Langley AFB package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Question On Langley_AFB

Post by flynby »

Downloaded and installed yesterday. Are the afterburners on the F-15
suppose too be seen on takeoff??
Is there another file I might need to get in order to achieve this effect?
Thank you
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by reconmercs »

Tonight we have released an updated stand-alone version of this package, it does NOT need the first version. Be sure do DELETE the older install of this version before trying to install this one.

direct link:
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=134970
maverick69
Major
Major

Post by maverick69 »

reconmercs wrote:Be sure do DELETE the older install of this version before trying to install this one.
Are they?
MAIW_AIA_B752_Langley AFB
MAIW_HTAI_C-21A Langley AFB
MAIW_NBAI_F15C_Eagle Langley AFB
MAIW_NBAI_F15D_Eagle Langley AFB
MAIW_NBAI_F22_Raptor Langley AFB
in Aircraft folder

and

Traffic_MAIW_LangleyAFB.bgl
in the scenery folder
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Mav,
They are the main components, but there maybe other things such as afcads as well. If you are in any doubt I would suggest downloading the original and having a look as to what is included.

I seem to remember that it also came with an uninstaller menu item, although if like me you do a manual install then that's invalid.
Steve
BLACKCAT
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by BLACKCAT »

Could I ask why the need to remove all before? Are there any updated models or FDEs?

Disregard all after.........didn't read the packet. Doh!
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

On the NASA 757....Why wasn't the AIG model used? MAIW don't have permission to use that model?
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Joseph29 wrote:On the NASA 757....Why wasn't the AIG model used? MAIW don't have permission to use that model?
we just decided to go with the original model in the first release
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

reconmercs wrote:
Joseph29 wrote:On the NASA 757....Why wasn't the AIG model used? MAIW don't have permission to use that model?
we just decided to go with the original model in the first release
Oh ok :)

I hope in the future someone paint the NASA plane on the AIG model. I have been replacing my AIA 757 models with the AIG model and the NASA plane is one I haven't replaced yet.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Firebird wrote: I seem to remember that it also came with an uninstaller menu item, although if like me you do a manual install then that's invalid.
There is, but when I clicked on it to uninstall, the question box popped up asking if I would like to uninstall the USCG E. City package.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Yea don't do that, something got jacked up with that uninstall option for some of those packages. Not sure why it would do that, but the packages coming out now, no longer have an unistaller option.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Firebird wrote:

I seem to remember that it also came with an uninstaller menu item, although if like me you do a manual install then that's invalid.

There is, but when I clicked on it to uninstall, the question box popped up asking if I would like to uninstall the USCG E. City package.
Yea don't do that, something got jacked up with that uninstall option for some of those packages. Not sure why it would do that, but the packages coming out now, no longer have an unistaller option.

Yea I found that out with the Luke package, but apparently it's in every pack after Luke. Good, thought I was the only one having difficulty :D

I wound up uninstalling the CG Elizabeth pack so that I could use the original Langley's uninstall, but I'm not sure it worked correctly. Just a suggestion, but in the readme for the new Langley package you should have a list of files that need to be deleted since there is an obvious uninstaller issue. I'm still not sure if I deleted the old Langley succesfully :?
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Jumpshot724 wrote:Yea I found that out with the Luke package, but apparently it's in every pack after Luke.
Joe starting with these two new packages, there should no longer be an issue with an unistaller option. Double check for me, but there should not be uninstallers for Langley V2 or Corpus Christi.
Jumpshot724 wrote:Just a suggestion, but in the readme for the new Langley package you should have a list of files that need to be deleted since there is an obvious uninstaller issue. I'm still not sure if I deleted the old Langley succesfully.
Yea we probably could have done that, but we'll never be perfect. Sorry. And certainly with our current levels of staffing, these things will get overlooked from time to time.
-Mike G.

Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Jumpshot724 wrote:
Yea I found that out with the Luke package, but apparently it's in every pack after Luke.

Joe starting with these two new packages, there should no longer be an issue with an unistaller option. Double check for me, but there should not be uninstallers for Langley V2 or Corpus Christi.

Jumpshot724 wrote:
Just a suggestion, but in the readme for the new Langley package you should have a list of files that need to be deleted since there is an obvious uninstaller issue. I'm still not sure if I deleted the old Langley succesfully.

Yea we probably could have done that, but we'll never be perfect. Sorry. And certainly with our current levels of staffing, these things will get overlooked from time to time.

Correct, I see no new installers. I know nobody's perfect, especially since this is all done in free time for no pay lol. Just a suggestion for future packs/releases. If you guys could post the necessary Langley files that need to be deleted to that package support thread that would be good enough lol :D
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Yea we can do that, I would do it myself, but I already deleted them and the old version has already been removed from AVSIM, LOL........

Martin, "gsnde" is pretty good about keeping track of our files, he'd probably have the answers.

Basically you're looking for the old Langley afcad, KLFI, the old models, NBAI F-15C Langley, NBAI F-15D Langley, NBAI F-22 Langley, HTAI C-21 Langley, AIA C-20 Langley and the old traffic file which should be something like "Traffic_MAIW_Langley AFB".
-Mike G.

petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

For those who are not sure which files to delete prior to installing the new Langley AFB package

Original MAIW Langley AFB package files:

Addon Scenery\Scenery
Remove following files
MAIW_AF2_0SSC.bgl
MAIW_AF2_1LFI.bgl
MAIW_AF2_KLFI_DEFAULT_RM.bgl

Aircraft\MAIW_AIA_B752_Langley AFB
Remove folder

Aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_C-21A Langley AFB
Remove folder

Aircraft\MAIW_NBAI_F15C_Eagle Langley AFB
Remove folder

Aircraft\MAIW_NBAI_F15D_EAGLE Langley AFB
Remove folder

Aircraft\MAIW_NBAI_F22_Raptor Langley AFB
Remove folder

Effects
All files can be left in situ as they are all used by other MAIW packages

Military AI Works\USA\USAF\Langley AFB
Remove folder

Scenery\World\Scenery
Remove following file:
Traffic_MAIW_LangleyAFB.bgl

Texture
The only texture installed by this package is refl_texture.bmp
I believe this file is also used by other MAIW packages and so may be retained.

Hope this helps
Regards

Pete
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Follow-up to my previous post

Not sure if file "MAIW_AF2_0SSC.bgl" is used by any other MAIW Traffic files and so should probably be left in the addon Scenery\Scenery folder.

RGDS

Pete :idea:
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Thanks for listing those Pete.
-Mike G.

eli
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by eli »

I'm a pack rat so all I had to do was install the original Langley to a folder on my desktop to see what files I needed to get rid of.
simmy1119
Cadet
Cadet

Post by simmy1119 »

Avsim link is down. Dont know if you guys can o anything about it, but I havent been able to access it all day.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Working for me at 2319 EST.
-Mike G.