Search found 1329 matches

by TimC340
18 Feb 2023, 23:24
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: flightsim.to
Replies: 20
Views: 1029

Re: flightsim.to

Their ToS allow them to do pretty much anything, as the creators sign over all rights to the site. The site is registered in Tonga (hence the .to domain), so they may believe they're not liable under EU, UK or US law, but they'd be wrong about that. I don't believe at this point that they intend to ...
by TimC340
18 Feb 2023, 15:59
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Help needed please - FSX Flap Test
Replies: 28
Views: 1472

Re: Help needed please - FSX Flap Test

Many thanks Henk. That proves that the aprons are OK for the same FSX version that I have. I just don't know why I can't see them. John PS: Solved it! I had switched off all of my UK scenery areas just in case there was interference from another airfield, but I had left my MAIW Waypoints folder act...
by TimC340
18 Feb 2023, 15:51

Thanks for that, peeps. Busy today on other stuff but I'll be back on the treadmill tomorrow.

PS Henk's screenshot shows the value of Orbx! I can't stand the urbanised countryside FSX delivers.
by TimC340
18 Feb 2023, 15:26
Topic: flightsim.to
Replies: 20
Views: 1029

flightsim.to

This download site has been the go-to download site for all things MSFS freeware for a couple of years. They have now introduced a paid Premium Membership feature (like Fly Away) that promises faster downloads and a Content Creator revenue-sharing scheme. However, at the same time they have introduc...
by TimC340
14 Feb 2023, 17:43
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Italian military airports
Replies: 8
Views: 612

Re: Italian military airports

Alex, these sceneries are made by individuals in their spare time for fun. They aren't made to a specification, nor are there any commitments to update them over time. For those things you must go to the payware software houses and give them your money. You may then demand a certain level of service...
by TimC340
14 Feb 2023, 15:26

These screenshots show an example of what I've done (LIRE in P3Dv5.3).

by TimC340
14 Feb 2023, 15:20
Topic: Where Now For P3D?
Replies: 7
Views: 570

Re: Where Now For P3D?

Unreal Engine can import .obj and .fbx files, which most current 3D programs can export and which MCX can generate from any format that it imports. UE obviously will not take FS-style bgls, so some form of conversion would always be required. Up to UE4 (a 32-bit scenery generator), UE has really bee...
by TimC340
14 Feb 2023, 12:43
Topic: Where Now For P3D?
Replies: 7
Views: 570

Where Now For P3D?

It's been a good while since we've had any updates for P3D. Several bugs remain, and LM have gone quiet about fixing them. However, it appears their simulation department have been busy elsewhere, and you might have missed this from November last year: https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/news/featu...
by TimC340
14 Feb 2023, 12:28

Most of the Italian bases were made by John Stinstrom for FS9. John is no longer active in the FS world. I have updated many of them for P3Dv4/5, but without his explicit permission, I can't share those updates.
by TimC340
13 Feb 2023, 18:16
Topic: MSFS 2020
Views: 2310

Re: MSFS 2020

FSLTL is a freeware AI traffic program that is working under SU11. I'm not sure about how the technology works, but it does at least appear to work! Just Flight have released a payware traffic program FS Traffic which has been reviewed working under SU11 but I can't get it to work on my system. The...
by TimC340
27 Jan 2023, 10:17
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Tim's Trials...
Replies: 38
Views: 2953

Re: Tim's Trials...

As part of the project to present Thorney Island as a frame for John's Andovers, I began construction the C-Type hangars from the airfield. Inevitably, the model got out of hand and is way, way too complex and detailed for our sims. Indeed, this is becoming more of an art project than a flight simul...
by TimC340
25 Jan 2023, 16:48
Topic: Spanish AFB V6 from FS9 to FSX
Replies: 35
Views: 3491

Re: Spanish AFB V6 from FS9 to FSX

Hi Chris this is LEMO in P3Dv5 format. I've included the ad4 file so if you want to convert it to P3Dv4 or FSX you can (just import it into ADE set for the sim you're using and then compile it). It includes Tim's buildings and some others from MAIW libraries, but I wouldn't regard it as complete - i...
by TimC340
25 Jan 2023, 14:49

No worries Chris. I’m busy with other stuff just now, but I’ll dig it out and add it to this thread sometime in the next 24 hours.
by TimC340
25 Jan 2023, 14:46

I got Steve’s PM too, John. I have STB for FSX, so I’ll see if I can duplicate his findings - just for interest’s sake. Real Life (TM) has taken over a bit in the last week or so, but I’ll get back on with Thorney tomorrow.
by TimC340
24 Jan 2023, 07:56

If that’s the case, should I share my version (with Tim’s buildings) here?
by TimC340
24 Jan 2023, 07:52

FSX:SE has a partial SDK installed with the game. Some elements of the full SDK are missing and were never released, though I can’t remember which ones offhand. That’s why so many developers use the p3Dv1.4 SDK for FSX:SE work. My tests of John’s Andover in FSX:SE showed it behaving properly, though...
by TimC340
07 Jan 2023, 19:11
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...
Replies: 408
Views: 39674

Re: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...

Oh. I don't have that problem, Steve. Might be worth giving Henrik a shout.
by TimC340
07 Jan 2023, 17:09
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...
Replies: 408
Views: 39674

Re: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...

The single best thing about MSFS (and FSX/P3D, but it's not half as good in those sims):

by TimC340
02 Jan 2023, 13:52
Topic: HS Andover
Replies: 45
Views: 3007

Re: HS Andover

It would be fun to look at Sharjah, but I'm not sure how much demand there'd be - especially given that the airfield site is now under modern city blocks and our various sims and add-ons probably reflect that (the modern Sharjah Intl is a fair way from the erstwhile RAF Sharjah). The tower still exi...
by TimC340
02 Jan 2023, 12:27
Topic: HS Andover
Replies: 45
Views: 3007

Re: HS Andover

I don't know whether you can work it out from the screenshot I shared a few days ago, but I currently have 9 Andover-sized parking spots, 9 Herc (or Argosy) sized spots and a few FJ/Helo spots. I'm trying to ascertain whether any of the WW2 dispersals were still in use in 1970-ish, but I suspect not...