Support archive for MAIW Packages in FSX

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Support for MAIW Packages in FSX

Post by Firebird »

I can help with FS9, but I'm not much help with FSX I am afraid.

Try downloading ACA2007_Lite from here http://aifs2.pvdveen.net/?page_id=5 and see if it shows up any issues.
Steve
tommy5402

Re: Pensacola T-1s

Post by tommy5402 »

thetford569 wrote:Hey,

I've got the USAF T-1s Part 2 package installed and I'm seeing the Jayhawks both at Vance AFB and Laughlin however I don't see any at NAS Pensacola like there are supposed to be. I am using Jim Dhahens scenery of KNPA and I've modified the AFCAD myself to add the parking spots in the correct locations for both transient aircraft and the T-1s. The transient MAIW stuff is showing up ok however the T-1s are never there. I am using a parking spot size of 10m and using the Airline Code of 479T which is what is in the aircraft.cfg file. The parking spot type is set to MIL_COMBAT just like in the cfg file. The only thing I can think of is that there are aircraft shelters in the scenery over each parking spot and I wonder if they're not parking there because of that? But I know Nellis AFB has shelters and aircraft still park there so I don't know? Thanks for any suggestions for help!

Brandon
I have the very same problem, using the supplied afcad as well.
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by zsoltfireman »

NAS Lemoore in FSX

I use the base in FSX
But unfortunately there are bushes everywhere

How do I get rid of the bushes?
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

Use either ADEX or SbuilderX to make an exclusion for it, thats what I do.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Attached below is a FSX fix to the Autogen issue of Bushes on the concrete. Please remove the file "MAIW_AF2_KNLC_Custom.bgl" from your current install and replace with the two files attached below.

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/download ... ee-removal

Mark :D
Mark
Corvette99
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Corvette99 »

campbeme wrote:Attached below is a FSX fix to the Autogen issue of Bushes on the concrete. Please remove the file "MAIW_AF2_KNLC_Custom.bgl" from your current install and replace with the two files attached below.

Thanks ! That's much better !
scott1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by scott1 »

Thnaks for the fix. Does anyone have a fix for Edwards AFB. I have the same problem with it (trees on the concrete).
Dave YVR ATC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dave YVR ATC »

Scott, do you have Acceleration? The scenery included with the acceleration package is very nice and you would therefore not use the one included for FS2004. I have modified the Acceleration KEDW afcad to include a fair bit of parking if you want it.
Windows10 Home
Intel i7 8700K at 5ghz
32gb G.Skill DDR4/3200
EVGA RTX 3080 Ti SC
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Guys I will post up here later a FSX version of the MAIW Edwards AFB AFD from the AMC packages in ADEX format to chop down the trees.

Mark
Mark
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Here is my own (not official MAIW) fix for the trees on the current KEDW AF2. Converted it to ADEX and autogen has been removed.

Add both files contained in the zip below to your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and make sure you remove the old KEDW AF2 from the West Coast AMC Package.

Attachments
KEDW_ADEX_MC_CVX.zip
(12.95 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Mark
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Mark,

Is your file based on the default FSX KEDW or on the MAIW AF2?
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

CelticWarrior wrote:Mark,

Is your file based on the default FSX KEDW or on the MAIW AF2?
With permission I converted the AF2 from the West Coast C-17 pack to ADEX and added a remove antogen poly to it.

Mark
Mark
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

campbeme wrote:With permission I converted the AF2 from the West Coast C-17 pack to ADEX and added a remove antogen poly to it.

Mark
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
scott1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by scott1 »

Campbeme thanks for the fix for edwards afb.
DeepSea-Two-One
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by DeepSea-Two-One »

FSX has two vastly different versions of KEDW.

One is the base version and Acceleration adds a completely new airport with a lot of new scenery objects and photorealistic backgrounds. It also adjusts the position of the airport slightly to match the photo backgrounds vice the official charts which were the basis for the default airport.

