The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 97 matches

by Foxbat
14 Jun 2018, 11:05
Forum: MAIW Conversion Package Support for FSX and P3D
Topic: MAIW JMAI Boeing B-52 Stratofortress Conversion Support
Replies: 9
Views: 1335

Re: MAIW JMAI Boeing B-52 Stratofortress Conversion Support

Thanks for the bombers conversion!

One bug to report: At Minot AB, I observed the Clean model has flaps turned upside down when parked. Same resuslt as I got with McX when I could not figure what anim parameter to use with the flaps/spoilers.
by Foxbat
26 May 2018, 18:26
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: Patuxent River 2018 Package conversion
Replies: 21
Views: 2720

Re: Patuxent River 2018 Package conversion

Are you talking about where the P8's and Orions parks? Where that taxiway ends, there shuld be water, yes. As I use FTX Vectors this is of course incorrect. As I share my afcad with you guys, best let it be for both Vectors and not, as there is terribly much work involved to satisfy both. Further &q...
by Foxbat
17 May 2018, 18:39

Here's a new fix. I managed to sneak the taxiway between the buildings, and also fixed the apron with trees on. This version will work fine with or without ORBX Vectors.
by Foxbat
16 May 2018, 17:43
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: New grass textures for you all - free usage
Replies: 2
Views: 646

Re: New grass textures for you all - free usage

Happy to hear. I'm going through my "mhangar" textures now (all 1024 x 1024 in PSD format with multiple layers). The file will get so big it will have to be uploaded to the MAIW library. Working on it.
by Foxbat
16 May 2018, 17:32

Glad it worked. But for those of you not using ORBX Vectors, I need to make another set, as there is trouble with the coastlines/heliport. For now I think I will just ignore water "going up" and leave the taxiways there as original, which will also solve the buildings problem before mentio...
by Foxbat
14 May 2018, 18:02

John, I think a new flatten/exclude autogen is needed. Made this a couple of weeks ago. Please try the attached KNHK afcad and CVX file attached in the zip. Delete all excludes, VTPP stuff and the update KNHK afcad. PS: I still have a few buildings to remove from a taxiway, but I'm lost for the time...
by Foxbat
11 May 2018, 16:35
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: New grass textures for you all - free usage
Views: 646

New grass textures for you all - free usage

As developer of the Airports of Norway package, I've made a lot of PSD multitextures for years, many of them from my own SLR camera, edited with Photoshop CS5 that I own. One of the best purchases I ever did. So I just upgraded the MAIW grass... Included here two dxt5 grass textures, one summer, one...
by Foxbat
09 May 2018, 00:02
Forum: Tutorials
Topic: RAF mildenhall
Replies: 39
Views: 6474

Re: RAF mildenhall

Is there any way I can get in contact with Tony Dalton? I have this excellent scenery ready for P3D4. I've also have my converted KC-135R's ready but one step for now - the scenery. PS... Trev... yes I know those black thingies and planes without wheels. I converted the MGAI KC-135R around 20 times ...
by Foxbat
06 May 2018, 22:29
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Davis Monthan AFB issue in P3Dv4
Views: 330

Re: Davis Monthan AFB issue in P3Dv4

You can't use the Hercs in that package. I tried, and saw them without wheels, there was heavy stuttering, and effects in the clouds (!). If memory serves, I discovered they were FS9 models. I fixed it by using the new Conversion Herc package. Cannot remember if I found the birds there, or converted...
by Foxbat
04 May 2018, 17:55
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: My latest P3D/FSX conversions
Replies: 0
Views: 465

My latest P3D/FSX conversions

It's been a hard learning process. I'm used to McX, but only for scenery. So after converting the NAAI E3A around 20 times, importing custom parameters, swearing, I got it right. A few beers and whiskeys were involved. Thanks to AIG and MAIW for helping me out with this. Here's the E3A, and today's ...
by Foxbat
02 May 2018, 18:40
Topic: How to convert MAIW packages to FSX/P3D?
Replies: 37
Views: 11843

Re: How to convert MAIW packages to FSX/P3D?

Some info regarding converting planes, which I also posted in the AIG thread: McX TIPS: Recent research doing the NAAI E3A AWACS: Open FS9 mdl in McX without autoset visibility conditions (can make a mess for the time being). Importer: Use Condition - User Specified. Set Conditions when opening the ...
by Foxbat
02 May 2018, 17:28

Trev, Finished with the conversion. I have Herc's, KC-135R's, A10's now and then (from Alconbury I guess) and other visitors. I use about all the stuff from John. Made batch files yesterday and converted everything to dxt1 or dxt5 in a flash, taking care to make the dxt3's dxt5 to keep gradient alph...
by Foxbat
30 Apr 2018, 08:05
Topic: How to convert MAIW packages to FSX/P3D?
Views: 11843

Re: How to convert MAIW packages to FSX/P3D?

Correction; now I also do all the model libraries. Guide is great. When doing this, I often find missing textures using McX. Those can often be found in other model libraries, most of them I found in the MAIW Object Library FSX. Some of the textures I just change using the Material Properties. For e...
by Foxbat
28 Apr 2018, 20:36
Topic: KDMA Davis Monthan FSX/P3D - water tower
Replies: 4
Views: 807

Re: KDMA Davis Monthan FSX/P3D - water tower

Found it. It's in the KDMA scenery folder, a lib with just this tower, "KDMA_ADEX_JY_OBJ.BGL". The model asked for a "KDMA WATER TOWER" texture, so I borrowed the "Watertower Checker" texture from the MAIW Objects lib and told the model to use that one. All good, and th...
by Foxbat
28 Apr 2018, 19:59

Re: KDMA Davis Monthan FSX/P3D - water tower

Aha! Seems I have to go through all the lib files anyway then. And just set Default Transparent when I find it, plus check other parameters.

John, thx, I'd like to have your model anyway in case I blow it.
by Foxbat
28 Apr 2018, 13:54

KDMA Davis Monthan FSX/P3D - water tower

I have a few huge water towers in this fine package. They are all black. Could you please tell me which texture is lost (probably) in the MAIW Object library for FSX? Or in which library file this tower is, so I can fix it myself with McX.
by Foxbat
27 Apr 2018, 19:54

Not so much work, as I'm used to it being the developer of the "Airports of Norway" package. I know what to do, and this conversion took me an hour or two. I already have permission for Patuxent River (not perfect but very enjoyable), and will ask for permission to upload Elmendorf AB and ...
by Foxbat
26 Apr 2018, 22:42
Topic: Greg's P3D World
Views: 6091

Re: Greg's P3D World

Thx so very much John.

I had to get a headache first, then a perfect E3A :-)
by Foxbat
26 Apr 2018, 14:09
Topic: Greg's P3D World
Views: 6091

Re: Greg's P3D World

Great shots :-)

I've converted the NAAI E3A NAEW myself, flying in P3D4. Do you know how to get the antenna to rotate? I used assorted animation replacements, but only ended up with the antenna rotating fast as a propeller!