Wiesbaden AAF Scenery now on AVSIM

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: Wiesbaden AAF Scenery now on AVSIM

Post by hobby »

Just returned from a few days away.

Lasst night I extracted the standard FS9 AFCAD which is found in FS9/Scenery/World/Scenery/EURW and is AP950140.bgl. Checked that no other AFCAD for ETOU existed by using AFCAD2.21.

I only use FS9.

The supplied FS9 AI acft were installed correctly first time round without any alteration.

Uninstalled then re-installed ETOU in FS9. Checked to ensure only the FCAD supplied with JS's ETOU was present in FS9.

Scenery all OK but still no traffic can be seen or heard.

AI acft files checked to ensure all AI acft files are present.

If anyone has a working FS9 ETOU Traffic.bgl could they please post it here so that I could substitute the working traffic file for the one now in my system?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

If you only found the standard afcad for ETOU then the answer to your problem is that you haven't installed the scenery. It's not enough to just copy the folder you have to activate it in FS9, just like our MAIW scenery folders.
Steve
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

For Firebird:

I must have worded my last message somewhat ambiguously. I have installed and activated the ETOU scenery in the FS9 scenery library. Prior to re-installation of ETOU_JS.Zip in FS9 scenery library I had removed the standard FS9 ETOU AFCAD. Thus after re-installation of Weisbaden the only ETOU AFCAD was that supplied with the ETOU_JS scenery that I had downloaded from Avsim. I have the new scenery correctly installed in FS9 but still no traffic.

The one bgl that does not seem to work is the Traffic_Weisbaden.bgl dated 06/09/2011 from etou_js.zip.

All the acft in that zip have been installed correctly because if I type a flightplan for them in Traffic Tools they do appear on the etou_js scenery and perform to my typed flightplan.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

OK I think that you have cleared most things up but from what you tell me then the traffic is there.

What I mean by this is that if you are creating your own plans to use those specific aircraft, i.e. the fltsim entries, and they show up then the other traffic will show up as well.

There are 26 weekly plans in the traffic bgl although 6 won't show up as the aircraft title doesn't match the fltsim entry, 4x NBAI AH64D USAA TT show up 6x NBAI AH64D USAA LB don't. You can alter this using a tool like AIFP.

The other thing I will say is that the traffic active level for the bgl is set to 100%. If you don't have your FS9 level set to 100% then nothing will show up. Is this your problem?
Steve
hobby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hobby »

For Firebird:

You hit the nail right on the head. When I checked my Traffic Density - normally set at 100% - I found it to be set at 10%!!!! I do not know when, why or how this change occurred. Resetting to 100% allowed me to see the Weisbaden traffic.

I also found that my 'Display Resolution' had somehow, and for an unknown reason changed to 1280 x 800 x 32 from my normal setting of 1280 x 1024 x 32. This setting has now been rectified.

The ETOU_js Traffic bgl is now seen to be functioning as the scenery designer intended. On a quick 'look see' test a few minutes ago the aircraft visible on and around the main apron on a Saturday morning at 07:55:00Hrs GMT were: 3xSherpas, 2x Apache USA, 4xWhite C12 and 6xGrey C12.

Many thanks for your help.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

From the stickie "Please read before asking a support question":
MIKE JG wrote:AI Traffic % Slider not set high enough-WE CANNOT STRESS THIS ONE ENOUGH TIMES!! Please double check your traffic slider %. Weird things happen and the slider % can change without your knowledge.
I guess we really can't stress it enough times. :wink:
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Can't beat a good RTFF :roll:
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
flyerkg
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by flyerkg »

The only true concern I have with this scenery is that the runway contained in the AFCAD file and the runway appearing in photoreal scenery are mirroring each other, i.e one is facing left when looking down and the other is facing right. Otherwise it looks fine.