Model ConverterX.
by robystar
25 Mar 2011, 09:41
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: Support archive for MAIW Packages in FSX
Replies: 306
Views: 51401

HTAI F-16's in FSX

Hi, When using the F-16's from the AK and Islands package, I noticed the following: - bumpy take off and landing; - vibrating aircraft during some climbing and approach stages. As I love the models and the repaints, I set myself to remedy these imperfections. It took me a while but I now have the F-...
by robystar
19 Nov 2010, 17:55
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: FSX MAIW AH64D quirks on overlay AP's
Replies: 1
Views: 233

FSX MAIW AH64D quirks on overlay AP's

Hi, I have been trying to develop (for myself) some Afghanistan scenery. So I made some overlay airports for OAKB, OAKN and OATN because I wanted to have some of MAIW's wonderful heli's included. Everything works fine except for the fact that and in the case of the AH64 Apache heli's and under the f...
by robystar
09 Jun 2010, 12:54
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: AI landing distance advice...
Replies: 23
Views: 1061

Re: AI landing distance advice...

Hi,

I do not want to be mixed up in your discussion about what to do or not. I just wanted to make a suggestion of an answer to the initial question :) .
Try this: open the air file and reduce the braking strength by e.g. half (under 1101 primary dynamics).
by robystar
08 Jun 2010, 20:00
Topic: Nick Black's FA-18's carrier ops
Replies: 6
Views: 654

Re: Nick Black's FA-18's carrier ops

Sorry, Giorgio, I do not. In FS9 I only managed to adapt the Fa-18E (light and superlight version) of Daisuke Yamamoto. Nick Black's Fa-18's are different and I only adapted them for FSX (I made the mistake of giving my FS9 away). I do know I had to adapt a lot of things in the airfile in FS9 but I ...
by robystar
18 May 2010, 15:31

Re: Nick Black's FA-18's carrier ops

Thanks Nick but all the tributes go to your team. It is easier in FSX than in FS9 by the way, as more elements go into the aircraft.cfg. Problem also is that the carrier AFCADS have to be adjusted to the characteristics of the planes, so your package should also include some customized ones, afcads ...
by robystar
18 May 2010, 13:26

Nick Black's FA-18's carrier ops

Hi, Although I am on FSX, I am extremely grateful for the outstanding AI models that can be found in the MAIW packages. As I am a carrier operations addict, I was of course enormously happy when Nick Black's hornets and superhornets were released (even with folding wings!). My congratulations. I am ...
by robystar
22 Aug 2009, 13:36
Topic: maiw aircraft and carriers?
Replies: 9
Views: 1191

Hi, Sorry for reviving an already rather old thread but I read it only just now. In order to have AI planes land on a carrier, you need indeed a carrier AFCAD (which also means it has to be a static carrier). I have made carrier AFCADs both in FS9 and FSX. I modified the FDE's of several aircraft to...
by robystar
21 Jun 2009, 17:05
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: No textures on vehicles?
Replies: 10
Views: 688

I would like to be able to contact Michael Carr. His MCDmil scenery is wonderful. I managed to convert his static vehicle models into AI for FSX (for my own pleasure) and I would like him to know about this possibility for future FSX compatible sceneries. The AI really livens up his scenery. Hope he...
by robystar
21 Jun 2009, 16:24
Topic: Alphasim Enterprise Static Aircraft.
Replies: 8
Views: 875

carrier

For PC specs, nothing special. The thing is that you cannot put your own AI planes on it. If you are on FSX, go for a static FS9 carrier and put your own AI on it e.g. using the hornet AI's. Much better and more fun. And as for your own pilotable craft, you can use the FS9 Superhornet with Rob Baren...
by robystar
05 Jun 2009, 13:16
Topic: Dual runway help
Replies: 5
Views: 535

Have you given the three towers different frequencies? And moved the ARP somewhat? Added an invisible second and third runway? Is the ICAO different as well?
by robystar
04 Jun 2009, 17:19
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Finnish Air Force Hornets Package by MAIW
Replies: 14
Views: 2192

Apologies Les. Checking a bit more I found them (folding wings) in between the models. Really super. Regarding the posible carrier version: that was merely an offer to send my aircraft.cfg and airfile over so that you can use them if of any help. And for the rest: looking forward already to the &quo...
by robystar
04 Jun 2009, 16:15
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Finnish Air Force Hornets Package by MAIW
Replies: 14
Views: 2192

Hello, I have a couple of questions and a comment. I will start with the comment: congrats, it is truly a beautiful achievement. Now to the questions: - is it a Hornet or a Superhornet? I am using the light version of the FA-18E and it looks bigger than the AI one of the package. The engine inlet se...
by robystar
20 May 2009, 16:25
Topic: thumbnails
Replies: 2
Views: 302

Hi, That is allright Steve. I found out, finally (I am a slow learner) that you can import library objects from other sceneries using the object library manager from ADE. Problem was that I did not know what the name of the object stood for. But opening the MAIW BGL's with ADE you could see what the...
by robystar
19 May 2009, 22:55
Topic: thumbnails
Replies: 2
Views: 302

thumbnails

Hi all,

Rather new tio this site but enjoying your contributions. Not yet at the point where I can contribute something myself, though.
Wonder if there is some thumbnail package available for all the scenery objects used in your sceneries.
Tks,

Rob
by robystar
19 May 2008, 18:19
Topic: carrier ops AFCAD
Replies: 16
Views: 750

Hi,

And thanks for the suggestion.
Indeed, when I moved a node further down the runway, the aircraft stopped going over the edge.
Might have something to do with the FD or cfg of the F18 though. Still have to find out.

Roby
by robystar
19 May 2008, 14:58
Topic: Carrier Traffic
Replies: 17
Views: 1130

Hi Javier, I am not very good at xml and such so I design my own scenery the old way using EOD (Easy Object Designer) and FSSC (Flight Simulator Scenery Creator) and make my own static objects which is a lot of fun. Both programs were made for FS8 but can be easily used in FS9. For moving objects I ...
by robystar
19 May 2008, 09:25

Hi, And thanks for the incentive. It works. Planes land nicely on the angled deck and take off from the bow catapult, The only thing that is still puzzling me is that after having come to a full stop, they first veer to the left before taxiing to they parking spots. But then, they do not go over the...
by robystar
17 May 2008, 17:56

Hi, I do allow myself once more to explain that I never had any intention of going payware with whatever scenery I come up with. That was a joke, for heavens' sake! As said before, I do owe most of you a big thanks for all of your free advice that in the end allowed me to have more fun with FS. Sorr...
by robystar
17 May 2008, 17:06

Hi all again, Can't you see (read) that was supposed to be read ironically or better jokingly? Guess those emoticons do not do what they are supposed to do. All that I do and manage to do, I owe to you guys (well, in FS at least), so do not get me wrong! Sorry and no offense meant and perhaps it is ...