The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 500 matches

by col1948
20 Jul 2018, 09:45
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Fire fighting foam idea
Replies: 6
Views: 779

Fire fighting foam idea

I posted this on another forum but thought I would also let you guys see it as well: I worked a Manchester EGCC for over 33 yrs, I remember the day the Airtours caught fire: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-33304675 After this it got me thinking and I submitted an idea to management, thi...
by col1948
03 Jul 2018, 17:41
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Bristrol Sycamore as AI?
Replies: 13
Views: 833

Re: Bristrol Sycamore as AI?

@leuen,
Yes that is an oldish air file, I used it years ago but there are other air files that also work with ai, have you tried some from the helis here on MAIW?

It is a fancy name for an air file, you can rename it you know to make it sorter, like I said I used it years ago and renamed it.

Col.
by col1948
02 Jul 2018, 14:07

I was thinking, I have Westland Dragonfly heli which is very similar to this Bristol Sycamore, might be a good substitute.

Col.
by col1948
02 Jul 2018, 14:01

Yes Steve, I have seen that, on approach I've seen the props/rotas stop spinning then activate again, then stop and so on. I did read about the 3 stages of animation as you mentioned when I was searching, but as you previously said, "Is it worth it?" I only gave it a try to help the op but...
by col1948
02 Jul 2018, 13:40

Hi Again Steve, I forgot I have the MCX model converter, when I placed the heli in it and used the animation control, the rotas turned. Now they probably turn because it is a flyable, so not sure if and how to rectify it, also I found a code through searching for making props turn, could that be edi...
by col1948
02 Jul 2018, 12:09

Hi Steve, If you remember I had this problem on another heli, I gave up in the end.
You say flyable models do not have this animation, yet I've changed many a flayable to use as AI and they have worked, or have i misunderstood?

Col.
by col1948
02 Jul 2018, 08:37

Well I got it flying but... I had this problem on another heli, no rotation on the props.
I'm not sure how to rectify this it might be part of the model.

Col.
by col1948
25 Jun 2018, 13:43
Topic: FSX lost the default map.
Replies: 4
Views: 557

Re: FSX lost the default map.

Well I copied the Map.dat from FS9 as it seemed to be the same, but still no joy.
I did get round it by slewing in the sim and using Plan-G, I could see the aircraft icon on that map.

Col.
by col1948
25 Jun 2018, 13:04

Re: FSX lost the default map.

Hi Steve,

I looked on my FSX Gold disks but couldn't find the map or the Uires, it is probably hidden inside one of the zips.

In the Uires folder in my sim I have Map.DAT 17,236kb dated 12/06/2006

Col.
by col1948
25 Jun 2018, 07:16

FSX lost the default map.

I don't know why this has happened but I can't access the default map in FSX. When I click to bring it up nothing happens, the reason I want it is sometimes I like to fly a seaplane so I slew the icon on the map to the desired spot. Also I use it the same way to do a water afcad, I slew the aircraft...
by col1948
23 Jun 2018, 07:49
Topic: Modification of Orbx scenery.
Replies: 7
Views: 683

Re: Modification of Orbx scenery.

Hi Steve,
Sorry for late reply, I got it sorted now, I found the file that has the statics, it also has a few other things in it but I can live without them, but it cured the problem, no statics anywhere even on other airfields.

Col.
by col1948
05 Jun 2018, 11:07
Forum: Other Design Discussions
Topic: Random AI Flight Plans Question?
Replies: 2
Views: 899

Re: Random AI Flight Plans Question?

Hi Steve, When I have ever tried this on XP I'm in the UK, mostly it flies within the UK but at times it has flown the AI over to Europe, once it did select an airfield on the east coast of the USA. I have tried letting the AI fly a heli on XP but it is horrendous, it just can't do it, the heli flip...
by col1948
05 Jun 2018, 06:42
Topic: Random AI Flight Plans Question?
Replies: 2
Views: 899

Random AI Flight Plans Question?

I have X-plane 11 installed as well as FS, I use FS more times that XP by the way. In XP you can select an aircraft then select AI to fly it, I use this a lot, one of the reasons is the flight plan seems random, a popup will show where the aircraft it going to fly to, I have no control of it as I've...
by col1948
05 Jun 2018, 06:02
Topic: minimum height in a flight plan
Replies: 9
Views: 1460

Re: minimum height in a flight plan

On this subject of low level AI flightplans, if I'm not mistaken if you set a VFR plan at low level and there are obstacles near by the AC will fly in to them. If you set it to IFR at low level then ATC will tel the AC to fly higher till it clears the obstacle then it will return to the lower level ...
by col1948
05 Jun 2018, 05:51
Topic: Sharing MAIW aircraft with friends
Replies: 5
Views: 819

Re: Sharing MAIW aircraft with friends

Reading above isn't just easier to send the download aircraft links to your friends then as you say you made some traffic files so just zip them up and send them. If they know how to marry the traffic files with the aircraft then it should be easy or if they don't some brief instructions. As for Mik...
by col1948
02 Jun 2018, 08:26
Topic: Question to the model makers.
Replies: 1
Views: 291

Question to the model makers.

This may seem like an unusual question but I was reading a thread on another forum where a newbie as they sometimes call them was asking a question, this made me think of when some of you model makers very first started, as a newbie model maker. First let me say the models I've downloaded from this ...
by col1948
22 May 2018, 15:04

Hi Steve, First I asked because I am also using Air Hauler, not sure if you are familiar with that program, but in that program I'm using EGNR as my home base for doing cargo runs. Now when I was using FS9 I once modified EGNR to give it more parking plus I altered the taxi routes to make it more fl...
by col1948
22 May 2018, 13:54

I may have it wrong but these are the two replies he sent me: Hello, Since you have England and Wales, I must assume that like me, you have a version of EGNR in both and that they conflict with each other. I suppose that you should disable one of them, the England one seems the best option, then ope...
by col1948
22 May 2018, 10:50

Modification of Orbx scenery.

This may be of interest to some who have Orbx scenery installed: I recently asked on the Orbx support forum if I altered and airport would it effect the scenery. Now bear in mind this was on the support form: I was asked what airport I had a problem with, I said it was EGNR Hawarden, I thought if I ...
by col1948
17 May 2018, 11:45
Topic: How to lock gear up Question?
Replies: 12
Views: 615

Re: How to lock gear up Question?

Hi Pete,

I did amend the contact points previous to doing the mod, the reason was to make it sit slightly under the water to hide the wheels, this was when the wheels were down.
After the mode it sat and looked OK so I never bothered changing them, to be honest I didn't think of changing them.

Col.