MCBH Kaneohe Bay by MAIW Versions 1 and 2 only

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Weekend check ride.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
blazerk5
Cadet
Cadet

Post by blazerk5 »

I notice that the two other exclude files have a new .bgl file to replace the excluded items.
Kaneohe_Default_Poly_Exclude.VTPL.BGL does not. Am I missing a new VTPL file? What is this exclude excluding?
Tim
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

I would imagine it is excluding landclass of some sort, I'm not sure though. I'll see if I can get the scenery creator, John Stinstrom to pop in and see if he can give you a definite answer.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Keith Jones
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by Keith Jones »

Just to let you know that my installation of K-Bay went straight in and is working with no problems at all :D

Where ever you go, there you are.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Keith, nice job.
Before anybody asks, taking into account previous pics on this thread, could you explain to others how you have managed to get the land to match with your UT.
Thanks.
Steve
JohnStinstrom
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by JohnStinstrom »

blazerk5 wrote:I notice that the two other exclude files have a new .bgl file to replace the excluded items.
Kaneohe_Default_Poly_Exclude.VTPL.BGL does not. Am I missing a new VTPL file? What is this exclude excluding?
Tim
Hi guys, sorry I missed the forum. Yes the Kaneohe_Default_Poly_Exclude.VTPL.BGL is to remove the FS9 Default Airport Poly (grass) so we could draw in a new grass area to match the proper AFCAD.

These sceneries ARE made for the default FS9 system. Ultimate Scenery or MegaScenery or any other addon may produce unexpected results. Usually they are not too noticable as the scenery coverage area is all inland. When working with new shorelines as I did here the landclass and similar type files can become confused in their drawing order.

Many of these occurances can be fixed by adjusting the scenery order in your scenery.cfg file. I am very sorry for the inconvenience and am grateful that you took the time to post the problems here where everyone (including me) can benefit from your experience.
starlifterfan
Captain
Captain

Kaneohe

Post by starlifterfan »

Was going to install this package but decided to wait,after reading some of the issues here in the forum,so after waiting I did install the newer(revamped) package and all is a go.No problems to report here,great scenery,great aircraft, no bugs.....Great job to all that took their time in creating this package ...Thank you!!!!!
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Well we certainly strive for every package to be perfect. That's not always going to happen. But one thing we will always do is to offer corrections to the packages if they are warranted.
-Mike G.

blazerk5
Cadet
Cadet

Post by blazerk5 »

"Many of these occurances can be fixed by adjusting the scenery order in your scenery.cfg file. I am very sorry for the inconvenience and am grateful that you took the time to post the problems here where everyone (including me) can benefit from your experience."
No need to be sorry. I am very thankful that you guys are out there making FS9 so great.
I have no idea why this one file isn't working. It is not a show stopper by any means as the scenery looks great without it. I will keep trying to resolve this issue and if a solution is found I will report back.

Tim
DaveB at EGCC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by DaveB at EGCC »

Just installed this package, and having major problems.

If I try to start at K.bay, it crashes the sim!!
I tried flying to K.bay from PHNL and the sim crashed as i got close!!

very confused!

Dave B
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Dave in order to assist you we need to know some basic info about your setup:

What version FS9 or FSX?
What other addons are you running in your scenery folder for Hawaii?
Do you have any addon mesh for that area?

There seems to be a couple files in the scenery that are conflicting with some user's other addon scenery. Once we know what you have installed we can work from there.

Remember the scenery is designed to work with default FS9 only. Any combination of addons other than default may cause problems.
-Mike G.

DaveB at EGCC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by DaveB at EGCC »

Hi Mike,

I'm using FS9, with no scenery add-ons for Hawaii.

DaveB
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

DaveB,

Can you tell me when it crashes, when you start at K Bay?
Does it crash whilst loading? If it does how far does it get and what is it loading when it crashes?

Does it crash once it has loaded and straight as the airfield appears on the screen, or later that that?
Steve
JohnStinstrom
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by JohnStinstrom »

Dave can you check your file structure for me and verify that you have the special road textures in the right place? You need to have the files

Dark_Road.bmp
Dark_Road_LM.bmp

located in your FS9\Scenery\World\Texture folder or the sim will crash/lock up.
Sloeber
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Sloeber »

John,
I also have/had problems with this scenery, the same as BlazerK5, with the scenery loading up to 53%, or 54%.
With the disabling of Kaneohe_Default_Poly_Exclude_VTPL.BGL it does work, as Blazerk5 also mentions. Is this problem solved when you add Dark_Road.bmp and Dark_Road_LM.bmp?
I ask this, because I'm missing both of these files as well.
If this is subject to the CTD, can someone provide me with a link to these files please?

Thank you in advance!
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

That is indeed your problem. The files are in the package - or should be. They go into the main Texture folder.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Sloeber
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Sloeber »

Thanks Dan, I'll extract the package again, and see what happens then. Thanks to all for your patience.
DaveB at EGCC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by DaveB at EGCC »

I've downloaded this package twice now, both times the road textures have not been included??

DaveB
JohnStinstrom
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by JohnStinstrom »

I will check with the packager and see where they went. In the meanwhile I will post the files here for everyone who has problems finding them.
JohnStinstrom
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by JohnStinstrom »

Ok for some reason I cannot post them. Dave I will send you a set and find a way to put the files here for everyone.