The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 226 matches

by jgowing
20 Sep 2016, 21:07
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: FSDS and Windows 10
Replies: 2
Views: 451

FSDS and Windows 10

To my surprise, FSDS installed on my new Windows 10 pc with no problem. Tonight I started a small project; all fine until the first time I needed the undo command.. 'access to unknown file denied'. FSDS wasn't installed in the Program Files x86 folder, which I know can cause problems. Any ideas on a...
by jgowing
15 Sep 2016, 19:41
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Windows 10
Replies: 254
Views: 29505

Re: Windows 10

I avoided Windows 10 for as long as I could, but when my old pc finally croaked I bit the bullet. The anticipated nightmare has been largely avoided (so far), in part I think because it was a new clean installation in a new pc, but also helped by reading the forums here, so thank you all. FS9 works,...
by jgowing
01 Sep 2016, 20:53
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: Hawkeye narrow escape
Replies: 6
Views: 687

Hawkeye narrow escape

Fortunately with a happy ending:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_aud ... s/37248696

Jon G
by jgowing
27 Aug 2016, 20:59
Forum: MKAI
Topic: MKAI Puma/SuperPuma/Cougar
Replies: 468
Views: 39524

Re: MKAI Puma/SuperPuma/Cougar

I'm working on some, trying to include some offshore flying , but I'm not quick, and the real world intrudes.. mine will get there, but if anyone beats me to the draw I'm just happy to see those Pumas fly.. nice one, Mark!
by jgowing
12 Aug 2016, 23:20
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: Ten for Ten Part 1: 632 VGS Ternhill
Replies: 16
Views: 1671

Re: Ten for Ten Part 1: 632 VGS Ternhill

Indeed, and ewhatever the current state of the real Vigilant fleet, I welcome their virtual representation. I hope all the former VGS units eventually make it into our virtual world, as intended..

Jon G
by jgowing
05 Aug 2016, 21:05
Forum: JYAI
Topic: JYAI P-8 Poseidon and B-737 AEW&C
Replies: 269
Views: 21628

Re: P-3 Orion on the way out, need the P-8

Back with 4 engined MPA.. Japan has thought it worth a new design, the RAF even considered it, apparently. But if ever there was a plane to round out the recent Japanese theme in MAIW...
by jgowing
05 Aug 2016, 20:39
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: Ten for Ten Part 1: 632 VGS Ternhill
Replies: 16
Views: 1671

Re: Ten for Ten Part 1: 632 VGS Ternhill

True, but retro has many friends.. :)
by jgowing
23 Jul 2016, 09:25
Forum: Other Design Discussions
Topic: Scenery request
Replies: 31
Views: 3657

Re: Scenery request

To be honest it's mostly been GA so far, inspired by my proximity to White Waltham. The stuff that's made it to Avsim can be found by searching 'gowing'; it seems I'm the only one.. MAIW standards are so very high, but for example I'd love to have a crack at Aerogators Beech 18. I'm slowly getting m...
by jgowing
23 Jul 2016, 09:02
Forum: Other Design Discussions
Topic: Scenery request
Replies: 31
Views: 3657

Re: Scenery request

Steve,

I have no great skill as a painter, mostly I've been learning a little for my own amusement, uploading a few that I thought were not too awful. Which projects are held up by a lack of painters? If not me, then maybe someone with the appropriate skills might be able to volunteer..

Jon G
by jgowing
14 Jul 2016, 17:45
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Multi engine start order
Replies: 4
Views: 585

Multi engine start order

I'm sure this is an easy one, but so far I can't find the answer: I have a small project underway; how do I get the engines to start sequentially on a twin engined prop? I haven't found anything in the aircraft.cfg file as yet..

Jon G
by jgowing
25 Jun 2016, 07:36
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: BREXIT
Replies: 26
Views: 1881

Re: BREXIT

I may be wrong, but if the defence agreement with France is bilateral and unaffected by our EU status.

It's so refreshing to see the civilized, friendly tone of this thread; much of the actual debate was really ugly.,

Jon G
by jgowing
16 Jun 2016, 18:08
Forum: JYAI
Topic: V-22 Osprey
Replies: 229
Views: 29313

Re: V-22 Osprey

I hope this isn't a daft question, but what specifically was the issue with the mountains? Just curious..

Jon G
by jgowing
11 May 2016, 19:40
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: SBAI Kamov Ka-27 Heli
Replies: 21
Views: 2170

Re: SBAI Kamov Ka-27 Heli

Does anyone here understand how to create the special Afcads to make these land and then park correctly? When I tried to make Afcads previously with Mi-8's, all would be fine apart from right at the end, when the heli would stop and shut down while still airborne above the pad. Jon G P.S. Ka-32 repa...
by jgowing
28 Apr 2016, 18:19
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: AI AW-139 Heli
Replies: 8
Views: 632

Re: AI AW-139 Heli

Thank you, that's potentially good news; always on the look out for a new AI heli..

Jon G
by jgowing
26 Apr 2016, 16:45
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: United Kingdom Emergency Services
Replies: 62
Views: 6135

Re: United Kingdom Emergency Services

Yes, that's my feeling too but the Foufure reckons he's done it so we'll see. Mixing metaphors, I'm crossing my fingers but not holding my breath..

Jon G
by jgowing
26 Apr 2016, 16:33

Ha! I'm not converting anything as yet. Using Foufure's method I got the textures to show in FS Painter, but that's all. FS9 still won't load the model. So I'm wondering if there is a step missing, or indeed if there is no step and it can't be done..

Jon G
by jgowing
26 Apr 2016, 14:31

[TheFoufoure][I've find the solution. So, I convert the texture in DXT1 format for use in FS9. I edit the MDL file with a Hexadecimal editor, change the dds into bmp and save the file. So now, this EC-135 work fine as an AI Helo in my FS9 sky.] Unlike most FSX textures, the helos in Traffic X are st...
by jgowing
21 Apr 2016, 18:47
Forum: MKAI
Topic: MKAI Puma/SuperPuma/Cougar
Replies: 468
Views: 39524

Re: MKAI Puma/SuperPuma/Cougar

Wonderful! How are those great formation views set up? Always wondered..

Jon G
by jgowing
10 Apr 2016, 09:21
Topic: JC repaints
Replies: 176
Views: 13919

Re: JC repaints

Could the lift off be somehow linked to a set time from engine start? Or to an rpm increase to initiate taxi? I don't know much about xml, so I apologize if that makes no sense.

Jon G
by jgowing
24 Mar 2016, 17:50
Topic: JC repaints
Replies: 176
Views: 13919

Re: JC repaints

UKMil has an AI Griffin, although you'll have to register to get hold of it. I don't know if it's true AI, though, i.e. LOD's et cetera..

Jon G