Search found 235 matches

by msm8378
23 Feb 2009, 07:28
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: C-17 Globemaster
Replies: 12
Views: 784

Alphasim

I bought the C-5 Galaxy from these folks some time back. I am a huge fan of the beast and have flown in them many, many times. After downloading and playing with it for a couple of hours I ended up scrapping it. However, I did take the panel and add it to Mike Stone's C-5. As far as I am concerned M...
by msm8378
19 Feb 2009, 02:36
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Florida Orions package by MAIW
Replies: 25
Views: 2870

Runway and ILS Problem?

Has anyone else noticed a problem with Runway 22 at KMCF being out of alignment with the ILS. I flew into the base IFR with the MAIW AF2 from Florida Orions installed and landed in the grass approx. 500 feet left of the runway.... :D
by msm8378
19 Feb 2009, 02:23
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Fort Campbell (KHOP) Scenery
Replies: 56
Views: 3530

Week 2 Update

Week 2 Update KHOP scenery status is approx. 15% complete. Beta testing on AFCADs continues and still on track for 03/01/09 release. Scenery package will now also be offered with two options. 1) will be retro which leaves "Son DZ" intact which sets just south of Runway 05. During the 80's ...
by msm8378
17 Feb 2009, 04:23
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: CTD Problem...Any Ideas
Replies: 3
Views: 227

Oops...

I think I figured it out...there was an event reported but, I missed it at first glance. Turns out it was a paging error. I had, for some unknown reason, set my paging file to a custom size (2MB - 4MB). Changed setting to system controlled and voila...all is well (fingers crossed...). Thanks Dan...I...
by msm8378
17 Feb 2009, 02:44
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: CTD Problem...Any Ideas
Replies: 3
Views: 227

CTD Problem...Any Ideas

Hello all... I keep getting a CTD with no error messages or logged events when using FS9. I have an Acer Aspire 6930 that came with Vista, but I re-formatted the works and put XP Home with SP3 on it. All drivers current. Flight was KHOP to KSLC using a IFR flightplan and static real world weather. A...
by msm8378
11 Feb 2009, 13:49
Topic: AVSIM article on DEATH of MSFS
Replies: 1
Views: 143

AVSIM article on DEATH of MSFS

AVSIM recently posted an article quoting sources from ACES and others that MS has no further plans to continue the MSFS series, at least not for PC. The article goes on to claim that MS seems to be heading in the direction of fully embracing a proprietary payware simulation via their "Live"...
by msm8378
11 Feb 2009, 13:49
Topic: AVSIM article on DEATH of MSFS
Replies: 0
Views: 36

AVSIM article on DEATH of MSFS

AVSIM recently posted an article quoting sources from ACES and others that MS has no further plans to continue the MSFS series, at least not for PC. The article goes on to claim that MS seems to be heading in the direction of fully embracing a proprietary payware simulation via their "Live"...
by msm8378
10 Feb 2009, 17:37

Week 1 UPDATE KHOP scenery status is 5% complete. AFCAD update in beta that now features parking for CRAF and AMC aircraft south of runway 05/23. AFCAD to be released NLT 03/01/09 in 2 versions. One will be a retro AFCAD that still employs the six key-hole parking spots as depicted in the MS Default...
by msm8378
05 Feb 2009, 14:33

KHOP Scenery Working List The following are some of the main features that I have come up with to enhance the Campbell AAF scenery package that I am working on: Accurate AI Taxi, AI Parking, and ATC Runway Guidance. Updating of all building objects "on field" to reflect real life appearanc...
by msm8378
04 Feb 2009, 19:29

Very true...in 1981 I flew into KCKV on a Delta commuter flight. I don't remember who the actual carrier was at the time, but it was in concert with Delta. I believe commercial service was lost in 1985 or 1986. Now you have to drive down to Nashville, TN or Evansville,IN for commercial service.
by msm8378
04 Feb 2009, 17:21

Ford, Also note that KCKV _ Outlaw Field _ Clarksville,TN is directly outside Gate 1 to Fort Campbell. This is a decent GA field with a roughly N/S runway. Smith Graphics recently released an AFCAD for it. Aircraft fly East of the base and Highway 41A on approach and departure from this field. It is...
by msm8378
04 Feb 2009, 17:13

Correct...as far as I know. I have never seen a F/W in that area at all. Let me check with some friends who use to work out there and see if they have ever heard of anything...
by msm8378
04 Feb 2009, 16:45

Yes, that would be Sabre AHP. Years ago in the 80's the 101st had, and still does, an Air Cavalry Squadron that operated out of there. Now it is used by a number of the aviation units as an overflow maintenance facility and staging area. I will be including an AFCAD for it with the KHOP scenery pack...
by msm8378
04 Feb 2009, 16:01

It is surprising just how much traffic some AAF's see. It would also be surprising to many that many AAF's contain some unusual activities as well. If my KHOP project works out I would like to do many more. Lawson would be a great project. I have already started a project folder for the AAF at Fort ...
by msm8378
04 Feb 2009, 15:44
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Aircraft.cfg Limits ?
Replies: 20
Views: 524

Thanks for the answers. I have an individual folder like Danny for just the F-16C and have dissected the MAIW FP's when they come out using this aircraft and move all of the flights using this A/C to a flightplan.txt file that I keep in the A/C folder itself. This way if I have a problem with this p...
by msm8378
04 Feb 2009, 04:47
Topic: Fort Campbell (KHOP)?
Replies: 22
Views: 881

Please see new thread under Scenery Projects. I have decided to jump in with both feet and try and develop a scenery package for KHOP of the same quality as what some others have been able to provide (e.g., John Stinstrom). If this works I will move on to develop other Army Airfields all the while t...
by msm8378
04 Feb 2009, 04:43
Topic: Aircraft.cfg Limits ?
Replies: 20
Views: 524

Danny, It is great to know that the number of entries do not have an obvious low limit. Quick question for you...is it better to have one traffic.bgl or multiple ones? I have 60GB of additions and counting and have been contemplating constructing traffic files based on each individual aircraft vs. p...
by msm8378
04 Feb 2009, 03:23

Mike, I had thought of that too. I just want to make sure that I don't "borrow" anything from anyone without proper permission or credit. My most critical decision at the moment is trying to figure out if I can do this in such a way that it will be compatible with both FS2004 and FSX. I am...
by msm8378
04 Feb 2009, 03:11

Mike, I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction for objects and such. I would like to avoid re-inventing as many wheels as possible, although there are a couple of features the field has that will require me to do some custom creation for. I think the majority of the vehicles ...
by msm8378
04 Feb 2009, 02:51

Fort Campbell (KHOP) Scenery

I have just uploaded a basic AF2 file for KHOP to AVSIM which will be available on 02/04/09. This file corrects numerous taxiway, AI taxi, and ATC Runway guidance issues. It is still the basic MS default airfield and still has major parking ramp issues which I will have corrected and updated in the ...