gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: AI Aircraft Editor - planned update

Post by gsnde »

Please check version 1.6.15 here. The Firebird Release

Changes:
added: menu settings --> 'Configure Data Grid Columns' allows you to define which columns you want to see in the main windows data grid. Hope this compensates for the resizing disaster, Steve :smt002
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Testing is never a disaster, it is testing. Not testing can always be a disaster.
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Joecoastie wrote:... I have noticed also the validation report only reports that the Texture format lists only "*.dds". In this folder there are a mixture of .dds and .bmp, the majority being .bmp. I don't know if this is a "no-no"....
Joe,

regarding the texture format: I have a request to implement an analysis of the model to check whether all textures are available. As soon as I have done that I will be able to say something more relevant in the report. Until then I just look if there are BMP or DDS files, and report the first I see. Very crude, admittedly, but the reporting item slipped through before time and I did not want to turn it of again.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Firebird wrote:Testing is never a disaster, it is testing. Not testing can always be a disaster.

No, testing is what it is all about when you introduce something new. I know for sure for Service Organizations and IT, but I can't imagine things being different in other areas. But AIAE's resizing functionality still is a disaster :smt001
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Please check version 1.6.16 here.

Changes:
added: tooltip handling to new data grid option dialog
Cheers,
Martin
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

Martin;

After more extensive testing :shock: I found out that I had two zip files of the texture for the FAIB aircraft. The zipped files had, for some reason, slightly different names. Inside the zip files both were identical with one exception. One [fltsim.x] file had four or five non-printing characters in front of the [. With a regular text editor they do not appear. I found them using a word processing program with the paragraph symbol turned on. There may have been the same in the texture file. I must have used the texture from one and the [fltsim.x] from the other or vice-versa. After installing the non-corrupt files all is well !

Evidently the non-printing characters some how hide the following characters until a correct character shows up. When using FS Repaint to check the texture the non-printing characters also cause the textures not to show up.

Again thanks for AIAE . . . . back to reinstalling my AI.

Joe
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Martin,
Just tried 1.6.16 and I found one thing strange. It lost all memory of the data grid preferences. I went back to 1.6.15 and retried and upgraded again, sure enough those preferences were lost but the analyze options remained. Where do you store these options, as there is no config file that I can see?

The grid works well but I did find a glitch on occassion when I was double clicking on a column to autosize it. A couple of times what happened was instead of autosizing a small blank column appeared, once two appeared. I am thinking that somehow I autosized two of the columns that I had set not to appear, only logical conclusion, so rather than try to solve that issue how about autosizing the columns to show their full data.

Whether you have that by default or build it as an option I leave to you.

ADDITION:
Just noticed that grid option is not saved at the end of a session either.
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Please check version 1.6.17 here.

Changes:
added: AC configuration status panel in the status bar. Possible options: "AC Status: n/a" (gray) if not aircraft folder, "AC Status: OK" (green) or "AC Status: NOK" (red). This basic check only analysis section and title uniqueness and model file availability. Double-clicking on the panel starts "Validate aircraft" - a shortcut to the menu.
added: when you edit a section way down in the data grid, you don't have to scroll back to it after you have saved a change
removed: All error message boxes that popped up when you select an aircraft folder with errors. We don't want them when we run "Validate all aircraft" and I like the red/green status panel better.
fixed: several small unreported bugs here and there
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Firebird wrote:Martin,
Just tried 1.6.16 and I found one thing strange. It lost all memory of the data grid preferences. I went back to 1.6.15 and retried and upgraded again, sure enough those preferences were lost but the analyze options remained. Where do you store these options, as there is no config file that I can see?

The grid works well but I did find a glitch on occassion when I was double clicking on a column to autosize it. A couple of times what happened was instead of autosizing a small blank column appeared, once two appeared. I am thinking that somehow I autosized two of the columns that I had set not to appear, only logical conclusion, so rather than try to solve that issue how about autosizing the columns to show their full data.

Whether you have that by default or build it as an option I leave to you.

ADDITION:
Just noticed that grid option is not saved at the end of a session either.

A strange one, Steve. Please try again with the new version. There was a difference when saving the settings depending if I was in the VB IDE and if I was running the compiled executable. Settings are saved in the User Registry Hive, by the way.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Please check version 1.6.18 here.

Changes:
fixed: bug that made it impossible to hide the texture column in the grid
changed: different value handling when saving grid and analyze options
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Martin,
1.6.18 now keeps the grid columns hidden that you wish too. You still can get a small column if you double click on the separator to autoresize a column, IF you have hidden a column to the right of the one that you are trying to resize.

Apart from that no additional problems found yet.
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Firebird wrote:Martin,
1.6.18 now keeps the grid columns hidden that you wish too. You still can get a small column if you double click on the separator to autoresize a column, IF you have hidden a column to the right of the one that you are trying to resize.

Apart from that no additional problems found yet.
Great :smt001

I fear there is little that I can do against the observation you have made when it comes to double-clicking. Maybe I can offer an autosize button, that avoids this problem.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Please check version 1.6.19 here.

Changes:
fixed: bug in texture reporting that was saying okay when the texture folder was found, even when empty
added: form for Validate all (not doing a real analysis yet, but still giving a good impression how it will look)
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Please check version 1.6.20 here.

Changes:
added: added "Validate all aircraft below...". To operate, select a non-aircraft folder with aircraft folders below and start via menu 'tools'
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Please check version 1.6.21 here.

Changes:
added: error handling for validate all plus feedback for inappropriate folders.
fixed: in internal editor the copy & cut command was not working
added: in internal editor Ctrl-A will mark the whole text

Known bugs: Validation can not deal with aliased models and textures. I will slowly and carefully add this support without breaking things... :smt002
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Please check version 1.6.22 here.

Changes:
fixed: the internal editor was only able to display texts up to a certain length. the textbox control was replaced with a rich text control to overcome this.

Known bugs: Validation can not deal with aliased models and textures.
Cheers,
Martin
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

Martin;

With the latest release .22 I get this warning upon clicking FSX for validation.

"Run time error '339';
Component 'richtx32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly

Every thing was going good til I switched from .16 or .17 (can't keep up ! :lol: )

Joe
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Please check version 1.6.23 here.

Changes:
fixed: Validation can now deal with one layer of aliased models and textures
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Yes Joe, that will be taken care of by the installer in the real version. For now please save this OCX file to your Windows\System32 folder.
Cheers,
Martin
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

Okay! Will do, thanks.