Search found 9389 matches

by Firebird
20 Aug 2008, 06:01
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: NAS Miramar Top Gun package by MAIW
Replies: 100
Views: 9637

Hi Baz, Well I have just tested this my self and it works fine. You have to select 21:20 at the doc says and then wait the 9 mins before they get to you. Now if you are doing that, then there are a number of causes of this. One that the Miramar scenery has not been added to your scenery list (I woul...
by Firebird
19 Aug 2008, 21:17
Topic: Florida Orions package by MAIW
Replies: 25
Views: 2886

Hi felix, I have never heard of a way that you can remove the afcad part from the bgl. Normally, you get the switch over of afcads if they are in same folder, i.e. some times it will choose one and sometimes the other. If you have the package afcad in a folder that is higher in the fs9 scenery listi...
by Firebird
19 Aug 2008, 18:06
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: A question.
Replies: 4
Views: 213

*hehe* :)
by Firebird
19 Aug 2008, 16:28
Topic: A question.
Views: 213

Yep there a couple of uploads to avsim by Mark Walsh if you search for 'mark walsh nellis' you will find them. They are schemes only so you will have to make your own plans or find some from somewhere, but the biggest problem is solved.
by Firebird
18 Aug 2008, 22:46

I believe that to be the case, Gary.

My guess is try out on one first, but from what I know it should be successful, but I hesitate to say yes it is on something that I haven't tested myself.
by Firebird
18 Aug 2008, 18:53
Topic: wondering..........
Views: 332

Hi Matt, 1. The first question is easy to answer, no we have not released a pack featuring the Apache yet. 2. The second I must answer in the usual frustrating way, and say that many things can affect a package on its journey to release but at least you you know that the biggest stumbling block, i.e...
by Firebird
18 Aug 2008, 16:19
Topic: AI and On-line flying
Views: 325

John, the answer when I was involved in online flying is simply no. However its been over a year so things may have changed since then. The problem is that the only way that we could see this happening is if the server that your are connected to is running AI as only traffic that is connected to the...
by Firebird
18 Aug 2008, 07:44
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: RWAI An-2
Replies: 162
Views: 10009

I think we can safely say that he likes your work, Rip.
by Firebird
17 Aug 2008, 20:00
Topic: MCBH Kaneohe Bay by MAIW Versions 1 and 2 only
Replies: 90
Views: 7749

DaveB,

Can you tell me when it crashes, when you start at K Bay?
Does it crash whilst loading? If it does how far does it get and what is it loading when it crashes?

Does it crash once it has loaded and straight as the airfield appears on the screen, or later that that?
by Firebird
17 Aug 2008, 07:16
Topic: ai for carriers
Replies: 9
Views: 694

Hi Tazz,
Sorry, I am not sure what you mean. Are you talking about moving carriers or AI landing and taking off from static carriers?

Also can you confirm that you are talking about FS9.
by Firebird
16 Aug 2008, 19:36
Topic: USN/USMC Special Use Mentors by MAIW
Replies: 35
Views: 4072

Hi Jerry, I have to assume, because I don't know any better yet, that you are not skilled in installing packages. So please bear with me if you are. Firstly, you said that you saw some static T-34's at Oceana, curiously you didn't mention Whiting North. You would see a multitude there at any time. A...
by Firebird
16 Aug 2008, 19:03
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: landable ai the final word.
Replies: 3
Views: 336

Have a look on avsim for afc_hard.zip by David Marshall. It describes how to create landing surfaces on any ship or building. This might be all you need.
by Firebird
16 Aug 2008, 15:08
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: Georgia, assaults S. Ossetia,
Replies: 60
Views: 2266

Are they bored with the Olympics or just p*ssed at not winning any gold medals?
by Firebird
15 Aug 2008, 19:35

Keith, nice job.
Before anybody asks, taking into account previous pics on this thread, could you explain to others how you have managed to get the land to match with your UT.
Thanks.
by Firebird
15 Aug 2008, 12:50
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: Valkenburg NAS (NL) retro pack - WIP
Replies: 19
Views: 1396

Guys, You obviously have the enthusiasm for this project, which you need to push it to completion. Now what I would first ask you to do is consider is this. Whilst it would be tremendous to do everything in one whole package, experience tells us that you end up doing a lot of work w/o actually produ...
by Firebird
15 Aug 2008, 10:19

No problem, its a bit Heath-Robinson but sometimes that is the only thing that works.
by Firebird
15 Aug 2008, 10:18

Joseph, Its not quite what it seems in that its the destination airfield, so in fact there is only two back to back local trips. This could simulate anything that the flight plan writer wants, from a sortie shortened due to a problem, a quick currency flight, famil trip etc. Fortunately we don't req...
by Firebird
15 Aug 2008, 10:05

Well simply put the first thing is that nobody has to do everything themselves. MAIW is a team org, just look at our release Docs and you will see that the packages are a team effort. What you need, you ask for, and normally somebody will be able to help straight away. As for standards, you use our ...
by Firebird
15 Aug 2008, 07:49

Ruud,
Is this pack going to be a MAIW one, or one you are planning to release yourselves?
by Firebird
15 Aug 2008, 06:04

Hi Tim, Way back on page 2 of this thread I mentioned to Sloeber about my personal experiences with VTP errors. Have a read, I have had a couple of causes. Both are a pain, one is a conflict with a mesh or another addon scenery, the other is a corrupted FS9 library. Its probably easier to diagnose t...