Can anyone guess what scenery I'm working on

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Paul
Captain
Captain

Post by Paul »

Thanks guys for helping out. I didn't abandon this post. I had a problem with my phone lines since Sunday and wasn't able to get online til now. Again thanks for helping out. This is such a great community to belong to. :D

Paul
merlin101
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by merlin101 »

My turn!
having similar problems, that is no tarmac or runways! I have'nt any ALPHA sim stuff, just default scenery. I've tried adjusting the height using AFCAD 2.21 but to no avail. Could someone let me know the Height above sea level for Nellis please? Got mine at 1874.0 currently.
Dave
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well I don't believe mine has changed and the default is 1866.80'
Steve
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

Thanks Steve, i'll go 'n try it
Dave
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

Did'nt work! ai are parked ok but main a/c appears to be on grass e.g. not smooth as on tarmac! weird this one!
Dave
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well, Dave, I do not dispute your checking about the Alphasim scenery but with the symptoms being the same it would seem that you some other scenery that is causing the problem.
My guess would be that its quite an old scenery, as newer ones tend to have less problems.

As a side issue, how does KLAS look as its only a couple of miles a way, and quite busy if you have civilian traffic.
Steve
Paul
Captain
Captain

Post by Paul »

Dave, maybe the AFCAD somehow got corrupt. I'm posting the AFCAD here
Attachments
AF2_KLSV.bgl
(119.1 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

Thanks Paul, will try it & see.
Dave
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

again no luck, i'm fairly sure its a scenery/mesh problem, so will try that area.
Dave
Paul
Captain
Captain

Post by Paul »

Sorry that didn't work. I was hoping that would be a quick fix.

Paul
Paul
Captain
Captain

Post by Paul »

Dave....do you have Groom Lake / Area 51 Scenery - KXTA buy Ted Thompson. In that scenery I found an AFCAD for KLSV.

Paul
merlin101
Major
Major

Post by merlin101 »

Had it & removed it! Still no luck!!
Dave
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Dave,
Maybe its time for drastic action. Take a copy of your scenery.cfg and set all your non-default fs9 addons to ACTIVE=FALSE, with the exception of the Nellis scenery with its afcad.

If it appears normal, then you have proved that its an addon. The task then is to narrow it down. I would suggest then setting the first half back to ACTIVE=TRUE, if it still works you know that the problem is in the second half. If the problem returns you know its in the first half.

According to what you discover, you then either add more ACTIVE=TRUE or ACTIVE=FALSE until you discover the cause.

Let us know how you get on.
Steve
Lazerbeak
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Lazerbeak »

Hello,

Sorry to bring back an old topic, but is there any way I can obtain this scenery now that avsim is sadly gone? I'd been waiting for its release but right when I finally got around to downloading it, avsim was gone.

If anyone has it and is willing to send it to me, I would be very grateful, as I've been jonesing for a good Nellis for ages.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

I just got most of the Nellis AI repaints from Flightsim, and I am using the above LSV AFCAD file. I did download the Alphasim version, tried it out, then quickly deleted it, to me it was that bad. For right now I am using scenery from a virtual military airline.

Right now my Nellis is packed, probably a bit too much with F-16/15/22's and A-10's, and then there is the transits.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
gapeters
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by gapeters »

Any chance of this being uploaded to FlightSim.com or PM'ed to me. Thanks Greg

Ha Ha ...Avsim is back up . Nevermind. :D
Trim_tab
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Trim_tab »

Just to give you guys a heads up... the other Alphasim scenery that causes the Nellis AFB AFCAD not to show, is "Fallon NAS"... as soon as I disabled/removed "Fallon", Paul's Nellis AFB runways, taxiways & aprons, now show up... I must say Paul, this is one fine looking airbase... great job.

***EDIT***... to be more specific, its the exclude files in the "Fallon NAS" scenery folder that is the cause.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Trim, thanks for that, until now, no one has been able to pinpoint which scenery files were causing the problems.

Did you try just removing the Fallon exclude files and using the rest of the scenery without them, or will that not work?
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Trim_tab
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Trim_tab »

MIKE JG wrote:Trim, thanks for that, until now, no one has been able to pinpoint which scenery files were causing the problems.

Did you try just removing the Fallon exclude files and using the rest of the scenery without them, or will that not work?
Yes... if you remove the 2 exclude files from the Fallon NAS\scenery folder... the problem with KLSV goes away... but then you have all the default objects showing along with the custom objects over @ "Fallon NAS"... maybe making some new excludes will do the trick... or better yet, a better "Fallon NAS" !!!
Paul
Captain
Captain

Post by Paul »

Trim, thanks for your kind words.......I had a lot of fun doing that scenery. Hopefully some day someone will do a custom scenery for Nellis. As far as an exclude for Fallon...I did one, found here.......
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/forum/vi ... n&start=15....... The AFCAD I did is a realistic one with a lot of parking, but doesn't fit the Alphasim scenery.

Paul