P-3, Revisited

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by CrazyDunc »

any news o this lil baby?
dunc
Regards,
Dunc
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

...working... :smt117 (not sure what this emoticon means, but I feel like I'm chasing something :lol:
Attachments
P-3_74.jpg
P-3_74.jpg (22.13 KiB) Viewed 477 times
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by RipPipPip »

What's left to do, Jake?
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
wktjr

Post by wktjr »

Looking good!!

Can't wait to see it sitting on the KNHZ ramp! :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

What's left to do, Jake?
How should I know?? :lol:

No seriously, I've been trying to put a texture map together and I'm trying to start the LOD's, but like I was telling somebody, every individual example of this aircraft is different from the next one :? so I've got to find a happy medium with antennae, sensors, etc and just leave it alone, at least for the primary model. I don't see how Kev has kept his sanity with all the variations he's done on the Talon.

I could really use some help on that before mentioned decision, though. :)
wktjr

Post by wktjr »

aerogator wrote:
What's left to do, Jake?
How should I know?? :lol:

No seriously, I've been trying to put a texture map together and I'm trying to start the LOD's, but like I was telling somebody, every individual example of this aircraft is different from the next one :? so I've got to find a happy medium with antennae, sensors, etc and just leave it alone, at least for the primary model. I don't see how Kev has kept his sanity with all the variations he's done on the Talon.

I could really use some help on that before mentioned decision, though. :)
If I understand you correctly, your trying to figure out how much detail to put on each LOD so you can say time and effort when you start on the other P-3 models?
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

your trying to figure out how much detail to put on each LOD so you can say time and effort when you start on the other P-3 models?
Yeah, something like that. I've just got come up with a variation that is generic enough to represent a P-3C UIII and/or a P-3C AIP. Jeff Frey sent me some good info on all of this a while back but if you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate them. :)

thanks,
wktjr

Post by wktjr »

aerogator wrote:
your trying to figure out how much detail to put on each LOD so you can say time and effort when you start on the other P-3 models?
Yeah, something like that. I've just got come up with a variation that is generic enough to represent a P-3C UIII and/or a P-3C AIP. Jeff Frey sent me some good info on all of this a while back but if you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate them. :)

thanks,
Keeping in mind I have no modeling experience, I would think LOD 2 thru ? could be the same with the exception of the VQ aircraft. Tacan, VHF/ UHF, IFF and the other assorted antennas are too small to be seen at any great distance. Depending on the mod the SATCOM antennas are placed differently, but I think modeling them on LOD 2 and higher would add very little. Naturally, this is just my opinion and I would like to know what others think.
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

OK guys, with all the talk about subs and ASW, I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth. Graham has begun helping with the P-3 :D . He has given me a list of things that need to be done and I am getting busy. I am posting a picture of an early paint. As you can see, Graham can even work his majic on a less than perfect model. We're getting there, however.

A big thanks to Graham for his help and patience! :smt038
Attachments
Image7.jpg
Image7.jpg (17.82 KiB) Viewed 873 times
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Yes my boys need an adversary !!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

A new type/loadout for the P-3C?
http://www.airsceneuk.org.uk/scene.htm

Gary
huskydriver
Cadet
Cadet

Post by huskydriver »

Any chance that once that beautiful P-3 is done we could get a CP-140 Aurora variation for those of us flying "north of the border"? CFB Comox and CFB Greenwood could really use some life. Vern Opperman has a great Comox scenery at Avsim that could benefit... Just my 2 cents worth.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Garysb wrote:A new type/loadout for the P-3C?
http://www.airsceneuk.org.uk/scene.htm

Gary
Similar to this?
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Here's a pic of Graham's latest majic. Just to let y'all know that the P-3 is still progressing. Check his website for more examples.
Attachments
Image9.jpg
Image9.jpg (46.76 KiB) Viewed 617 times
delta b
Captain
Captain

Post by delta b »

Dude, that's looking AWESOME! 8)

Dan
WHAT? People actually FLY in Flight Sim???
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Me thinks that one the Exotic Herks packages are finished, there will be an Exotic Orion collection.
Steve
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

Steve

The Exotic Alberts package will never be finished, just too many to do.
Stew and I are thinking of doing Latin American Herks next, then Middle East and finally Europe/Africa...

Not sure if we will...

barry
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Barry,
Guess the two series will have to run in parallel then.
Steve
wktjr

Post by wktjr »

They look great! One note, P-3C's have a VHF antenna on top of the tail cap which I don't see.
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

One note, P-3C's have a VHF antenna on top of the tail cap which I don't see
Thanks. :D . Can you send me a pic of the antenna? Shouldn't be a problem including it.

Thanks