MAIW JAI P-3 Orion Family Conversion Support

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Conversion Packages for FSX and P3D in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: MAIW JAI P-3 Orion Family Conversion Support

Post by Joseph29 »

Victory103 wrote: 17 Sep 2023, 02:18 Just confirmed in my P3Dv5.3 install and not sure how I've missed it over the years, it's the following:
"no_weapons_pylons"
EP-3
P-3B
P-3_AEW
CP-140
It's also the P-3C "no_weapons_pylons" model.
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

Victory103 wrote: 17 Sep 2023, 02:18 Just confirmed in my P3Dv5.3 install and not sure how I've missed it over the years, it's the following:
"no_weapons_pylons"
EP-3
P-3B
P-3_AEW
CP-140
I haven't looked at these in a while but let me check. It is possible I messed up the animations on those specific models.

Gavin
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

"no_weapons_pylons"
EP-3
P-3B
P-3_AEW
CP-140
Hi,
Just checked the package I have archived on my HDD and there is no "no_weapons_pylons" models for the variants you have specified, so not sure exactly what you are referring to.

I have the CP-140 and P-3s installed in P3D 5.3 on my system and haven't noticed the issues you seem to see.
pslinger
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by pslinger »

Just looked through the maiw_jai_lockheed_p-3_orion_family_fsx_pack-1_v.1.2.zip file I have and in the MAIW JAI Lockheed P-3C Orion (FSX) folder I find a model folder model.no_weapon_pylons. That is the only version that contains the model.no_weapon_pylons file/model. I hope I'm interpreting the basic question correctly and not confusing the things.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Gavin,
That was the P-3C "no_weapons_pylons" that Joseph29 reported. I will go back check my converted P-3 versions.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Hi Guys

Win11
P3Dv4.5

Have had a look at the P3 problem reported and on my system I have noted the following:

P3C with model "no_weapon_pylons" nosegear always points forwart with no apparent nosewheel steering.

P3B with default model nosegear appears to try and steer but at 90 degrees angle from correct position

P3B_AEW with default model same as the P3B model.

These flights were observed at KVQQ using "Traffic_USCBP_P3s_Cecil_KVQQ.bgl" & "Traffic_MIL_USN_P3s_P8s_Florida_JYAI.bgl"

Am now going to see if I can dig out the original conversion files and re-install just in case I messed up or something
has been corrupted.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

After re-installing models using "maiw_jai_lockheed_p-3_orion_family_fsx_pack-1_v.1.2.zip"

CP-140 working correctly

P3B with default model nosegear appears to try and steer but at 90 degrees angle from correct position

EP-3E\P3C\P3B_AEW also same as P3B

Believe the previous P3C model was from an earlier version of conversion.
Pete B
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

Thanks for the clarification guys.

I am up to my neck in builders at the moment but will try to fix the errant models over the next few weeks.

Gavin
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

Ok, I took a quick look at the EP-3E and I think I know what happened. I fat fingered a couple of values so the nose gear is out of whack.

I tried this model very briefly in P3DV4 and it looked good. If someone can test it in V5 for me and confirm it works I will try to fix the other models and upload a replacement package.

thanks
Gavin
Attachments
jai_ep-3e fsx.zip
(113.54 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

gavinc wrote: 19 Sep 2023, 22:34 Ok, I took a quick look at the EP-3E and I think I know what happened. I fat fingered a couple of values so the nose gear is out of whack.

I tried this model very briefly in P3DV4 and it looked good. If someone can test it in V5 for me and confirm it works I will try to fix the other models and upload a replacement package.

thanks
Gavin
I installed it in v5.4, but I haven't been able to see it in the sim because I don't have any scenery of AFCAD's for the home base or places they go. And just about all of them have no parking spaces for AI.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I will check after lunch

Send from mobile hence short
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Joseph29 wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 10:10
gavinc wrote: 19 Sep 2023, 22:34 Ok, I took a quick look at the EP-3E and I think I know what happened. I fat fingered a couple of values so the nose gear is out of whack.

thanks
Gavin
I installed it in v5.4, but I haven't been able to see it in the sim because I don't have any scenery of AFCAD's for the home base or places they go. And just about all of them have no parking spaces for AI.
This is a test. Just replace add the model folder to the one that you are having a problem with. If there is a folder with the same name already then rename that first to a safe name.
Then alter your problem fltsim entry to pick up the test model.

It is not hard to do. Whether it works or not you can simply backout your changes and wait for definitive release(s) that fit your structure.

You found an issue. You reported it. Somebody has produced a potential fix but you are not willing to alter your structure to test it!?
Steve
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Just checked it on my system P3Dv4.5 and the EP3e model works fine with a correctly turning nosewheel.
Many thanks Gavin
Pete B
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

The EP-3 planes are good in P3D v5.4 with the fix.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Confirmed as well.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

Thanks folks,

I'll update the rest of the models this weekend and send the package to the library.

Gavin
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Send them to me, Gavin. I will re-release the package, that makes it easier for new users.

Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

gsnde wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 20:41 Send them to me, Gavin. I will re-release the package, that makes it easier for new users.

Will do Martin
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Version 1.3 is live. Aside from the fixed animation the P3 Firebomber has been added.
Cheers,
Martin