Search found 208 matches

by Graham King
03 Jan 2010, 06:41
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Henry Tomkiewicz C-130 Propellors Automatic Update
Replies: 23
Views: 1270

Re: Henry Tomkiewicz C-130 Propellors Automatic Update

Barry, zipx is the latest form of zip file. I have uploaded it as the older type zip file.

http://www.king.eclipse.co.uk/Packages/MAIW C-130 Propellors.zip
by Graham King
02 Jan 2010, 19:52
Topic: Henry Tomkiewicz C-130 Propellors Automatic Update
Replies: 23
Views: 1270

Henry Tomkiewicz C-130 Propellors Automatic Update

I have written a little program in Visual Basic 6 to replace the prop texture files. A couple of proviso's. First I take no responsibility for what it does to your system. Secondly the automated packaging system did not work on my computer so I have just zipped up what is needed. I have tried it out...
by Graham King
01 Jan 2010, 20:25
Topic: Henry Tomkiewicz C-130 Propellors
Replies: 15
Views: 829

Re: Henry Tomkiewicz C-130 Propellors

I have now worked out what changes need to be made to the MAIW packages. I am going to try and write a Visual Basic program to make the changes for you but if you are impatient then the changes are detailed in http://www.king.eclipse.co.uk/Packages/MAIW_C130_Props.zip . Do the folders list first, re...
by Graham King
01 Jan 2010, 19:20

If you have not downloaded the prop textures I have updated it to include the blue and yellow one above. http://www.king.eclipse.co.uk/Packages/ ... ellors.zip
by Graham King
01 Jan 2010, 18:02

A new prop texture for ALL the 41st ECS in the Davis Monthan AFB package can be downloaded here: http://www.king.eclipse.co.uk/Packages/ ... st_ECS.zip
by Graham King
01 Jan 2010, 17:24

Still looking for that one, the original paint file, but in the meantime I have found a couple of others. RCH_XX_164_90-1794 in Great Lakes ANG Part 1 should have the yellow prop, this is the one with the D-Day stripes. The C-130's in the Saudia E-3 Sentry package should all have the WIDE yellow prop.
by Graham King
29 Dec 2009, 08:27

I have been thinking about this but the problem is that I have painted so many it would be a mammoth task. All I can remember is that the USAF have a black tip, the RAF have red white red. There are a couple of USAF special schemes with coloured tips. If somebody finds them let me know and I will pr...
by Graham King
27 Dec 2009, 18:46

Henry Tomkiewicz C-130 Propellors

I have been working on the alpha layer of the propellors in the last few weeks to try and make them more realistic. Below is the comparison with my old propellors, on the left, and the new ones. I have tried to make them less defined or more blurry whichever you fancy. The picture shows the C-130J b...
by Graham King
06 Dec 2009, 05:35
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Mitsubishi F-2
Replies: 14
Views: 1198

Re: Mitsubishi F-2

PM sent.
by Graham King
05 Dec 2009, 02:09
Topic: Cruise Speeds
Replies: 16
Views: 797

Re: Cruise Speeds

I think the "Cruise Speed" can be considered the speed over the ground or Ground Speed. It can also be known as True Air Speed or TAS if there is no wind. Add a TAS to the panel of the aircraft you are following with and see what the result is. From what I remember at 35000 ft an airliner ...
by Graham King
30 Nov 2009, 04:11
Topic: VFC-12
Replies: 2
Views: 259

Re: VFC-12

Should that not be "What a Flanker" :)
by Graham King
30 Nov 2009, 04:09
Forum: MAIW Website/Forum Support
Topic: Logging in
Replies: 5
Views: 424

Re: Logging in

I do not know the AOL Browser but in Internet Explorer you can block all but trusted cookies. If you wanted to allow cookies from a site you had to go into the Security tab of the Internet Options and manually add the site.

I do not know if that will be of any help?
by Graham King
29 Nov 2009, 06:40
Topic: repaint question
Replies: 13
Views: 8240

Re: repaint question

Another good source of unit markings is to google including "decals" in the search. If you are lucky you will come across decals used by model makers. They show a sheet of decals which you can normally enlarge by clicking on them. Right click to copy it and then paste it into your paint pr...
by Graham King
28 Nov 2009, 03:56
Forum: MAIW Website/Forum Support
Topic: Site is missing 2 items
Replies: 2
Views: 418

Re: Site is missing 2 items

NAS Kingsville package has been added and I also decided a T-45 listing was a good idea so I have also added that to the aircraft list.
by Graham King
23 Nov 2009, 00:41
Topic: Need some help from any collectors
Replies: 13
Views: 474

Re: Need some help from any collectors

The website has been updated with the later version of the package. If you go to the maps from the front page and work your way to Texas you will find it there, or on the B-1B and C-130 pages of the Aircraft Models page.
by Graham King
18 Nov 2009, 09:30
Topic: Repaints for FAB UH-60, UH-1, etc
Replies: 73
Views: 4281

Re: Repaints for FAB UH-60, UH-1, etc

Joecoastie, that is excellent.

I have updated the package with the correct colours and angles.
by Graham King
17 Nov 2009, 22:35

I have painted 19 US Coast Guard aircraft from the units with the largest fleets. As before you need to copy the prop texture, included, and the pilot texture into each texture folder you install. You can download them here: http://www.king.eclipse.co.uk/Packages/JFAI_UH60_USCG_1.zip I have never re...
by Graham King
17 Nov 2009, 00:17

I painted 21 USAF HH-60G aircraft. I have included 2 units based overseas. As before you will need to copy the prop texture (included) and pilot texture into each folder you install.

You can download them here: http://www.king.eclipse.co.uk/Packages/ ... USAF_1.zip