Skyhawk

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Skyhawk

Post by zsoltfireman »

mikeblaze wrote:It's that time of the week again, remember I said I was going to try to publish a package per week until New Years....... This is this week's installment........ I wanted to get this one done soon, as a tribute to the guys down under who have been very patient waiting for me to get off of my backside and finish it. I painted all twenty delivery serials, in all generations of VC724/VF805 schemes; and each serial is painted sometime in its career in one of the schemes. I was careful with my research to make sure the written-off aircraft were not painted in later schemes then when they were lost (it's a respect thing). This is my Veteran's Day/Armistice Day contribution........
Many Thanks!!!!

Would be nice the traffic file...... :shock:

Zsolt
SeanG
Captain
Captain

Post by SeanG »

Thank you so much for this! I am doing a retro RNZAF/Nowra package, but might just have to do an extra-retro(tm) version, rolling back to before 1984... I mean I even have HMAS Melbourne sailing off the coast for some T&G practice ;-)

Looking forward, patiently, for the RNZAF Kahu birds... which, if you want any data, images, details, loadouts etc I can help you with ;-)

SeanG
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

zsoltfireman wrote: Many Thanks!!!!

Would be nice the traffic file...... :shock:
Zsolt, I think that it would be better if you asked if anybody plans to make a traffic file in another thread.
It could be taken that you are complaining, which I know you are not doing, but I wouldn't want anybody to get the wrong idea.

This thread is for Mike to promote his models rather than requesting for plans for them.
Steve
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Here is package #1 for 2013, a long-promised down-under kind of thing........ Just sent it to AVSIM, go get it in a little while.....
Attachments
nmai_a4k_rnzaf.jpg
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Great !!!!!
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

You really keep me busy adding your constant flow of great model output, Mike. And I like to be busy .... :smt003
Cheers,
Martin
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Outstanding, may have to add these to my non retro X since I think I only have a few P-3's and C-130 in Kiwi service, plus these are very cool Scooters with the upgrades.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
ardethomas
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ardethomas »

Thank you, again.....!
SeanG
Captain
Captain

Post by SeanG »

You Sir, are a legend :) Much appreciated, now I'm off to mod my flightplans and get them up and flying around Nowra and Ohakea!

SeanG
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Sorry I didn't get back with you right away (Sean), but your input definitely found its way into a couple of the loadouts....... :D
Flyin Illini
Major
Major

Post by Flyin Illini »

Did I miss the US Navy later A-4's such as the E's? If I did, can someone point me to them please?
Phantoms Phorever!
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

The late USN/USMC Scooters are coming, never fear. Sooner than later, now, just got away from them for a time..... 8)
Flyin Illini
Major
Major

Post by Flyin Illini »

Awesome wasn't asking so don't rush! Trying to catch up with all these great models! Thanks for answering!
Phantoms Phorever!
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

I had a request for the M models last week, so I need to get up and finish this project up, so it will be off of my brain.... and in the hands of the fans..... 8)
Felixthreeone
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Felixthreeone »

mikeblaze wrote:I had a request for the M models last week, so I need to get up and finish this project up, so it will be off of my brain.... and in the hands of the fans..... 8)

..And I thank you very much for responding to my request so quickly and we are looking forward to them! Our package is going to kick some serious butt now that the A-4's will be available to round it out!!
Matt

mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Here are the middle USN/USMC Skyhawks, early/late A-4E....
Attachments
mpai_a4e_early_usn-usmc.jpg
mpai_a4e_late_usn-usmc.jpg
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

.... and the A-4F. This was pretty much identical to the late A-4E, as the A-4Es were brought up to this standard. The difference here is just in the paints.

8)
Attachments
mpai_a4f_usn-usmc.jpg
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

I traded Starfighters for Skyhawks this week, to try to close out this project in a huge surge of painting..... 88 new paints for part 2 and part 3 of this project, I let out all the stops for the M models, painted a lot of two-serial stuff to stretch the painting for not having a lot of units that used these aircraft late in their careers. Here are the A-4Ms, early and late variants......
Attachments
nmai_a4m_early_usmc.jpg
nmai_a4m_late_usmc.jpg
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

.... and the A-4L and OA-4M, all of this is going to AVSIM tonight, and will be available tomorrow. With a little luck I might be able to squeeze out the two-seaters, just down to painting. If not, by tomorrow, then next week after work, with paint kits thrown in so all of the better painters than I can have at it.....

8)
Attachments
nmai_a4l_usn-usmc.jpg
nmai_oa4m_usmc.jpg
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Gorgeous! I have a great fondness for the OA-4M. I can't put my finger on why but I do fins it a lovely aircraft.
Steve