The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Cannot get model viewer to work in AI aicraft editor

Essential flight simulator tools, by Martin Gossmann
http://www.owlsnest.eu
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Cannot get model viewer to work in AI aicraft editor

Post by Firebird »

I think that a lot of these sort of problems could be down to where you install the program.
Ever since Windows 7 there have a been a lot of issues if you install FS and its many utilities in the default MS protected install location of 'C:\Program Files (x86)' or 'C:\Program Files'.

There are ways around this but it inevitably means reducing or switching off your UAC settings.

The only sure way to avoid these issues, with any FS proggie, seems to be NOT to install in the default location nor any of the other utilities that you may want to amend things with.

This particular issue seems to have been caused by a utility in a protected folder trying to access/update data in another protected folder. I don't know whether Brian's P3D is installed in the default location but I wouldn't bet against it.

It is such a well known thing but people do still use the default installation folder. I really would recommend against doing that, for FS stuff at least.
Steve
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Trevytt2004 »

quick update...
now crashes with
Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'TreeView'.

pressed send crash report so hopefully youll see
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I have received a report. It would be helpful to have the mail address for the next one. It is way easier for me to talk to ask questions then.

Does this happen with all aircraft or only specific ones?

And can you please describe the exact steps you take which leads to the crash?
Cheers,
Martin
First Lieutenant

Post by Trevytt2004 »

Martin...sent you a message...but it seems to happen with any aircraft...id do into one..say johns A-10...choose model viewer...model appears without any issues a couple of seconds later...click the animation tab to see what moves etc...then say I feel to look at another aircraft...instead of stopping animation or clicking on flightsim x section...so I stay in model viewer....I select another aircraft from the left menu....you see the tabs all change to reflect the new aircraft...but the model viewer stays on the A-10 but the control panel to stop animations is now greyed out and then the prog locks.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Many thanks. I will try to replicate this and give you feedback.
Cheers,
Martin