Repaints for FAB UH-60, UH-1, etc

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
maddog65
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Re: Repaints for FAB UH-60, UH-1, etc

Post by maddog65 »

it's working now. Don't know what the problem was before.

Les
Les
MAIW Veteran

Post by Graham King »

I have moved on to the US Army. I have painted 61 aircraft from 3 units with different variations of schemes, although there is not much of that.

I have included a copy of the new prop texture which you will need to copy into each texture folder you install together with the original pilot texture.

You can download them here: http://www.king.eclipse.co.uk/Packages/ ... Army_1.zip
Graham King

Why can’t they keep the colours in the bloody paint pots and just leave them grey

www.graham-king.me.uk

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Wow. You are on a roll, Graham.
Steve
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

MAN! When I started this thread I had no idea... I just wanted a couple of generic paints... :D :D :D
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Graham,
You have always been the "man" in my book with accurate paints, but now you have my upmost respect with my bird the H-60. Now just need some Medevac repaints of my company and I'll get all the tail numbers.

Huge Thanks!
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

I really appreciate all this work done on these models mainly because they lack the realism of most of the newer AI models available and probably will only be used by those of us desparate for AI helos :) , but they do fill a gap and I am happy to get them.

Now, with all that said, I'll beg again. Does anyone know how to speed these guys up, especially on the approach phase, but I believe they cruise faster than 90 knots also? I've done all I know to do with no change.

And BTW, the paints are great as usual Graham. :D
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Still working with the airfile from other AI models based off the original "stremme_glider" version. I am looking at lewis's H-3 pack he did as well, but the models fly slow approaches, then stop quick. You could change up the AFCAD to, there was some work being done on NS Norfolk that has a separate helo-only runway for the HSC squadrons based there.

Normal cruise should be in the 120-140kts range. We plan for 120 about 90% of the time.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Graham King »

I painted 21 USAF HH-60G aircraft. I have included 2 units based overseas. As before you will need to copy the prop texture (included) and pilot texture into each folder you install.

You can download them here: http://www.king.eclipse.co.uk/Packages/ ... USAF_1.zip
Graham King

Why can’t they keep the colours in the bloody paint pots and just leave them grey

www.graham-king.me.uk

Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Ok stop this is getting out of hand! HA, thanks for the early gifts. Combat Aircraft Monthly just had an article on Moody AFB CSAR assets, lots of shots of the HH-60G, including the Wing Cdr bird with "teeth".
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
lewis
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by lewis »

Jake, you have to remenber that helos do land at very low speeds, specially if it has no wheels like the Huey. As Victory says, they should fly at about 120-140 kts, but landings will always be slow. The only time a helo does rolling landings is if it has a tail rotor failiure or if it is practicing that particular emergency, and in any case, it will not be doing more than 40 kts. at touchdown. Lewis
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

it will not be doing more than 40 kts. at touchdown
Yeah, I understand that and what I'm asking for may be beyond the abilities of the FS9 AI engine. My problem is, they get in line on a long approach and it takes them 5-10 minutes to land and in the meantime everybody else is doing go-arounds. What I need, of course is a separate runway for the helos. :roll: I just forgot. :) I'm not that good at all the nuances of AFCAD. I've made some helo runways that worked and some that didn't...who knows :lol:
hermit

Post by hermit »

Set the Pattern Altitude for the runway to 500ft in the AFCAD and they won't slow down to their approach speed as early.
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Graham King »

I have painted 19 US Coast Guard aircraft from the units with the largest fleets.

As before you need to copy the prop texture, included, and the pilot texture into each texture folder you install.

You can download them here: http://www.king.eclipse.co.uk/Packages/ ... USCG_1.zip

I have never really got the colours correct when painting the USCG. Does anybody know what the correct colours are? Also is the angle, size and spacing of the bands significant?
Graham King

www.graham-king.me.uk

Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

Graham King wrote: I have never really got the colours correct when painting the USCG. Does anybody know what the correct colours are? Also is the angle, size and spacing of the bands significant?
"The design consists of a wide red bar forward of a narrow blue bar both canted at 64 degrees above the horizontal with the Coast Guard emblem superimposed. It was originally recommended in 1964 by the industrial design firm of Raymond Loewy/William Snaith, Incorporated and was adopted service-wide on 6 April 1967.

The color red used in the slash is Pantone 179.

The color blue used in the slash is Pantone 307."

Also see: http://www.uscg.mil/directives/cim/5000 ... 200_14.pdf

Hope this helps Graham. :smt006

Joecoastie
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Graham King »

Joecoastie, that is excellent.

I have updated the package with the correct colours and angles.
Graham King

www.graham-king.me.uk

bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Hi all, is there someone out there that have already made some FP for all these helos?
...I know....I could make them from myself, but I don't kwon where they are based and/or where they go...

Thanks, Giorgio
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Just started them to check airfile's, but I have been busy real world. Graham listed the bases they are stationed in the aircraft.cfg section. I'll post my FP's when I can get to them. Using the Fort Bragg MAIW/real world knowledge for the FP's.

US Navy
HSC-21 "Blackjacks" NAS North Island, CA-KNZY
HSC-2 "Fleet Angels" NS Norfolk, VA-----KNGU
Station SAR NAS Whidbey Island, WA----- KNUW---callsign "FIREWOOD".

US Coast Guard
These are stand-ins for the HH-60J/MH-60T Jayhawk (tail wheel location)
CGAS Elizabeth City/Regional, NC----KECG
CGAS Clearwater/St. Petersburg Intl, FL----KPIE

US Army
Ft Rucker, AL Lowe AHP-----KLOR (LOR in game) and Cairns AAF--KOZR
Ft. Bragg/Simmons AAF*, NC KFBG ---Hopefully you have the MAIW package already!
*includes 498th Med Co, who are actually 3-82 AVN real world.

USAF
Moody AFB, GA ----KVAD <--non-MAIW package out but good! (change tailcode to "FT")
Kadena AB, Okinawa Japan<---non-MAIW stuff out
RAF Lakenheath, UK-----EGUL <----MAIW package out
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

WOW! ...Seems to be a lot of work...
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Take your most popular AI aircraft and double that. I used to think I had tons of F-16's in FS! In the Navy we didn't do too much flying on Fridays, somewhat the same for the Army (both do lots of night flying). Trying to get the FP's to show a nice 4-ship air assault flight out of Ft. Bragg. Learning alot of how the pros do FP's.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
WB383
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by WB383 »

I have been looking all over for a AI HH-60 in USAF repaint, im glad someone out there has one but i cant seem to find the original model and traffic file for JFAI UH-60. Can somone put up a link or tell me where to get it. Thnx in advance :D

-Wil-