The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Dans bits & bobs

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: Dans bits & bobs

Post by petebramley »

Ah Ha

Just sent you a PM ref that :-)
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Moldovan & Romanian MiG 29s are uploaded to the Hangar. I've also done some MiG 29's from an air force that had nearly 200 of them in active service, they will be uploaded very shortly.

After that I'm putting the MiG 29s on the back burner for a little while, I've decided to do a project that is bigger than anything I've done before, Ukraine. Menno has very kindly allowed me to include his scenery that he did for the Ukraine for his Cold War package which I've converted for P3D use. I also need to mention Jetpilot1980 for helping me to test this & for converting Ozerne to P3Dv5 as well as it has a slightly different elevation to v4. Another massive thanks I need to make is to Geoffj for the info he has provided from the Scramble page regarding serials & units. Thank you gents, it's people like yourselves that make projects like this possible.

This will be released in parts as the Ukrainians had a lot, I really a lot as well, of aircraft during the late 90s to early 2000s period. The MiG 29's will be first:

Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

This Ukrainian project is rather bigger than I envisioned it to be, I didn't realise that they had such a large number of aircraft, both in types & sheer numbers back in the late 90s to early 2000s. However I'm not a million miles away from finishing it off now. Included will be the aircraft from the Ukrainian Air Force, Navy, Army, National Guard & Border Guard & some of the UN aircraft based in Ukraine as well. I've also added some weathering effects on some of the aircraft as a lot were effectively mothballed at that time, there is a fair amount of artistic license involved as there aren't that many pictures around from that time sadly.

Anyway here's a few screenshots on what I've done so far:

Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Just uploaded the Ukrainian project onto the hangar, it's been split into 7 parts (sorry Martin :smt003 ) but please download the misc file as it contains the readme for the entire package. Please allow for the usual time for these to be made available.

I also forgot to mention in the readme that for the Il-78 I have used standard Il-76 models, this is deliberate as the first thing the Ukrainians did when they got them was remove the refuelling paraphernalia sadly.

Next project I'm keeping quiet for the time being, but it's a good one I reckon.

Enjoy
Dan

jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by jimrodger »

Hi

Could you let us know what model was used for the Il-22 please

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

I can indeed, it is this one:

https://www.avsimrus.com/f/fsx-ai-traff ... 66276.html

It is P3D only though, unless someone wants to convert it.
Dan

jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

shaggy22 wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 17:16 I can indeed, it is this one:

https://www.avsimrus.com/f/fsx-ai-traff ... 66276.html

It is P3D only though, unless someone wants to convert it.
Many Thanks

Converts quite nicely to FS9 as well (when static)... loses number 4 prop in motion...

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

As it happens, when Martin asked me if I would like to test MCX conversions, that package was the very one that I chose to do.

I too found that issue but was able to rectify it, once I realised the cause of it.
The biggest issue is the weird FSX/P3D paint layering that it has. It works fine but would need a new lightmap - unless anyone knows how to fix this.
It is the issue that people found trying to convert FSX schemes to FS9 for FAIB airliners.

So IF somebody wanted to create a lightmap and IF we have permission to release converted aircraft then I can do it.
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

We can always do a self-conversion pack, Steve

Send from mobile hence short
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I am not sure you can, Martin.
Purely because I think that everybody would need the unrestricted animation export license for MCX. We can surely try with a Guinea Pig and I can give instructions on what to look for and change.
If Jim wants to be that GP, if he PMs me I can tell him what to do.

The situation at the moment is that I have converted them but there is no lightmap, which may not be a show stopper, but I am not sure about everybody being able to do the mod.

If everybody can't then we would need permission or its a no-go for FS9.
Steve
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK, the GP has squeaked back that he has replicated the fix. He also does not have an MCX key so in theory we could provide instructions on how to do it.

Providing that we can sort out the lightmap issue plus Jim also found an issue with the wheels and is investigating.
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Steve, I guess you have not seen the self-conversion packs that I did for example for all the FMAI models.

The principle is that you deliver the original model plus a patch program. The user executes the patcher which rewrites the original model to the FSX or P3D version. No conversion happens, only a binary rewrite.

Check out the Transall conversion for example.

Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ahhh I see, slightly more integrated than I was thinking.
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

To prepare such a package I need both the original and the converted model.

Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Been a bit quiet here recently but that's only because I've been painting up some Ukrainian civilian Il-76, An-24/26/30/32 etc. The next mil project is a good one but it's not my idea so I'll keep quiet about that one for the time being.

However it does involve some F-18's & having just done the research for it I realised I don't have the NBAI F-18 paintkit, does anyone happen to have a copy of it that they could send to me please.

Thanks in advance.
Dan

f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

I have them all what model are you after A,B,C,D,E,F, or G :D
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Thanks Ray,

But Hartwig has beaten you to it :D

Thank you for offering though
Dan