Fort Campbell (KHOP) Scenery

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
msm8378
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by msm8378 »

Just a quick note...

KHOP scenery is slowly coming together.

With regards to previous post by Mike, I think he jinxed me in the process of providing me with a sound peace of advice, for shortly after he posted I found myself inundated with "real world" priorities.... :?

At any rate, next post will have some screen shots of the project thus far...
ricktk
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by ricktk »

Looking forward to it :!: 8)
Rick

"Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check."
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

It's ready when it's ready...... :wink:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
msm8378
Captain
Captain

Update + question

Post by msm8378 »

OK, after two funerals and a sick dog...and now AVSIM being down...I am back to working on the KHOP project.

Went to KHOP the other day and a friend still on active duty got me a good close look at several things that did not match up with the charts, plus the new construction on the SW side of field...so the project goes on.

With the warmer weather training traffic has picked up as well...the usual dense helo traffic, C-130's, C-5's, and a couple of T-38 including one from NASA.

I hope to set up a few webpages this summer that will highlight the field and have some spotter pic's of the various a/c coming in and out. At least I hope there will be an interest...

OK, now the questions...

1) I have heard some that ADE is possibly working on an FS9 version? Any other info or truth?

2) I am also working on some repaints of C-141's using the Alphasim model and HTAI. Does anyone know of a good source for the unit's that flew them and the tail numbers that were assigned to each unit?

3) Lastly, I have started a C-5M panel for Mike Stone's C-5. The C-5M will have almost entirely new avionics on the panel with multi-page MFDs.

Thanks to one and all for the help, encouragement, and all else..

p.s. for Mike.... "it's ready when it's ready"..... 8)
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well the answer to number 1. is yes, but it will be some time before we get our paws on it.

2. I can't help there.

3. Is that a question? :?
Steve
msm8378
Captain
Captain

Steve

Post by msm8378 »

Sorry Steve....number 3 was an after-thought...no question.

Thanks for your assistance :D
StealthHellion
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by StealthHellion »

Try this for the C-141 tail numbers and units

http://www.c141heaven.com/c141list.html
msm8378
Captain
Captain

C141Heaven

Post by msm8378 »

StealthHelion...

Got it, I forgot all about that site. I have visited it a number of times when it was first set up...

Just reviewed it and hope to get some info from the fine folks that actually worked on the beasts...

StealthHellion
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by StealthHellion »

I grew up by McChord AFB, so I have alot of memories of C-141's and the Hercs flying around....are you planning to do some retro McChord paints? I know the basics on how to create flightplans, was always wanting to do a retro McChord package.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

The AI AH-64 and CH-47 need a new home! Can't wait.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
msm8378
Captain
Captain

Replies

Post by msm8378 »

StealthHellion...

Would like to do a number of them for the HTAI model. Never could figure out why no one has done many repaints for it. There are a couple, but very generic.

There are several very good ones for McChord using the AlphaSim model. The model is a very good one that is one of the few payware items I have ever bought, and now it is freeware as AlphaSim has released it as such...

Ref: new home for AH-64 and CH-47. Yep, I hope to include a few of each in the package. My real interest would be to see MAIW do a full package for Task Force 160th or maybe I can tackle one down the road. We will have to wait and see what kind of magic Nick Black tosses us as to further helo models... stay tuned as I am setting up a couple of webpages and will be linking some screenshots soon... :P
msm8378
Captain
Captain

Post by msm8378 »

So far this has been a really fun project for me, and living just a few miles from the base is a plus as well.

Will have screenies coming very soon, plus would like to get help via a couple of beta testers as well. Hopefully, AVSIM's library will come back real soon as well so I can wrap this project up and move on to the next one....

The airfield buildings and other objects are in place. Am now trying to see what other features can be added for "depth" without dragging frame rates down.

I have a small list of fields in the KY/TN area that I know the helo's visit on a regular basis. If anyone has knowledge of any, please let me know so I can provide modified AFCADs where needed. The traffic files I am putting together are based on what I see coming and going in the area. Helo's the last few years have been sparse most of the time, due to the war, but folks can add as many as they wish. My main focus has been on getting the scenery set just right for the fixed-wing stuff.

One last note...if anyone has seen a static object of a helo...AH-64 or UH-60 with the rotors folded in airlift config, please leave a reply or PM me. I would like to set a couple of a/c loads near parking spots waiting to be loaded.

Thanks for all the support, views, comments, etc....and "It's Ready When, It's Ready"

Mat
Psuls
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Psuls »

msm8378 wrote: One last note...if anyone has seen a static object of a helo...AH-64 or UH-60 with the rotors folded in airlift config, please leave a reply or PM me. I would like to set a couple of a/c loads near parking spots waiting to be loaded.
Mat
I made a very light AH64 as a part of an aircraft cargo :wink:
I can send you the FSDS files if you wish
Pascal
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

msm8378 wrote:Will have screenies coming very soon, plus would like to get help via a couple of beta testers as well. Hopefully, AVSIM's library will come back real soon as well so I can wrap this project up and move on to the next one....

Mat
Mat,

Give me a shout when your ready for a inspection, I try and fit it in around MAIW assignments.

Mark :D
Mark
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Mat,
I can beta test for you as well, I am working on getting my current post, Ft. Hood (KHLR/KGRK), up to MAIW standard.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
msm8378
Captain
Captain

Post by msm8378 »

Thank you for the replies...

Pascul... I would be very grateful for the FSDS files...I don't have that program. I am assuming that I will need to convert them to an MDL? I will PM you with my e-mail address for the file. :)

Thanks for the BETA test offers, I will be in touch via PM when the package is in final form.

I have slowed up just a little. I found some new software on FSDeveloper, but am having some minor problems with BGLcomp....

Mat
maddog65
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by maddog65 »

Mat
same here let me know and I will beta for ya!!!

Les
msm8378
Captain
Captain

Post by msm8378 »

Quick update...

The AFCAD for KHOP is proving to be a real pain. The taxiways in the default are in most cases 100+ meters off from their true locations and KHOP has taxiways of varying widths (80ft to 200ft). It is a painstaking process to say the least...which is one more reason that I have come to truly appreciate the official work by the MAIW crew. :D

Final touches have been made to a separate bgl containing the I-24/41A interchange complete with truck stops and what not. This is a major VFR landmark on the approach to RWY 23. Separate bgl's have been made for various training area sceneries for helo, C-130, and A-10 flyers. They are in separate bgl's so that they may be included/excluded at will by the end user.

This being my first major contribution to the flightsim community I want it to be as accurate as I can so thanks for all the friendly support and "It's ready when it's ready.... 8)

Mat
msm8378
Captain
Captain

Re: Fort Campbell (KHOP) Scenery

Post by msm8378 »

Hello everyone...

I want to apologize for being out of the loop since June. Real life has come front and center at the moment.

I have finally gained some breathing room, so I can continue to pull this scenery together. For those who offered to assist with beta testing please send me an email to mmilutin@hesenergy.net if your offers are still good.

Thanks for the patience, and I think that all will be very pleased...it will have been worth the unanticipated long wait.

Thanks,

Mat
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: Fort Campbell (KHOP) Scenery

Post by MIKE JG »

See what I mean about self induced deadlines..... :D
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log