Disappearing Textures

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
flyerkg
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Re: Disappearing Textures

Post by flyerkg »

Hi Nick,

I am FSX Acceleration. SP2 was previously installed. I am not experiencing issues with any other repaint. Maybe I selected the wrong format on this particular plane. (DDS, DXT) I do have a couple of repaints I did for VFA-106 that show fine with the F/A-18C pylon model. But when I tried to create various models for the F/A-18D (Drill, Single tank, pylon) all show up invisible. I have several repaints for MCAS Miramar aircraft, so I might have skipped a step in the process when working quickly. Thank you for inquiring.

Keith
Grape
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Grape »

Well, I think I solved my disappearing texture problem. I started out removing each squadron one at a time, started FSX after each removal. After removing the 3rd squadron the issue was gone. I deleved into the aircraft.cfg file for the 3rd squadron and found this "texture=VFA-VFA-15_302". One little typo. I fixed the typo and started re-adding the squadrons one at a time, started FSX after each addition. After they were all in, everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks to all who took the time to help me out.
Grape
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Grape »

Keith, try saving your textures as Extended Bitmap DXT3 and see if that works.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Well done for keeping on at the problem, and posting what you found here.
Steve
Grape
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Grape »

Thanks Steve. Hopefully no one else will have the same problem, but simple little things like errors in the aircraft.cfg file can sure screw alot of things up.
flyerkg
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by flyerkg »

I encountered the same issue with spelling the name of the texture folder different than the name in the aircraft.cfg file. I discovered and fixed this problem with some Cessna singles I recently repainted for my Hawaii scenery. The plane knows where and when to be in the active scenery but cannot match the location of its own skin. I will go back to my VFA-106 repaints and if this is the same issue, I will be able to fix right away.

Thanks!
Keith
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by Graham King »

If you need to save the texture with a plain Alpha Channel you need to make an all white bitmap the same size as the main texture, normaly 1024 x 1024.

In DXTBmp after you have opened the texture you need to import the plain bitmap by using menu Alpha\Import Alpha Channel and then locate your plain bitmap. Then save the file as DXT3 as normal.
Graham King

Why can’t they keep the colours in the bloody paint pots and just leave them grey

www.graham-king.me.uk