Which is this ADE file for?
Reggie Fields

The Story of US Navy VQ-1 PR-21 Callsign that day - DeepSea One Two Nine - http://www.willyvictor.com/History/Kore ... Korea.html

Aircraft photo - http://www.vpnavy.com/ec/vq1ec_02_17feb2002.jpg
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

DeepSea-Two-One wrote:FSX has two vastly different versions of KEDW.

One is the base version and Acceleration adds a completely new airport with a lot of new scenery objects and photorealistic backgrounds. It also adjusts the position of the airport slightly to match the photo backgrounds vice the official charts which were the basis for the default airport.

Which is this ADE file for?
Hey Reggie,

It is not specific for either, it's just the AF2 from the C-17 package converted to ADEX format with a background poly to remove the Autogen, as asked for above.

Mark
Mark
thetford569
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Pensacola T-1s

Post by thetford569 »

tommy5402 wrote:
thetford569 wrote:Hey,

I've got the USAF T-1s Part 2 package installed and I'm seeing the Jayhawks both at Vance AFB and Laughlin however I don't see any at NAS Pensacola like there are supposed to be. I am using Jim Dhahens scenery of KNPA and I've modified the AFCAD myself to add the parking spots in the correct locations for both transient aircraft and the T-1s. The transient MAIW stuff is showing up ok however the T-1s are never there. I am using a parking spot size of 10m and using the Airline Code of 479T which is what is in the aircraft.cfg file. The parking spot type is set to MIL_COMBAT just like in the cfg file. The only thing I can think of is that there are aircraft shelters in the scenery over each parking spot and I wonder if they're not parking there because of that? But I know Nellis AFB has shelters and aircraft still park there so I don't know? Thanks for any suggestions for help!

Brandon
I have the very same problem, using the supplied afcad as well.
I had a chance to play around with this some more and all along I've been thinking it was a problem with my AFCAD but it's actually a problem with the traffic file. All of the T-1s are set to show at 1% except for the Pensacola ones which are set at 100%. So the solution seems to be either to set your traffic sliders at 100% or like I did use AI Flight Planner to decompile the traffic file, change the 100% setting to 1% and then recompile the file. I finally found a Pensacola T-1 sitting on the ramp after I made this change to the traffic file. I only saw one but it might have been the wrong time of day. I guess the others were out flying!

Brandon
DaveP1991
Cadet
Cadet

Post by DaveP1991 »

Only two problems after a pretty faultless install to FSX.

For some reason following the guide available on here led to nothing working but just running the .exe files has worked fine for almost everything.

The only issue is with the NATO C-17 and NATO sentry packs, all the other European packs I have downloaded work fine out of the box. The scenery has appeared but the aircraft have not. I've tried changing the time, day of the week and all my traffic sliders are at 100%. Any reason at all and any way to fix it or is this just an FSX compatibility error?
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

This is an issue that almost all newcomers voice re: FSX. Use the search function to find the discussions on the difference between FS9 and FSX flightplans, and the effects of trying to use both in FSX.

Ron
DaveP1991
Cadet
Cadet

Post by DaveP1991 »

ronniegj wrote:This is an issue that almost all newcomers voice re: FSX. Use the search function to find the discussions on the difference between FS9 and FSX flightplans, and the effects of trying to use both in FSX.

Ron
I am aware that using FS9 and FSX flightplans together will remove everything, but I have not had that problem. All my commercial traffic is WOAI which has been unaffected by installing MAIW traffic. I have successfully installed all UK, German, Belgian and French packs with no issue except a few known texture issues (Tornado canopy and C-130 props and Mirage textures), all the traffic appears flying, on the ground, scenery has appeared and existing WOAI traffic works. I can only assume this is because the WOAI is in FS9 format.

The issue I have is that for some reason these two packs (NATO C-17 and NATO Sentrys) don't seem to have appeared. Their scenery has but the aircraft themselves have not. Installing the packs does not seem to have affected the existing traffic.