The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...

Post by TimC340 »

This is quite interesting:

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Yes, I just saw it and was about to post it.

Very interesting. It was interesting listening about the flight modelling aspect. In essence, the aircraft at the moment will work but will not have the new expanded aerodynamic parms but these can be updated piecemeal or overhauled completely on a plane by plane basis.

There is nothing about the AI side of things, just a mention about real time traffic.

*UPDATE*
Forgot to say that in the video they mention that the Ford 4-AT Trimotor has been released. It is payware but due to the announcement at the FS Expo it is free for the next 7 days. I can confirm that this is true as I just downloaded it.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

It does sound like making aircraft will be both easier and capable of far more aerodynamic detail. Also that the visual world will be significantly improved. Live ship traffic sounds like they're going to stamp all over KL791's feet, unless they've made him an offer for his product. The 'living world' stuff sounds good too, and I like that they are going to present various 'career' options that give a little bit more purpose to playing the game.

They also explicitly said that the 10-year plan for FS20 is alive and well, and it will continue to get updates. I presume they will be to areas that are common to both FS20 and FS24. We'll see how that goes, but I think there's still quite a lot to come before FS24 shows up.

Sadly, AI wasn't mentioned beyond live traffic; it seems they are determined to provide a world that mimics reality rather one where you can construct your own scenarios in detail, as we can with the older-generation sims.
flyboy
Major
Major
Version: MSFS

Post by flyboy »

I have had a great experience with FS2020. I got the Premium Deluxe version when it first came out and have had only one CTD since then. I got all the updates installed, plus about 30 marketplace add-ons. I do not use the Community folder for anything.

I have been using Aerosoft Simple Traffic for my commercial traffic (it uses the default models). I also have bizjets, Regional jets and GA traffic. I am looking at Just Flight FS traffic to expand it. They just did a major update for it.

One thing l be curious if FS2024 will allow injected AI as FS2020 has. I feel the biggest problem with AI in FS2020 is airport design and not enough parking spaces for anything.

Sent from my motorola edge (2021) using Tapatalk

Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the way!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

That they didn't mention specifically. They didn't say that it wouldn't allow it but they specifically mentioned the real time traffic module update.
The thing with that is IF it is all encompassing, as they have said in the past that it would be, then it would be difficult to see how they would co-exist. If they did you would have duplicate flights. So do you switch off the add-on you paid for or the built-in default system.

I use FSLTL myself but the same thing applies. We just have to see what develops.

My optimism about AI is in part built on what they promise for the new game, the real time traffic. For it to function well then you are going to have to have in place an AI system that functions well. The question is how open the system will be or whether you have to use the Community folder for add-on traffic.
Steve
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Just a brief update on the future of the 2020 version.
The latest wishlist, dated Jun 8, contains only 7 items. Two are allegedly fixed in the AAU2 update out last week. Four are targeted for SU13 in August and one for WU14.

So development for 2020 has effectively stopped. There are a lot of reported bugs still outstanding but how many can't/won't be fixed for 2020 is up for debate.
Steve
flyboy
Major
Major
Version: MSFS

Post by flyboy »

I purchased Just Flight FS Traffic last week and I have been impressed with the level of traffic I am seeing. Did a flight from KLGA to KATL and was number nine for departure. The AI was well behaved from what I observed. Also added a program from the Marketplace called Traffic In Sight which added traffic (drones, balloons, helicopters) below 6000 feet so you have to watch out for others.

Far as scenery goes Lakenheath is really nice. Now if we finally get military AI working......

Sent from my motorola edge (2021) using Tapatalk

Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the way!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Not strictly about MSFS, but does anybody else think that the new layout to Flightsim.to is frickin' gopping?

One of the nice things about the old layout was that you could select activity and it would have the date and time of the upload beneath each upload and they were in the order of newest to oldest.

The new layout seems to be the same order but does not include the upload timestamp plus the upload preview picks are not uniform. It makes for a bloomin' mess visually.
Steve
Jobza Guddun
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Jobza Guddun »

Yep, completely agree. I really don't get along with it. I can use it, just don't like it.