Search found 126 matches

by garysted
21 Nov 2010, 18:08
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Skrydstrup v2
Replies: 34
Views: 1603

Re: Skrydstrup v2

WOW! 41 downloads in just a few hours! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Zsolt, glad you like it! Looks good, I never had the first version installed but just put this in and appears as advertised - just sorting out some AI. Anybody know how many F-16's the RDAF are flying nowadays?...
by garysted
19 Nov 2010, 22:16
Topic: Coming soon...
Replies: 54
Views: 2582

Re: Coming soon...

Gents, Just one further item I've just noticed, although it's a repaint and flightplan issue. One of the 80FS aircraft will not show if the textures and flightplans are added as released. Aircraft '-2054' is shown as a FY89 aircraft on the aircraft CFG file, but the Aircraft entry in the Flightplan ...
by garysted
17 Nov 2010, 18:57
Topic: Coming soon...
Replies: 54
Views: 2582

Re: Coming soon...

Hi again James, Another superb piece of work, excellent! I had to move a few textures around like the Aviano release but got there fairly quickly. Just one query, which I think somebody else has hit upon above as well. Any reason why the parking for small tactical jets is 26M? I noticed it with the ...
by garysted
04 Nov 2010, 23:23
Topic: Fighter town Europe
Replies: 41
Views: 2177

Re: Fighter town Europe

Thanks Dan, appreciate you staying with this and updating it. I think I found a way of getting everything at the right height - on my set up anyway. I added another AFCAD to the system with the runway elevated slightly which takes away the peeling runway, but doesn't raise the runway textures above ...
by garysted
21 Oct 2010, 10:40

Gents, Thanks for where the tower is, I wondered if that was it after having a look on google earth. Not being disrespectful to the scenery developer, but as that didn't look like a tower in the scenery I assumed it was a water tower or something else. I tried it with the 5m elevation, the AI was st...
by garysted
19 Oct 2010, 21:44

Hi Dan, Just a thought, and I've no idea if it would work, but is it worth raising the elevation of the scenery again, just by a ramdom small amount? I would do it but my attempt in ADE9X stripped out all the scenery, leaving just the aprons/runways. I don't really know enough about sceneries to cor...
by garysted
17 Oct 2010, 16:06

Gents, I'm a bit confused here as well. I've just installed the V3 file as above. I have no problems with elevation on AI traffic, but do have the peeling back on the runway textures. I do have UT Europe installed but have never had NL2000 or any Dutch specific scenery installed. Any ideas as to whi...
by garysted
15 Oct 2010, 11:12
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Parking query.
Replies: 8
Views: 372

Re: Parking query.

Hi,

It was the hold short node. One taxiway exit that the F3's were using did not have a red node on. I added it, watched at the same time and they taxied to empty spots. Thanks.

Gary
by garysted
14 Oct 2010, 20:56

Re: Parking query.

Gents, Thanks for your thoughts. I can eliminate the duplication of parking spots though, as I checked for that thinking that might be the reason. I am using a traffic viewer sometimes, although it's the one packaged in the Just Flight AI Traffic add-on which I don't think is the same one as most pe...
by garysted
14 Oct 2010, 18:38

Parking query.

Gents, Not a major issue but just curious as to any thoughts. In FS9 what would cause a AI aircraft to taxi and park on top of another one of similar type besides multiple AFCADS? That's the usual answer I hear to that happening but at Leuchars I have a 111 Sqn F3 taxiing and parking directly on top...
by garysted
13 Oct 2010, 19:56
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: 6 Squadron Typhoon's.
Replies: 10
Views: 980

Re: 6 Squadron Typhoon's.

Just a update on this. I've moved them upto Leuchars and added another jet, bringing them upto eight. Anybody who wants a update, or even the set from scratch just let me know.

Gary
by garysted
02 Oct 2010, 18:44
Topic: Aviano ADE scenery
Replies: 88
Views: 4465

Re: Aviano ADE scenery

Gents, I had the blank HAS problems with this scenery as well, and none of the suggested solutions here or in the Osan support thread worked either. I managed to stumble across the fix though almost by accident. If you're stuck, take the two bmp files (has1 and has3) from the Osan 'texture' folder a...
by garysted
14 Sep 2010, 22:06

Re: 6 Squadron Typhoon's.

Thanks guys, I noticed the blue was a problem, and tried to sort it out earlier this evening, but I only know how edit these in MS Paint, and for some reason I can't get it to paste another shade of blue in there. I'll have another crack at it tomorrow and I'll re-edit if possible. The FP's use 'Ven...
by garysted
14 Sep 2010, 20:29

6 Squadron Typhoon's.

Gents, Here's a quick shot of the main ASP at Coningsby with the newly marked 6 Squadron Typhoon's working up prior to transfer to Leuchars. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/garysted/GCS0290.jpg Partly inspired by the pics below from last week. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/garysted/I...
by garysted
31 Aug 2010, 21:48
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Keys in FS9 no longer working
Views: 512

Re: Keys in FS9 no longer working

Hi,

Sorted it. Bit embarrassing really, the 'increase/decrease' selection was the answer. I never realised that was the zoom function, should have realised really. I can't think why they were suddenly deselected though, odd. Thanks again guys.

Gary
by garysted
30 Aug 2010, 20:42

Thanks for the further info gents. I'm away from my FS PC for a while so won't be able to try the 'cfg' file method just yet. I'll check down the key selections again first - it is possible I may have missed them as I wasn't looking for increase/decrease selection, I was trying to find something in ...
by garysted
30 Aug 2010, 12:15

Hi,

Thanks for the attempt, but no luck. 'S' does still change views but appears to have no effect on my loss of zoom. Any further ideas?

Gary
by garysted
30 Aug 2010, 10:16

Keys in FS9 no longer working

Gents, This is a silly one, but it's frustrating my attempts to cure it. Sometime during a FS9 session my view zoom keys stopped working ('-' and '='), and I can no longer zoom. I wasn't altering anything and it's never happened before. You don't appear to be able to set those controls in the key as...
by garysted
28 Aug 2010, 14:03
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: RAAF (YAMB) Amberely Air Base, Queensland, Australia
Replies: 102
Views: 5689

Re: RAAF (YAMB) Amberely Air Base, Queensland, Australia

Thanks Mark, I kind of guessed that was the case, so worded the request appropriately. I'm known for my patience, so will keep watching! I took the plunge and downloaded VOZ 1.8 and installed it yesterday, then put Amberely back on top, which gave me a basic Tindal as well. All works fine, as I'm al...
by garysted
25 Aug 2010, 18:31
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Unsure on saving a airfield in ADE9
Replies: 14
Views: 694

Re: Unsure on saving a airfield in ADE9

Hi Dan/all, I spent some time last night going back and rereading the manual and doing some more trial and error. I came across a passage in the manual (must have missed it first time around) confirming, as you've said above, that when using ADE9 on a existing .bgl airport the excludes will not carr...