Search found 403 matches

by flyboy
27 Mar 2007, 18:04
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Sub Hunt Exercise off NAS Key West
Replies: 26
Views: 1754

Can't remember the last time we did an ASWEX. The last one we had scheduled was canx'ed without a reschedule. ASW is a dying art. From CNN: 3/27/2007 U.S. show of force in Persian Gulf ABOARD THE USS JOHN C. STENNIS IN THE GULF (AP) -- The U.S. Navy on Tuesday began its largest demonstration of for...
by flyboy
25 Mar 2007, 18:22

The first screen shot shows a low level attack on the Naval Task Force. It is fast approaching within range of NAS Key West. The last screen shot, poor quality and all, show how hard it is to find one of the moving submarine. The white splash right below the Orion is the submarine. It is just showin...
by flyboy
25 Mar 2007, 18:19

Part 2
by flyboy
25 Mar 2007, 18:17

Here is my initial work up of this exercise. You can play around with it and improve on it. Just substitute what aircraft you want to participate, Naval Traffic can be found on http://www.fs-shipyards.org/ under downloads. I have added a Naval Task group also, but you will have to go out and search ...
by flyboy
25 Mar 2007, 09:33
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Pope Air Force Base
Replies: 44
Views: 3029

Kudzu was introduced to help prevent soil erosion back in the early days. The only problem was they had no idea how to control it or kill it. Here in North Alabama, it cost millions of dollars in damage to power poles, lines and trees. I have seen a few bad areas where nothing exist except the kudzu...
by flyboy
25 Mar 2007, 00:04
Topic: Couple more...
Replies: 0
Views: 297

Couple more...

Couple more... And I still think the Osprey is still the hardest aircraft to fly. Just shows some of the Naval add-ons that can be done. There is a freeware USCG cutter available and a scenery package that places them all around the US just like the carriers.
by flyboy
25 Mar 2007, 00:02

Still testing timing of aircraft and naval forces. Went out to the test site a different way today. I used Shipyard to place the USCG Cutter close to the Exercise Area. It has a landable deck on it. Only thing was...I wanted to get there in a hurry.....
by flyboy
24 Mar 2007, 16:56
Topic: What I am Adding to my Miltary AI
Replies: 138
Views: 11901

Ben, I have not posted them in a while. I never tried to post them on AVSIM as I never felt they were good enough. btaylo24 has done a lot of great flightplans that seems to reflect what most people want. I also use my own standard for example: Aircraft Naming : Since I have so many AI aircraft, I h...
by flyboy
24 Mar 2007, 16:29
Topic: What I am Adding to my Miltary AI
Replies: 138
Views: 11901

Hey Flyboy just wondering where can we get your flightplans? Most of my flight plans are self generated. I use TrafficBoard for some, other I have a flightplan program that I modified that will generate some. They are not perfect by any means, and not "real world". I am an ex-multiengine ...
by flyboy
24 Mar 2007, 14:40

Most of these deployments, exercises, even flightplans I do are a figment of my imagination. My idea is to try to make the AI have a purpose other than fly from base to base, or TNGs. In today's security environment, I am not so sure we should give out too much information. One of the biggest things...
by flyboy
24 Mar 2007, 00:20

I watch the "Hunters" depart again and went out to one of the search point on one of my sailable ships. You can hear the aircraft circling over head on the different sectors. I will show you one of my Sub Hunt AFCAD design,...it covers a large area. Inside this AFCAD I have made 5 waypoint...
by flyboy
24 Mar 2007, 00:09
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: "BONE"head mistake.........
Replies: 13
Views: 712

Its called a "Failure in Crew Coordination". Another words they failed to follow procedures...
by flyboy
24 Mar 2007, 00:07

The submarine is from Ron Jeffer and can be found on http://www.fs-shipyards.org/. He even has one that goes underwater and fires a torpedo.
by flyboy
24 Mar 2007, 00:04

SH53 ?? Making up aircraft as we go? SH-3 ?? Havn't flown ASW in years. what left of 'em fly trash, and are SAR birds. But they are going away quicker than the S-3. SH-60 is our ASW Helo. What do you expect from an old Air Force bird? Idea is to get em flying somewhere other than in circles..... He...
by flyboy
23 Mar 2007, 15:28

More testing...here is a couple of the surface fleet and submarine test.
by flyboy
23 Mar 2007, 00:20

Misha_K wrote:We need an AI CH-53!

and a whole lot more......Would be nice!!! This one flies alright, just does not taxi too good. I think that is because I have my taxi speeds accelerated..
by flyboy
22 Mar 2007, 22:18

Some screenshots of Hunters departing KNQX. I am planning on relocating Sub Exercise point way farther out into the Gulf, along with the 5 new search waypoints I just added. Just checked all package departures and all are leaving as planned. Shots show E6, CH53, S3 and SH3 packages departing.. I hav...
by flyboy
22 Mar 2007, 20:22

We had several GIs lost off the cliffs on Andersen Guam plus a whole TDY tanker crew drowned at Sharks Hole while I was there. Guam can be a very dangerous place to play in the water, if you don't know the conditions. Adding the Naval and Army side opens up a new side of Military AI. It is a lot of ...
by flyboy
22 Mar 2007, 18:15

I really did not know how hard it was to spot a submarine running on the surface in 500 square miles of ocean.... I tried searching at 5000 feet with no luck, then came down to 1000 and flew a box pattern and found one. What makes this interesting is all the other "Hunters" I got flying ov...
by flyboy
22 Mar 2007, 16:34

This is normally used in FS2004 only. The submarines move around just like taxing aircraft. You just make the taxi paths on water instead of land and you can make them a lot longer. Flight plans are made just like aircraft except what happens is, they leave their parking slot, taxi around a large ci...