I totally agree with you as well!
At the moment the HTAI F-16 is not that bad at all, also because it would be time consuming to correct it or making a brand new one given the countless variations of the aircraft, and not only the payloads!
Just consider that shifting from a Block 25 to a Block 32 (I think some airframes have been updated to that standard) has a good amount of small changes, such as the installation of "bird-slicers", several vents and strenghtening plates on the fuselage and other small details (learned from my unfinished Tamiya 1/48 model), besides the different payloads!
It would be quite good fun to count them all but it would be simply useless if you consider that sometimes they even vary depending on the country (i.e. Israel, UAE or Korea).
I'm just frightened to think about the number and the name of the models' folders!
foufure

Post by foufure »

garysted wrote:Image
I find these shelter a little bit to small. When you put an HTAI F-16 inside, the aircraft is juste on the wall and the roof.

I'would be better if you change the scale coefficent.
james84

Post by james84 »

foufure wrote:
garysted wrote:Image
I find these shelter a little bit to small. When you put an HTAI F-16 inside, the aircraft is juste on the wall and the roof.

I'would be better if you change the scale coefficent.
Not a bad idea, thanks for pointing it up.
bitburgeaglekeeper
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by bitburgeaglekeeper »

my bad I forgot to tell you that when I sent the file over. I actually got to work out of those bunkers wile on a deployment to Aalborg. They are very small ( I believe they were designed for F104s) and a F16 barely fits in them. (so do not make them to much bigger) buy contrast the new Phase 4 bunkers on the other side of the field the Norwegian Air Force was able to get 4 F-16s in one and we were able to get 2 F15s with room to spare.
BurnersGo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by BurnersGo »

Hi guys,

stupid question.

These sceneries are mentioned as being required :

MAIW ABO
MAIW Beaufort OK
MAIW Aircraft Shelters
MAIW Cargo
MAIW Fence Objects
MAIW French Airbases OK
MAIW Nellis OK
MAIW Osan OK

The ones marked are clear, but I'm unclear about the rest. Could anyone be so kind and push me in the right direction ?

Thanks !
Cheers

BurnersGo
james84

Post by james84 »

BurnersGo wrote:Hi guys,

stupid question.

These sceneries are mentioned as being required :

MAIW ABO
MAIW Beaufort OK
MAIW Aircraft Shelters
MAIW Cargo
MAIW Fence Objects
MAIW French Airbases OK
MAIW Nellis OK
MAIW Osan OK

The ones marked are clear, but I'm unclear about the rest. Could anyone be so kind and push me in the right direction ?

Thanks !

Hmmm... you cannot see the objects, right? Or do you want to know where to find the libraries?
Here is an answer to the 2nd question
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/filelibr ... files.html
Pemor2
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Pemor2 »

There is something green at the shelter on the grund is it possible to remove that color. :D
bitburgeaglekeeper
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by bitburgeaglekeeper »

The Green is actually the shelter door on this type of shelter the door opened by pivoting into the shelter and the aircraft would taxi out on top of it. the ones I saw were that ugly green (usually with tire marks on them.)
BurnersGo
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by BurnersGo »

james84 wrote: Hmmm... you cannot see the objects, right? Or do you want to know where to find the libraries?
Here is an answer to the 2nd question
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/filelibr ... files.html
Um, well, I was just wondering where to get those particular required files from. It seems I had nearly all installed anyway, but I wasn't sure .....

Thanks for the link !
Cheers

BurnersGo