Phlock of Phreaking Phantoms Phorever

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Phlock of Phreaking Phantoms Phorever

Post by Firebird »

Derek,
There has been no nmai_f4m_raf_traffic_2 released nor has there been any v2 released. Mike released v2 of other models as he brought them into line with features and standards that he applied to his K/M releases.

If there is some particular schemes that you are looking for then they will be on Martin's list.
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

Sorry Derek, I did not understood that you were asking for a version 2. I shouldn't sneak in from work, concentration is not what it should be :oops:
Cheers,
Martin
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by Delboy99 »

Thanks Martin and Steve

I was looking for Mikes version of the later RAF F-4M Phantom FGR 2, Grey with the RWR heads fitted to the fin. It was mentioned in a post earlier in this thread. The only ones I could find were the earlier version in the Green/Grey camo. Maybe it didn't get released. No big deal, there are plenty of other Phantom repaints out there.

Thanks for your AI reference, I have used it several times and its really good.

Cheers
Derek
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Derek,
The later models with grey were included in that pack you mentioned. I have just checked and there is at least half grey versions if not slightly more.
Steve
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Has anybody done any full-squadron repaints of any of the RAF aircraft? Just checking, nothing better to do today, I am doing an MLU of my big Alienware desktop, new GPU, restore to factory settings (the best antivirus in the world, lol). I plan to at least have the design and paint ability back up tonight.

I stopped the work at doing paints for the Israeli export Mirage IV. I'm not trying to get too out of hand with the virtual project, but the IDF variant will have metal, brown-tan Vatour-style camo, and the three-color sand camo. I am using 110 Tayaset as the squadron, as they operated Vatours up through the 1973 War. I should be able to post some screenshots later tonight.
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

I have done 56 Sqn (M) and 74 Sqn (J) for Wattisham;

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DL ... CatID=root

I appreciate that you had already released the 74 Sqn J's, I just did some work on the roundels, squadron markings and stencils.

the others are on the loooooong to-do list :roll:
delta_lima
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by delta_lima »

Looking phorward to the Phantoms.

Just saw the RF is planned. My overall global happiness index has reached a new high point ... 8)

The FGRs too, will be lovely for the RAF bases. Haven't installed the FG.1s yet - but the shots posted in the screenshot thread make me itch to put them into the harness...

Thanks again, Mike!

DL
Quaere verum - Seek truth
Delboy99
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by Delboy99 »

Thanks everyone. I found the file I was looking for, don't know how I missed them first time. Guess that's whay happens when you try to do this stuff late at night. 43 Sqn painted, now to start working through the rest of the squadrons.

Cheers
Derek
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

There is going to be another installment of this project coming very soon, probably by the end of the month, all-new modded model, new country, etc..... more to follow...... 8)
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Here is the future for this project. These are all-new models, brought up to the standard I did for the early Phantom projects. This is a two-pack of very early F-4E/RF-4E with no-slat wings and no slime lights. Additionally, the F-4E has the stubby/tapered early gun port versus the elongated one brought in later. This was prompted by doing static models for the Beersheeba/Hatzerim package this week, and just bumped these up a little bit on the time table. I have some alternative LOD configurations in beta-test right now, and then I can start cranking these package out along with Starfighters, Ginas, and perhaps another new model later this month.

:smt004
nmai_f4ev2_2pack copy.jpg
akrite
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by akrite »

Hi Mike,

do you have a timeline for this project , especially F-4F / RF-4E ? I'm asking, because the Phantom has sadly left the german service and I'm planning a virtual Phantom Museum , maybe located in Leck(ex. ETNL)
Attachments
81EDXK-AFCAD.jpg
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

As long as they don't try to repeat the success from 150 years ago, I'm all for having near the border with Denmark :lol:

Oh, and I just realised Google Earth uses the old Danish placenames for that area. Was wondering why the nearby town was called Læk (litterally "Leak") 8)
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

I kind of got sidetracked with the Century Series and the Russian stuff I have been working on. I will try to get some stuff out in the next couple of months for the RF-4C and early F-4Es. For an F-4F and RF-4E, I am not re-inventing Nick's work too much, but I can certainly put those into the re-tooled Phantom project.

akrite
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by akrite »

mikeblaze wrote: For an F-4F and RF-4E, I am not re-inventing Nick's work too much, but I can certainly put those into the re-tooled Phantom project.
Great , is there any paintkit out there for the german Phantoms, because there are many coloful texture to paint, especially for the PhlyOuts ?
Sluffer77
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Sluffer77 »

Ray Parker has done some

http://rayparker-repaints.jimdo.com/downloads-2/

Has the 37+01 1st In Las Out Wittmundhafen Phantom and the WTD61 38+13 Black and Chequerboard Phantom

Also look on his Downloads 1 page

For the other special Luftwaffe Phantom paint schemes

Gaz
A sense of humour must be maintained at all times.

Gaz
Chrisb
Major
Major

Post by Chrisb »

Mike, Mike,

It's us. The old F-4 Phantom. Remember us.

You were going to improve us just like you did to our brothers, the F-4B/C/DJ/K/M/N & S before you went astray with those even older Century series.

Please give us a thought for old times sake before you go to the Dark side.

from,

F4E, F-4F and F-4G.

(oh alright it was me, Chris)
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

After 'way too much time, here is the first two packages of the long-nose Phantoms, brought up to the v2 standard of my early Phantom series....

RF-4B USMC, 6 models and 26 repaints for VMCJ-1/2/3 and VMFP-3, lots of variant schemes here (Uncle Sam's Misguided Children with a paint brush, lol)

RF-4C USAF/ANG, 10 models and 80 repaints, representing the entire career of the RF-4C with the USAF.

The export recce units will be forthcoming, and I am finalizing models for the F-4E/F/G this week, then the start of massive painting for those. I hope to have them all out by Christmas.

Lastly, I will go back and strip that second ladder off of the F-4C/D USAF models, it will be just a small model update.

I have a couple of other little surprises I am trying to get out by New Years, but that is for another thread......

These Phantom packages are uploaded to AVSIM (about 30 min ago).

Attachments
nmai_rf4b_traffic_usmc.jpg
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

... And the RF-4C's... :smt004
Attachments
nmai_rf4c_traffic_usaf.jpg
nmai_rf4c_traffic_usaf2.jpg
Don H
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Don H »

Thanks big time for these, Mike.

Avsim has them in the new listings now, but they won't download, yet. Will try again later.

Looking forward to the other updates also.

Again, thanks Mike.
Don H
SeanG
Captain
Captain

Post by SeanG »

Thanks Mike... I'm off to recon heaven now ;-)

SeanG