Who Remember's These

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Lewis,
Thanks for help, I think I have it sorted now. I found a different version of the file KNIP.zip, which has both the KNIP.bgl and AF2_KNIP.bgl in the Scenery folder, which makes the swap out easy. The other version had just the KNIP.bgl, an not the AFCAD separate, I was mistaken into thinking the AFCAD was within this .bgl, as I would pull up the file in AFCAD, it was labeled KNIP.bgl. My changes to this AFCAD would result in the hangars disappearing. Off to test.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

No luck with testing. As directed removed the AF2_KNIP file from the KNIP scenery folder. Pull up AFCAD and search for KNIP, I get both the MAIW version and the KNIP.bgl. Open file KNIP.bgl and it looks exactly like the AF2_KNIP.bgl I removed, with 8-10 parking spots. Did you change the priority in your scenery? I am trying to overlay the more accurate MAIW AFCAD with the KNIP scenery.

But at least the H-3's looked great parked on the seawall!
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
lewis
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by lewis »

Ok. Have you checked on the sim itself to see if it is working Ok? The afcad program will show both afcads, which is how it should be. The MAIW KNIP afcad should be in the "Addon Scenery/scenery" folder and the "KNIP.bgl" should be in the "Addon Scenery/Jacksonville NAS (KNIP)/scenery" folder. See screenies of earlier posts. This is the scenery arrangement I have on my system.
Lewis
maddog65
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by maddog65 »

Lewis,
I think Victory is asking on your setup do you have the NAS Jax scenery a higher priority than the Addon Scenery folder.

Les
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

The KNIP.bgl is overriding the MAIW AFCAD in my system. Both are installed as directed, but when I load FS9, I only see the KNIP.bgl with the nice scenery. I was wondering if I had to do the priority trick to make FS9 read the MAIW AFCAD first vice the KNIP.bgl. I just wish the scenery .bgls where separate like most sceneries.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Dustoff,
This problem is covered in the Florida Orions support forum http://militaryaiworks.com/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0.
I am guessing that your Addon Scenery folder is lower in the pecking order than the KNIP scenery. If you read that thread your will see my somewhat Heath-Robinson solution to your problem. It has worked for everybody else so my advice would be to try it.
If it doesn't work we can investigate further. Let us know how you get on and if you have any questions, give us a shout.
Steve
lewis
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by lewis »

In the settings, the Addon Scenery folder should go higher, see screenie, then everybody else. You will note that I have an Afcad and Traffic folders, I like to keep some added afcads and some ai traffic files separated.
Flatten files also need to be higher than the carrier packages they serve.

Lewis
Attachments
Settings.JPG
Settings.JPG (60.77 KiB) Viewed 291 times
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Ok, threadjack over and I should have known to do some searching on the package support thread, as I guessed most of us are using JD's great scenery NAS Jacksonville.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris