Repaints for FAB UH-60, UH-1, etc

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Repaints for FAB UH-60, UH-1, etc

Post by Greg »

Mark even if it's still on Avsim, you'd probably be supporting piracy. If there's one thing we hate around here it's bloody pirates that take someone else's hard work and offer it as their own :evil:

The only reason I'd like to know if it's still on Avsim is to check with the uploader and eventually have it taken down.
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by djnocturnal »

ah, ok. wasn't sure if this was or wasn't piracy.
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

So, several questions come to mind. Are the models in the two JF Military Plus Packs worth making the purchase in order to have access to them. How many polys, etc, and are the paint maps available to make more paints available? The price for the packs are reasonable, and would be useful to obtain models otherwise not currently available. Of course, it would require creating special traffic files to use those models, but might be worth the trouble to fill gaps in the model lineups until good freeware versions are available. I in no way would encourage pirating, and am never opposed to spending a few bucks for worth while materials, and would happily do so it the goods are worth having. Therefore, has anyone checked these packs out, and if so, what say you?

Ron
flyboy
Major
Major
Version: MSFS

Post by flyboy »

The Blackhawk is a 5 - LOD model (3456 - 286). All tth he models are very simple and comes with generic paints. You can repaint them but what detail I do not know. Comes with a traffic file that gets them in the air. Best thing to do is look at the Just Flight site and read what the paks offer.
Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the way!
lewis
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by lewis »

I do not use it because it is quite bigger than the flyable model of Jordan Moore. I will keep using Jordans H-60 until a real AI model is produced. See screenie.
Attachments
ai_Blackhawk.JPG
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Thanks for the reply. It seems that it might be just barely acceptable as a temporary measure, but once a decent AI model is available it would need to be stripped out so that it didn't clash. I don't use a flyable rotor wing of any sort so there wouldn't be any problem of miss match. I would like to get a little UH-60 action going around a few Army installations so perhaps I'll make the purchase.

Ron
clarke123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by clarke123 »

There is a WIP "AI" version of Jordan Moores Blackhawk here...http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ifo ... isc&img=18 It isn't as light as MAIW models but better than the flyable version. It's got the FSDS source files to finish it off if one of the talented modelers here wanted to. There's also a WIP AI Seahawk and Huey with FSDS source files on that page.
veni, vidi, spurius brutus deitrum covi - I came, I saw, I tore the thick bastards limb from limb
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Almost forgot about those on HC. I use both the S-70A and B, all textures for the flyable Jayhawk/Black Hawk work. Still in the 18k+ range on poly's and use the same airfile as most helo AI, but it's a fit for now and at least the scale is right on as pointed out by lewis.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

well I finally got this, and have made a paintkit for it...so is there still any interest in this? i've started on some of the AF RQS.
lewis
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by lewis »

Which model are you using, J/F or Jordan's? Lewis
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

its for the just flight model, I suppose it is better than nothing untill a better model comes along.
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

lewis
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by lewis »

You know that Graham K did repaints on all the JF models, Army, Navy, Coast Guard and Air Force. If you want them PM me, I have them all (at least the ones painted by GK). Lewis
Attachments
Blackhawk.JPG
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Nice, don't forget the low-vis "teeth" on the 347th RQG Pavehawks.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris